1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Steve Francis' ego won't let this team turn the corner

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mag, Dec 20, 2003.

1. farhan007

farhan007 Member

to bad this orginization will never understand that... but forcing steve to be a passer when he is a natural scorer is crazy. "We need to force him to be a good passer" is like saying were going to force Kelvin Cato to be a scoring pf... This guy is a natural at scoring. The managment of this team is horrible at utilzing the strenghts of a player.
    Steve francis a playmaker
    Kelvin Cato a starting pf
    Yao a franchise level banger
    Jakson a sf
    Mobley is the only starting person on the team who is in the right position...

2. Charvo

Charvo Member

I agree. Mobley is adapting well because he is basically playing within his boundaries.

3. spydermex

spydermex Member

All of threads have so many problems, and almost every solution is to trade sombody. Do you all think we can keep the team for at least a season or two to see how the team matures.

4. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

After 5 years, Steve still struggles with 1 simple thing - feed the hot hand.

5. amed

amed Contributing Member

TRADE YAO NOW. HE HAS TRADE VALUE NOW AND ITS DECREASING AS I AM TYPING THIS POST. TRADE YAO FOR BRAND AND MAGGETTEE AND THEN THROW IN MOOCH, AMECHIE OR WHO EVER TO MAKE THE SALARIES MATCH. YAO IS THE SOFTEST BIG MAN IN THE NBA AND IT IS EMBARRASSING THAT PEOPLE LIKE MOOCH, AND PIKE ARE OUT REBOUNDING HIM. CATO IS OUR ONLY BIG MAN AND HE WILL SOON DOMINATE LIKE WE ONCE THOUGHT YAO WOULD. YAO IS A JOKE AND HE DOESN'T GIVE A DAMN ABOUT THE ROCKETS ALL HE CARES ABOUT IS SAVING HIS ENERGY FOR THE STUPID CHINA BASKETBALL. TRADE YAO, TRADE YAO , TRADE YAO

6. ragingFire

ragingFire Contributing Member

How stupid is it to say Yao is worthless and then suggest to trade Yao for their 2 best players Brand and Maggette ?!!! ;)

7. DreamFranchise1

Raging Fire may have a really fruity screename, but he's right. Brand and Maggette are both great players and yao isn't considered great yet. There is no way in hell the clipps would do this. Brand is the best offensive rebounder in the game and Maggette is a the shawn marion type that coaches drool over. We need a solid pf to go along with yao! I realize francis is having some problems but he will get it together by the playoffs. We need to deal MOBLEY and Mo for Sweetney or David West. I know these guys are like 12 years old, but they are both big and have the character and drive to be great. If not, we need a McDyess type.

8. jkckwong

jkckwong Member

Whenever I see SF dribbles and dribbles, jacks up bricks, blames ref not giving fouls, I know another loss of the Rox is coming ..... and it's time to turn off the TV. This situation is just too familiar.........

9. danjojo

danjojo Member

At least he is in with the game on the line.

Yao is just sitting on the bench or thinking "someone else, someone else"

10. room4rentsf

room4rentsf Contributing Member

I hate to trade Cat since he is playing so well.. but I think if SF was in Cats place he would be doing better, I would love to see Cat for Bobby Jackson.

PG - Bobby Jackson
    SG - SF3
    SF - JJackson
    PF - Cato
    C - Yao

I dont know what BJackson's contract is like.. but wouldnt he like to start?

I think Cat is playing well only because hes in his natural position.. I think SG is Steve's natural position too, but he plays PG because Cat doesnt pass the ball.

J

11. mztay1

mztay1 Member

Blaming Moochie is just plain bullshyt. Period. The dude only plays about 8-12 minutes per game and has not been bad, either. I mean, dayum..what do you want? I'm sorry but try something else because blaming Moochie for not doing spectacular things in the FEW minutes he's out there just so our Turnover King needs a breather..is NOT the answer. NOR THE PROBLEM....:rolleyes: