1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trade Idea- Rox and Cleveland

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by hikanoo49, Dec 19, 2003.

1. HeyDude

HeyDude Contributing Member

Sane, I was referring to the original poster of the thread w/ 740 posts.....as for u w/ 4500 posts, i just thought u should've stayed away from even mentioning Yao in a trade......one that doesnt involve KG or Duncan of course :D

2. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

The thread starter obviously wants this trade for Yao's sake, not the Rockets.

3. DreamFranchise1

So basically, they are both losers?

Trade francis for Tmac and beef up yao and show him that he has a pair of nuts. That whole pink cartoon suggests not only that yao is soft as could be, but also downright creepy. This is a 23 year old man we are talking about.

4. room4rentsf

room4rentsf Contributing Member

what pink cartoon?!?!

J

5. reptilexcq

reptilexcq Member

How about Francis for Bobby Hurley + some burritos.

6. mztay1

mztay1 Member

Until we our knuckleheads understand that this is a "big man's game" and that you have to feed the post--there will actually be people who believe Yao is not improving. The last time the Rox had a VERY good winning streak was was the last year of Dream's stint here in Houston. Alot of people were quite pizzed at Dream for DEFYING Rudy and becoming vocal by stating that very obvious fact. I don't blame Yao for not coming in here and demanding the ball from Steve and Cuttino. Yao is letting Steve show his true colors..he's selfish and not really NOT all that. The one thing I don't like is that JVG is as stubborn as Steve..and soemthing WILL have to give.

BTW..the trade idea stinks. But thanks for trying!:D

7. hikanoo49

hikanoo49 Member

Not necessarily true.

It is clear that the Rox are a "small ball" type team. They either do not wish to pound it inside or do not know how to. Either way, it is clear that they are not utilizing Yao (avging 6 shots in past 10 games! 4 shots tonight!). Thus, if they do not use him, might as well trade him to improve the team in other areas.

Right now, the Rox have a ton of bad contracts (Mo Tay, Moochie, Cato, arguably Francis). The trade I proposed allows us to package a bad contract (Cato) with Yao for a soon expiring contract in Ilgauskas. I am sure that Ilgauskas can adequately fill in for Yaos 4 shot attempts per game.

Also, many on this board love potential and seek entertainment value. Miles is still young and can be the same type of project as our Great Eddie Griffin without the drug and assault problems.

Thus, in the short term, the Rox will not miss Yao. Z can fill in for Yaos 6 shots per game. In the long term, the Rox will create a ton of cap room (great for Le$) and it was uncertain anyways if Yao was going to stay in Houston so this trade reduces that risk.

8. kellume

kellume Member

Are you a Cleveland Fan?? This trade does not address our problems.

9. shawn786

shawn786 Member

SF John Amaechi (9.7 ppg, 4.6 rpg, 2.6 apg in 26.4 minutes) C Kelvin Cato (5.7 ppg, 8.1 rpg, 0.8 apg in 28.2 minutes)
    C Yao Ming (16.1 ppg, 9.5 rpg, 1.8 apg in 34.5 minutes)
    Change in team outlook: -3.4 ppg, +5.6 rpg, and -1.6 apg.

Houston trades: [/B][/QUOTE] SF John Amaechi (9.7 ppg, 4.6 rpg, 2.6 apg in 26.4 minutes) C Kelvin Cato (5.7 ppg, 8.1 rpg, 0.8 apg in 28.2 minutes)
    C Yao Ming (16.1 ppg, 9.5 rpg, 1.8 apg in 34.5 minutes)
    Houston receives: C Zydrunas Illgauskas (15.5 ppg, 7.4 rpg, 1.6 apg in 25 games)
    SF Darius Miles (9.7 ppg, 4.6 rpg, 2.6 apg in 25 games)
    Change in team outlook: +3.4 ppg, -5.6 rpg, and +1.6 apg.

TRADE ACCEPTED[/B]

Sience when is Amaechi a SF? Last time i remember he was a Center that averaged ZERO points becuase he dosnt play, where did you get thoughs stats