1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Cavaliers 12/17/2003

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 17, 2003.

1. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

It did work. I even turned it on about 3 minutes before the game and had no problems. The only thing was the delay. I was checking out the stats on Yahoo as the game went on and realized that Yahoo was about 5 minutes ahead of the radio.

Other than that, it worked well.

2. ricerocket

ricerocket Member

Stop thinking Steve....

9 assists - 1 TO - 4 FT down the stretch - 3pt. during the comeback

Stop it!

:D

3. Blatz

Blatz Contributing Member

Good, I'm glad it worked.

Thanks

Yea, I've noticed with some of the audio links it doesn't matter when you turn it on. I have only had a few links where you had to start it 30 minutes prior to the game. I can't remember which links they are now, (I knew I should have marked them when I found out.) so I just put that note with every link I post.

4. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

A comeback should not have been necessary against the worst team in the NBA.

5. ricerocket

ricerocket Member

Unfortunately it was....

Thank god they did comeback or there probably would be riots, burning and looting right now on this board.... :eek:

bad part was they struggled against an already iffy team with three players that hadn't played for them before. So much for the argument we have it takes a while to get used to the new system....

6. Buck88

Buck88 Contributing Member

Yeah, JVG finally realizes he sucks!

7. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Is that why they had 23 assists?

8. ricerocket

ricerocket Member

SF - 9 assts
    Cat - 6 assts
    JJ - 6 assts

JJ 1-8 3pt
    pike 2-4 3pt

If they are going to leave someone open with Steve, Cat, Yao and MoT in the game it looks like JJ. Maybe Pike should get a few more of those 37 JJ minutes? Instead of just 17 min.

Let's start SF, Cat, Pike, Yao and MoT

9. farhan007

farhan007 Member

which francis never did in his life, and people who say francis plays for stats are just finding ANY MEANS neccesary to bash him...

10. farhan007

farhan007 Member

i think its for the increadible bashing of players.. How many senior members are left posting on this damn board???

11. farhan007

farhan007 Member

becasue that would be complemting him... which is a crime, punishment: being flamed...

12. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

not many of us, thats for sure.

if silentfan wants to know why most of the posters who have been here since 99 thru 2001 dont come to this thread...see pages 2-6...

hell, I dont know why I bothered to post this...:(

13. Woofer

Woofer Contributing Member

Ironic quote because it brings to mind Steve Francis.

"I never saw him play one possession of high school summer league or anything," Van Gundy said. "But I love his demeanor, and I love the way he plays the game. He plays with no frustration. If he's open, he shoots. If he's guarded, he passes. I know that seems rudimentary. The decision-making sets him apart. He just gets it. "

Jeff Van Gundy on LeBron James, who at 18 is better than Steve Francis may ever be as a playmaker.

http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory.mpl/sports/2304241

14. BrockStapper

BrockStapper Contributing Member

I didn't see the game...

Sure we should have done better, but looking at the box score I see good things...

I like it.

We are young. Moochie is gone. He shoulda' kept the hair.

Brock

15. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

You can't expect everyone on the team to shoot 50% in every game. No team in the league does that. Somehow, other point guards are still able to average 8-9 assists with regular shooting percentages. But you are right of course, Steve Francis is the best playmaker in the league and it is because of having crappy shooters like Piatkowski, Padgett, Mobley, Taylor, Yao, and Nachbar on the team that he averages less assists/48 than any starting PG in the league.

16. SLA

SLA Member

hehe...well Cato is a major problem on offense. But then Taylor is bad thing for our defense...we need Eddie. HE is like our only hope without making any trades. And I don't think we are gonna trade Francis or Yao or anyone at this point...unless it's like Kobe for Moochie. :/

17. prlen

prlen Member

Big Z said"yao is stronger and he could not guard him well one on one this year,he need other players's help."

18. ricerocket

ricerocket Member

I guess we are hopeless, he just got released... :eek:

Nice 3000 post though....

19. Mexican_Moose

Mexican_Moose Member

Its all good!

-Its all good!