1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Yao has fooled everyone

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by danjojo, Dec 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. danjojo

danjojo Member

Man don't even write if you're as trustworthy as tranmerica.
    Yao is at 16 points per game, 9.5 in rebounds and going down fast. Francis and Mobley each outrebounded him again yesterday !

2. Bobliu

Bobliu Member

Cannot you all see that danjojo is the best poster here? You all should learn from dan. The Rox need a lot of more fans like dan. Heck, why don't you all become dan?

Please let danjojo be the god of the Rox fans. ...

3. yaoII

yaoII Member

And Steve didn't fool anyone??????word.

4. mychatoes

mychatoes New Member

Dan's right, no doubt!

let's trade yao now when he's still considered the thrid (or second, whatever) best center in the league!:rolleyes:

5. oniichan

oniichan Member

no he's not
    trade yao?... thats stupid

6. prospeed

prospeed Contributing Member

Yao is still the second best center in the league behind shaq. I really doubt anyone can argue that. He has been having a hard time lately and i believe he will work through it. He needs to play his game not shaqs game or anyone elses game. He needs to mix it up inside. Face up like the way hakeem used to do it. That will prevent alot of the double teams that he gets. He will also save energy from not trying to get position everytime. We have something great in this center. He has size to work the middle and range to hit the jumper. Something that shaq will never have. All in all ive been really disappointed with yao lately. He was on his way to getting 20points and 10 rebounds a night.

7. Donatello

Donatello Member

What an observation :eek:

8. shaggylambda

shaggylambda Member

hmmm...I'm not comparing Yao's career v.s Hakeem's, but didn't Hakeem come from half way across the planet, didn't Hakeem take ten years to lead the Rockets to the promise land?...

9. uac

uac Contributing Member

you been here for a while, I guess ISO is more watchable.
    who care where are they going...........

10. Lemarc

Lemarc Member

It's not Mr. Ming's fought that he is being teached my some chumps...We dont care about Larry Smith and Patrick Ewing...Get Moses Malone and Hakeem Olajuwon in the Toyota Center stat.

11. Juugie

Juugie Member

hmmm...I'm not comparing Yao's career v.s Hakeem's, but didn't Hakeem come from half way across the planet, didn't Hakeem take ten years to lead the Rockets to the promise land?...
    [/QUOTE]

Hakeem led the Rockets to the finals in his second year.

12. d man

d man Member

..yao is a good player, steve is a great athlete, cat is an excellent scorer, we have no real three ... jim and pike are 2's, cato forgets what he's good at and mo t is an avg scoring 4 without much else. there is no leader on the floor, it's not yao ... steve isn't developing into what I thought he could and there seems to be no unity or cohesiveness on the court. but yao would still be a number 1 pick, 2 best center right now. steve would still be a high pick, just to good of an athlete. mobley is was a steal and is better than we could of hoped for.

13. triplet

triplet Contributing Member

To some extent, I agree with this one.

14. rhester

rhester Contributing Member

Reactions because Yao has not played well ... but is this a future inticator of performance?

I do not know and no one else does... so let's evaluate this differently-

1. Yao has not shown improvement in his intensity especially rebounding.
    2. He has not shown good hands and has too many TO's
    3. He has not been as on target with his shot.
    4. His conditioning is only slightly better if at all.
    5. He is not getting as many dunks and lay ups.
    6. He is making mistakes on his on court decisions.
    7. He is not as aggresive blocking shots.
    8. His hook shot has been terrible.
    9. The spectacular passes of last year are gone.

Now what has he shown-

1. He is getting better grasp of positioning and fighting off the fronting d.
    2. He can square up and make the 15 ft. jumper.
    3. He is able to play more minutes, but with less effectiveness.
    4. His free throw shooting is good.
    5. He should get more calls, he gets fouled alot.
    6. He has good skills but he looks out of synch still.
    7. He does not get good elevation but he is able to get his shot off.

Now what if he improves in these ways-

1. Uses the jump shot more and doesn't use the hook as much. He can't seem to get the hook shot to fall and if he can adjust no one still can't block his straight up jump shot.
    2. Reduce his minutes and get him to be more physical defensively- Go for blocks and don't worry about the fouls.
    3. Have him work on some rebounding/ boxing out. If he becomes a good rebounder it will help his game in a big way.
    4. Have him return to the spin move on the baseline.
    5. Stay with him a little longer as the first option as he gets his % up some.
    6. Sit him down and convince him to get that fire back in his bones.

He amy be a Rick Smits but I'll take a center that can give 17 / 10

And lastly tell him to start making those no look passes we loved to watch last year.

He is struggling but if JVG is any kind of coach he will have him playing better by the playoffs.

I just hope we are in them.

15. michecon

michecon Contributing Member

So he's fooled everyone. Good job I say.

16. Aemon

Aemon Contributing Member

:) Yup, what a job of fooling us all. He' good, real good.

17. never

never Member

You guys are such an Ixixt especially dada. :) If you wish to trade yao, tell me who is gonna be your best option? plz Don't give me a stupid answer. you have to admit that eventho Yao is not a supa great great player, he is still one of the best players in this team. So plz shut your ass and don't give us some **** like this.

18. busta_cap

busta_cap Contributing Member

Lets see, tonight against the Clippers, Yao had 21 pts on 9/13 shooting (that's 69%), 10 rebounds, 4 assists and 5 blocks in 37 minutes of play.

That sure sounds like a fraud to me (he say, voice dripping with sarcasm).

19. bigboymumu

bigboymumu Member

Total imposter if you ask me.

20. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Out of curiosity, danjojo, what do you consider a bad game for Yao Ming? Less than 10 points? Less than 7 rebounds? Some other number? You say he has had more bad games than good. Seems to me that if that were the case then his averages would lean more towards bad than good, but that really isn't the case. I would be willing to bet that once you flesh out your idea of a bad game versus good, you will realize he isn't having that many bad games, just not very many dominant games like we hope. But slow and steady wins the race and I would be perfectly happy if Yao continued to average around 17 and 10 for the rest of the season. It is still a very acceptable improvement from last season.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.