1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Predict Capela's salary in Restricted FA and whether we match!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by iNoseBleedRed, Dec 3, 2017.

1. YOLO

YOLO Member

they need way more than that to be in the discussion of actual playoffs. they are not close

2. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

The Mavericks will offer Capela the max. They reportedly offered Noel 4 years/$70M last year, when all other teams had become frugal and Noel had proven nothing. Capela doesn't seem like a franchise player, but they've been willing to overpay for non-franchise players for their entire history. They threw max contracts at Parsons, Barnes, Matthews, and Deandre when everyone already knew those were not good value contracts at the time.

They don't have a center for next year, have plenty of cap space, and Capela is a healthy 23 year old putting up monster numbers with a 25 PER. Cuban would do it just to stick it to Morey.

3. Vivi

Vivi Member

They can draft a center first. Second, there're different players available in that spot this summer, most of them being unrestricted. Also, teams are looking to spend less money from now on so, there's a good chance the Mavs won't max Clint if they even make an offer for him. I know we're talking about Cuban but all things considered seems like there's a good chance he won't make another dumb decision after the one he made with Parsons, hope he learned something last time.

4. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

Possibly. They might be after Randle instead. But Cuban was very much enamored with Parsons, they didn't regret signing him at all they simply weren't comfortable matching Memphis' offer. They gave Matthews a near max contract even after his achilles tear, and after Deandre had already reneged on them. And their rumored offer for Noel was just ridiculous. They are lucky Barnes is as good as he is. Not that he's great or anything, but he could've been another huge bust of a contract.

5. trugoy

trugoy Member

Anyone change their mind?

6. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Nothing has changed for me from when I initially posted my thoughts.

YOLO likes this.
  7. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

Hopefully that guy who thought Jazz would trade Don Mitchell's for Ryno+Gordon changes his mind. Ryno+Gordon = 32 Mil vs Don's contract @ like what? 1 mill?

8. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

There is no one better than Capela in the league at what he does / is asked to do.

That said , he's not a piece you pay for as a building block , he's the free agent you go after thinking he's the final piece to your puzzle , because he doesn't create for himself , he needs someone to set the table.

saleem likes this.
  9. valorita

valorita Member

Just switch Ryno and pancake kings’ salary and we set.

10. fattz

fattz Member

Like 2 of the best point guards in the league and the rest of team that creates space with 3 point shooting. If only there was a team for him to find success.

jcf likes this.
  11. ballscientist1

Capela max.

Via friendship, Spurs traded injury Splitter $40 million to Hawks for 2nd round pick a few yrs ago?

Via friendship? Do you think Mark Cuban or Bulls has a chance to absorb Ryan's contract in order to meet the team minimum salary requirement?

12. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

13. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

14. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

15. John Harvey

John Harvey Member

How bad was the Anderson signing.

16. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Which one, Shandon or Ryan? ;)

Deckard likes this.
  17. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

I think i said like 80-100 mill before the season.

I’m gonna say 120-140! ****. This guy is gonna get paid. Lol.

18. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

A quote from that source - "Rockets owner Tilman Fertita has said he has no problem paying the luxury tax, and with Capela along with Chris Paul and Trevor Ariza, Houston will likely have to go deep inside the tax to keep this group together.

Until Tilman proves that he didn't mean it, I'm going to take him at his word. My personal opinion is that if Morey and Fertita let Capela go, they have lost their collective minds. On the brink of turning 24, he has become a star during these two playoffs series. It's truly been remarkable to see. He's even averaged 32 minutes a game, proving that along with everything else, he's still improving his endurance.

Clint is very young, and I'm hoping that he will sign a shorter contract at under his probable market value, say 3 years starting at $20 million (several million under the max with his years in the league), with a 3rd year player option, so we can add talent, keep the core, including Trevor and hopefully Luc, and then give Clint the max or near max after the 2nd year of the new deal. I'm not a capalogist, so please forgive any errors, money wise, but Capela is worth it. A player as young as he is, with the potential he has, with his rate of improvement to date, who has stepped up in a huge way during the playoffs, the ultimate test, is not a player a team should let go. In my opinion.

19. John Harvey

John Harvey Member

Bye

20. TheRedRanger

TheRedRanger Member

It really sucks that we have Ryan Anderson's contract. His value just keeps getting lower.