1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Titans at Texans

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by ima_drummer2k, Dec 16, 2003.

1. Lil Francis

Lil Francis Member

I wanted to throw up after today's game and to top it off they said the Cowboys clinched a playoff spot. Charles Woodson and a dominating defensive tackle should be on top of Casserly's list.

2. mrpaige

mrpaige Contributing Member

Well, they were competitive and obviously could've won the game. The defense really has been a liability this year. Injuries play a part, of course. But it feels good that the Texans were in it until the end.

Now in a year or two, it's not going to be comforting to just be in it at the end. But for now, it doesn't sting quite as bad as it could.

3. codell

codell Contributing Member

Heartbreaking loss but it was a hell of a game.

I actually got free tickets to the game sitting in the north end zone about halfway up the lower level. Very close up of view of the game winning score by Bennett.

I must say that the atmosphere at Reliant Stadium is unbelievable. Quit frankly, I dont remember much about Oiler games in the dome, but I do know that today was a far superior experience. Stadium was rocking and boy was it loud!!! ANd its even more beautiful in person. The TV does not do Reliant Stadium justice.

We also tailgated for the first time in our lives. What a blast. Seems like the lots were already full when we got there at 9am. Nothing beats the smell of BBQ and drinking a beer at 10am on a Sunday morning. :D

4. drapg

drapg Member

What a fantastic day and a fantastic game!

Unfortunately, I could have worn my Titans jersey to the game, if I had gotten the message about 2 free tickets from my friend before the game had started.

God, cheering on the Titans in person would have been sweet. Especially given the way the game ended.

5. Preston27

Preston27 Contributing Member

That game reminded me of TT-UT earlier this year. Now you know how us Red Raider fans feel.

6. Fatty FatBastard

I can say this... I was extremely upset about todays game. Words will not do it justice, but suffice it to say, my friends always call me after a loss to see my reaction.

That said, Next week will be the first (and probably only) time I root against the Texans.

I hate the Titans that much.

7. Lil Francis

Lil Francis Member

Atleast you have postseason play. All we have to look forward to is the draft way in April.

8. mrdave543

mrdave543 Contributing Member

got positives and negatives....im in hawaii now and wasnt able to see or go to todays game so i was very upset about that. i even tried switching my ticket to meet my family a day late so i could watch my titans and texans play. im so proud of the texans for putting up a valiant effort against the titans, and on other hand so happy titans were able to pull the win off. maybe next year texans can give titans a real run for the division!!! go texans and go titans!!

9. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Good game, and glad it turned out the way it did.

Next week, I want the Texans to win though.

:)

DD

10. IROC it

IROC it Contributing Member

Wow. Carr Starts, defense stalls.

Nice.:rolleyes:

Tough loss for an offense to have to sit and watch.

It really does remind you of the old 'lers back in the 7 years of almost here's.

Hopefully the draft brings us some defense.;)

11. Cato=Bum

Cato=Bum Member

-Yeah, the Colts are so much better than Tennessee that they eeked out a 2 pt win despite getting 4 gift fumbles on special teams miscues.

-Wait till the Colts win a freakin playoff game before you deify them. They haven't won a single playoff game in the Manning era.

-Your "MVP" Manning is the David Robinson of the NFL: A total loser in big games.

12. Cato=Bum

Cato=Bum Member

Mcnair is a better QB than Manning and has had a better yr than him when you look at the situations. Manning has an MVP candidate to throw to in Marvin Harrison; he has a much better OL than Mcnair and Edge right now is 5X the RB that washed up George is. He has a better supporting cast than Steve yet Steve actually has the better QB rating, which is the major stat when it comes to QB play.

Let's keep in mind the Titans have the 31st ranked YPC running game in the NFL. They are in 2nd and long and 3rd and long all the time yet Mcnair is uncanny at converting in key situations. He is by far the NFL's highest rated QB on 3rd down. Even with the Titans putrid running game, they had a streak of 7 straight games with 30 plus points this year, which tells you what kind of amazing QB Mcnair is.

I do not think Manning would be nearly as successful as QB of the Titans having to handoff to George and being in 3rd and long all game whereas Mcnair would be even more deadly with an OL that could keep him from getting clobbered every game and a WR like Harrison to work with.

13. PhiSlammaJamma

Some McNair stats:

128.2 - QB rating in last 2 minutes
    117.7 - QB rating on third down
    109.6 - QB rating when behind

14. PhiSlammaJamma

Manning stats:

109.0 - QB rating in last 2 minutes
    83.3 - QB rating on third down
    94.6 - QB rating when behind

Both are great qb's, but thought you might find these stats somewhat revealing.

15. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

It was a hell of a game. texans just don't have the experience or depth to be able to finish off games like that against good teams. At this same point next year, I do believe that the Texans will be fighting for a playoff spot. They just need a few pieces (o-line, a secondary that can tackle, and a good pass rusher) and some more depth.

I'm definetly looking foward to my first live game next week against Indy.

GO TEXANS!

16. Dream34

Dream34 Contributing Member

The Texans have played some good ball this year... I really feel they should have beaten the Patriots at home (but that could be said for alot of other teams as well this year). The Texans have put together a very good football team in 2 years. What a beautiful stadium. It seems like every seat would be a good seat!!!!

You guys also played the Colts tough at the RCA dome earlier this year. Don't give up on your team. I hope the Texans can find some corners to play next week. Peyton will be looking to air it out next week.

Please oh please find a way to beat the Colts this year.... It was so nice watching the Colts get smacked around last night by the Broncos.. The SI Curse worked once again. Any way Peyton could make the cover this week??? :D

A win by the Texans next week plus a Titans win would be such a sweet holiday gift!!!!

17. Dream34

Dream34 Contributing Member

Cato= Bum

I could not agree with you more about the Colts. I think they are overrated.. I would love to face them in the playoffs. We gift wrapped their last win at Tennessee. As long as we have our man McNair for the playoffs (and don't turn the ball over 4 times) we can go as far as he will take us...

PhiSlammaJamma - Great stats!!! McNair is the man in crunch time. He has that certain "air" around him. He does not flinch but rather seems to play even better when everthing is stacked against him. That's what makes the last Indy loss that much more harder to swallow. Can you imagine what McNair would have done with 50 seconds on his own 40 yard line trailing by only 2. I can almost see that game winning field goal. Oh well. That is said and done... We need to focus on Tampa and beat the Bucs at home next week.

18. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Well, I've had some time to recover and put this loss in perspective. I'm still depressed, but we DID play with one of the better teams in our conference all day long. And we did it without:

Aaron Glenn (pro bowler)
    Gary Walker (pro bowler)
    Seth Payne (would have been a pro bowler)

Also we had our 3rd string CB (Faggins) playing on that last drive. Oh, by the way, this team didn't even exist 2 years ago. Amazing how far we've come.

We're going to have a high first rounder, probably 2 second rounders (Henson), Joppru will be coming back, and we are positioned under the salary cap so we can probably make some noise on the FA market this summer.

Look for the playoffs next year.

19. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

That was my first Texans game also, pretty sweet for a first game even though the first half took a long a$$ time and there was hardly any scoring.

I'll root for the Titans as long they have some players on the team who played when they were in Houston. Looking at the old Astrodome walking to the new stadium makes me sympathize with Bud Adams. He went about it the wrong way, but he was right. His leaving also brought us 3 new arenas, and a Superbowl.

20. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

What a heart breaking loss...I know we're almost there...

I expect next year all the close games, we'll be winning them...

DDavis is awesome and so is Carr and AJ...

Go Texans...

Texans have a chance to beat Indy...