1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who do you want us to face in the first round?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by YallMean, Mar 25, 2018.

?

First Round Choice

1. Nuggets

86 vote(s)
    36.1%
  2. Jazz

19 vote(s)
    8.0%
  3. Pelicans

40 vote(s)
    16.8%
  4. Twolves

62 vote(s)
    26.1%
  5. Spurs

31 vote(s)
    13.0%
  1. riko

riko Member

Nuggets. Realistically I think it will be Utah

2. HAYJON02

HAYJON02 Contributing Member

The weirdest thing about living in Austin is all the students I have who prefer the Thunder and Warriors over the Rockets. The Spurs, I understand. They're half the distance away and have been winning championships, which raises self esteem. The Warriors and Thunder, though? Those fans are wicked salty, and I don't even talk trash. It's like I'm abusing some kind of Rockets privilege or something that I didn't know I had.

3. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

how its realistic when utah might be arguably the best among those teams fighting for PO...they would be 3rd seed if gobert wasnt injured

4. mightybosstone

I would have picked Denver, but I think it's becoming more and more likely that they're outside the postseason. My money is on Houston facing Minnesota, which is totally fine with me. That team can get hot offensively, but they're young, unproven and have no clue whatsoever how to defend. The Rockets should sweep them or, at worst, take them out in five.

bilaal14 likes this.
  5. DarkHorse

DarkHorse Contributing Member

I want the Spurs, and I want the Warriors to play Utah. :)

bilaal14 likes this.
  6. CDrex

CDrex Contributing Member

I want the Nuggets. Don't think it's going to happen.

Beyond that, I'd go Wolves, Clippers, Pelicans.

I want no part of the Spurs and Jazz although it might help the team morale to avenge last year's loss to the Spurs.

7. Vivi

Vivi Member

Seems like there's a good chance it's gonna be one team between Clippers, Pelicans or Wolves which would be fine for me, i think these would be the easiest matchups possible, i'd say in that order too.

8. romain

romain Member

Clippers.

9. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

I don't care as long as Utah and Portland are in GSW side of the bracket ..... Rockets are better than any team they will face for the rest of this season / post season.

bilaal14 likes this.
  10. Swiss Roll

Swiss Roll Member

You need to check your accomplishments and skill privilege

11. finsraider

finsraider Member

All of the teams we could play in the 1st round have the ability to steal a game against us at their place. The question I would ask myself is who could steal 2....avoid those.

Who could steal 2? Thunder, Spurs and Timberwolves.

My preference would be the Pelicans, Jazz, Clippers or Nuggets. Preferably not the Pelicans, as they always seem to give us trouble.

12. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I don't want the Clippers. We'd win in 4 or 5 games don't get me wrong. I just don't want the emotional baggage that series would bring. This team has better things to worry about.

13. dkim1984

dkim1984 Member

I voted for the Nuglets just because Clint seems to play well against Jock-itch, Mitchell isn't mature enough to shoulder the team alone, and Rubio always gets his ankle broke by Harden.

14. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Order of preference:

Nuggets
    Pelicans
    Wolves (I assume Butler is back)
    Spurs
    j*zz

15. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

With the Spurs losing the last two games against the Bucks and Wizards and now with games coming up with Thunder and Rockets and a sore Knee LMA....I wonder where they will end up. I don't see the Clippers or Nuggets getting in. I am not keen on playing the Spurs in the "1st round." But these losses are pushing them there. We'll see.

16. Samiam1234

Samiam1234 Member

need spurs to beat OKC.. need spurs to rise into 4th and 5th seed and OKC to fall to 6th or 7th.. need OKC to face warriors in first or second round and want spurs or pelicans in round 2 and want timberwolves or clipper in round 1.

17. Samiam1234

Samiam1234 Member

good jobs spurs, now if only thesy loose to nuggets, pels, warriors they rockets and we got them.

18. Samiam1234

Samiam1234 Member

sunday game with pels vs thunder will be off the hook.. I have a feeling both teams will lose tomorrow... If Pels win and OKC lose, they may be a virtual lock for 6th or 7th seed, maybe even 8th seed, although I don't want them that low.

19. Samiam1234

Samiam1234 Member

I like how rox play a very influential game 80 against OKC.. if OKC has been beaten plenty of games and are at the risk of getting 8th seed, I think the rox play Joe Cheeze for 45 minutes, and let the outcome be what it has to be.. If OKC seems to be climbing back into the fifth spot beat the crap out of them and try to put them back in the 6th to 7th seed.. I really want to see and OKC vs Warriors series.. I really feel westbrook has bad blood to settle and he has this mentality that if I can't win I won't let you win either.. he may end up just beating and bruising the warriors enough where we can finish them off.. He also has been beaten up by ZaZa twice; he definitely has a score to settle. Let us grant him his wish and let him go at the warriors.. I have a feeling if OKC gets us in the first of second round, Brewer will try to do something dirty.. the teams I want rox to face is wolves, clipper, spurs or pelicans in round 1 and 2... Warriors can have Jazz, blazer or thunder

20. OKCRocket

OKCRocket Member

Just curious on everyone's thoughts: If OKC were in this poll, which (if any) teams would you rather play then them?