1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who's your favorite (non-Rocket) team/player?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by tierre_brown, Dec 17, 2003.

1. annthuyn

annthuyn Member

the kings were my favorite team
    bibby and christie were my favorite players from the kings, but after going to a preseason game , it's just whatever now. they're so not fanfriendly!

2. HOHUM

HOHUM Member

You must've had an off day then.

Kings are the most fan friendly you could even imagine. They are the only team that has autograph row before the games. They make appearances continously through the sacramento region.

If you bump into them outside of ARCO they are always ready to give an autograph.

I've had numerous run ins w/them. And they are an extremely personable bunch(except for Massenburg have no clue about him yet)

Peja and Christie are my faves and Peja is the most laid back, open friendly player there, besides being the hottest.

Christie is wonderful w/kids

3. annthuyn

annthuyn Member

i went to the game on oct 16th at sat near the kings' entrance and before the players came out from under the thingie, they were in a lil group having a lil peptalk. I was waving and wsa like "MIKE!!!!!!!! MIKE!!!!!!" he turned to look at me and was like :rolleyes: *waves back weirdly* and my friend said doug looked down so i didn't see him or something when he walked out on the courts. i'm not sure if she was just saying that to annoy me, but that just rubbed me the wrong way. i asked for an autograph when they were coming out, but they just ignored me :(

4. annthuyn

annthuyn Member

and*******

5. HOHUM

HOHUM Member

Were they going for warm ups?? if that's the case then I would expect they would ignore anyone. They need to be focused on the game ahead.

You need to get their early and get in autograph row.

That's where they give autographs if they are out warming up. Gerald Wallace is VERY good about it.

You have to time it
    I've also heard that if you hang around after the game a few of them come out. I don't know about that because as soon as the game is done I'm out of there.

6. ron

ron Member

Paul Pierce! He's damn smooth. Also like KG and Drew Gooden.

My favorite teams are Denver and Washington. Washington got so many cool players and I really like Jarvis Hayes, who I think will become very good...

7. OrangeCountyCA

KG and the Wolves...
    How can you not like KG?
    He is the PERFECT basketball player and a Perfect citizen of-the-court. And he plays for a small town team that doesn't get too much publicity.
    KG for MVP!!!!

8. HOHUM

HOHUM Member

I love KG too but how in the hell can you say he plays for a small town team. They are in Minneapolis. Pretty dang large there.

9. Bailey

Bailey Veteran Member

Peja, I just love my shooters.

Saw him play live last Saturday, and I was very impressed. He's going to be a good player.

10. montelwilliams

Kirk Hinrich, Chris Bosh, Andrei Kirilenko. I would like Peja but he does too many chest bumps with his teammates. It looks silly.

11. montelwilliams

My favorite coach is Jeff Bzdelik of Denver. I saw that behind-the-scenes show with him on ESPN2. It was funny seeing him say, "That's bullcrap," over and over.

12. HOHUM

HOHUM Member

He can do the chest bump w/me ;o)

And I'm sure quite a few 1000 other women would stand in line w/me for that

13. x_trepidation_x

Why I like these None Rocket Player

** All these players have at least 1 thing in common...they are not selfish players...**

KG's - plays with heart and emotion. There is the reason why they call him the big ticket.
    Duncan - humble and unassuming
    Ray Allen - Smooth shooter
    Predrag Stojakovic - smooth shooter
    Emanuel Ginobili - plays with heart and never gives up

14. RocketsFAN3035

fav team: Philly, it's close by to me ( I live about an hour from there). 1st pro game I ever went to was JVG's 1st game as interum coach of the NYKs in Philly. My older bro (who took me) is a huge Knicks fan who was estatic that Nelle got fired and he loved JVG so it was cool to him. Philly won the game, ended up drafting some guy named Iverson, and, in my opinion, was really the only team to ever contend the Lakers in the Finals. I'd watch old clips of 76ers/LA over San An/NJ live any day. AI has so much heart and just feeds off the crowd, you have to watch him in person. Also adding to my history of the 76ers, I went to the only time they played Houston in Philly last year (which our Rockets won). It was a great day, because that same day, I was at the Final Home Opener at Veteren's Stadium for the Phillies (who ofcourse lost). It was the best sports day I've ever had. Anyway, they are just kind of the local team for me, and I root for them, as long as the don't play Houston. Besides that, they have one of my favorite guys in Kenny, who we got robbed by trading (James Posey worked out didn't he??).

My favorite player is Steve Franchise's best friend: Elton Brand. I'm a Duke fan to start, and he's the only good Duke player to ever be in the NBA. How do you not love a 20-10 guy. Plus doesn't it say something when it's the first guy the Clips ever gave money too? He is something special, and I wish there was some way to get him on our team to run with Steve, Cat, and Yao, but I'm realistic and know it's not gonna happen.

15. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Player: Duncan, Finley, Kirilenko

Teams: Kings, Spurs, Mavericks

16. UTweezer

UTweezer Contributing Member

17. allan

allan Member

players i like to watch dirk, nash, peja, bibby

teams I like to watch Dallas and the Kings, although I hate Chris Webber seems like he is hurt more often than not and he is always on commercials talking about how bad azz he is. Stop crying and get out there and play there, my nickname for him is Chris Weeper.

18. hooroo

hooroo Member

seriously karl malone

19. UTweezer

UTweezer Contributing Member

did you see that Jimmy Kimmel Live w/ Karl on as co-host?

haha next to the Tyson show, this one was as funny...

20. rm365

rm365 Contributing Member

Penny Hardaway was just awesome back in the day. The way he played was so graceful and effortless, it was like watching a ballet. He had a season where he hit like 20 buzzer beaters, scored over 20 ppg, shot over 500, and got over 5 assists and rebounds per game.
    These days, I dunno... maybe Stephon Marbury or Kobe just cuz they're exciting to watch and so skilled.