1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would you trade Harden for Westbrook now? Part II

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bleedroxred79, Mar 26, 2018.

?

Would you trade Harden for Westbrook now?

1. Yes

12 vote(s)
    5.0%
  2. No

227 vote(s)
    95.0%
  1. bleedroxred79

bleedroxred79 Member

Almost a year ago, I started this thread because I was very disappointed in Harden's collapse vs the Spurs. Don't get it twisted, Harden has much to prove BUT dude is ballin and on the cusp of winning his first MVP. How does everyone feel now? Time will tell...

don grahamleone likes this.
  2. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I voted no but even during that epic collapse I wouldn't have traded him for Westbrook. James Harden is a better player. Now, if you asked me if I'd have traded him for Giannis or Anthony Davis the day after that meltdown you might have gotten a different answer out of me. But I don't like Westbrook. I don't like his style. And I don't think he'll ever play on a real threat to win a championship again.

3. gotsis

gotsis Member

No.

Stormy1234 likes this.
  4. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Aside from the season caused by the Kardashian curse when hasn't James been ballin or in MVP conversations?

5. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Harden for Steven Adams or Paul George

Getterdun Murray

6. Reeko

Reeko Member

[​IMG]

U really asked this question? The answer is and will always be hell no. How could u ever want to trade Harden for Westbrook?

7. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

I would only trade Harden’s heart and killer instinct for Westbrook’s heart and killer instinct.

8. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

Of course in a heartbeat.

I kid
    Hell Nah, unless I was Skip Bayles or Michelle Beadle. Or if I worked in Espn or TNT. :p

9. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

10. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

Are you talking about the killer instinct where he shot himself and OKC into a first round loss against Harden and the Rockets? THAT killer instinct??

11. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Should have bumped that thread

Rocket River

iconoclastic and Houstunna like this.
  12. TracywtFacy

TracywtFacy Member

I voted yes... Dumb thread deserves dumb vote.

13. photojoe

photojoe Member

This is ridiculous.

People think that because Westbrook plays fast that he has a killer instinct?

Playing "angry" and out of control is not a killer instinct. Jacking up bad shots is not a killer instinct. Not making your other teammates better is not a killer instinct. Don't get it twisted.

As for OP, the answer was and always will be a big "hell no". Why even bring it up? It is so far out of the question it is not even worth asking.

14. lionaire

lionaire Member

Hell no.

Anyways, excited for part III.

15. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Poll is useless if it isn't public.

16. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

But by heart and killer instinct you mean his mind, So you would switch their brains. That would come with does knucklehead decision.

They both who they are, yea Russ plays with passion but that’s sometimes comes carelessness and bad decision.
    Harden is slower paced and seems like he is sleepy at times.
    Because Of this I think Harden makes better decision more times than Russ. Maybe is like the Hare and the tortoise analogy.

Patience likes this.
  17. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

18. James.B.H

James.B.H Member

I never buy the idea of Kardashian curse, Harden's ankle was injured that off-season, so he wasn't really in game shape when the season starts. Despite that, after 3 really bad games, he average 38.5+5.5+5.5, leading us to a 4 game winning streak and won the player of the week in the second week of the season. He averaged 31.1 + 6.5 + 6.8 in November, in the games we won, he average 40 + 7 + 7, pretty much carried the team single-handedly. It's just Dwight didn't want to play pick&roll, and it was his contract season, so we had locker room issue the entire season; Ty Lawson can no longer play after drinking too much; and our coach was JBB.

Harden had a solid season, his defense was not as bad as advertised, his offense was brilliant, and carried a broken team single handedly into the playoffs. If Westbrook did the same thing, he probably would be named to the second team all nba, but Harden didn't even make the 3rd team.(In 2014-15, Thunder missed playoffs, RW's stats was comparable to 2016 Harden's, he played 15 less games than 16 Harden, and ended up 4th in MVP voting and in a normal year that would mean 1st team all NBA, but since Curry and Harden was 1st and 2nd in MVP voting, RW ended up with 2nd team all nba)

noxiousdog and HakeemOnlyFan like this.
  19. da_juice

da_juice Member

Still wild to me that we got Harden instead of Westbrook. It very easily could have been WB they traded to afford Harden

20. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Would Corey Brewer be included?