1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Yao has fooled everyone

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by danjojo, Dec 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. max14

max14 Member

How old are you ?

2. Xenogears

Xenogears Member

He must be 5.

3. Izzy Target

Izzy Target New Member

Yao does not suck how many people guard Yao on every posession???????????? about half the defense even before he gets the ball so you expect him to score when he does not even have the ball?????? You Yao haters are the foolish ones for not seeing what is really going on!!!!!!!!! So if 2 or somtimes three guys guard Yao how many do the math 1 or 2 or 3 are open at any given time so yao makes it easier on the team. The rockets are in the top on all defensive catagories thanks to yao if you want to see a clog in the offense get Yao a power foward that can score not just defend and it is the gaurds responsibilty to get the ball to Yao in the right position and by the time they get the ball to Yaohe has 10 sec or less to operate. Yao is not aggresive I'll give you that but he belives that this is a team game somthing that you stress but now you talk bad about it. one more thought Yao does not get any calls from the ref... and till has good numbers he is eaisly in the top 3 centers in the NBA you are right that is somthing that should be traded away..

4. max14

max14 Member

I meant how OLD is he.

5. disney

disney Member

cancer!!??is he that bad?? ok,u tell me how many games we had lost and how many coaches had been fired since he were the cancer!

6. Miggidy Markell

Steve has had 44 points against the lakers... so what? Every dog has his day!

7. Miggidy Markell

Yao is definately not a cancer to this team, but he is not a dominant force in the paint like Hakeem was. We should look to change the offensive scheme to fit Yao into a role that he will be comfortable with... not trying to run everything through him! Stop that high pick and roll for gods sake! Start Yao screening off the ball for Cuttino and make mis-matches for Yao, he has got shooting range and I'm sure he can make 15 footers over 6'6 players without getting blocked...

8. meh

meh Contributing Member

Considering how much money we have tied to Moochie, Amechi, Taylor, and Cato, I can't believe you actually think Stevie and Yao will screw up our cap. Overpaying for talent will always be better than overpaying for mediocrity, or worse, end-of-the-bench players.

9. Miggidy Markell

It is definately not CD's fault.... this team should definately be able to score 90+ points a game with ease. The problem is, we are just not using our star players in the right way! Cuttino has played awesome this year, props to the guy! But Steve has been thrown off his game this year, he definately needs a new role in this offense because you don't score the way he did for 4 years and the suddenly drop in production this dramatic when he should be getting closer to his prime! JVG is an awesome coach, I love his fire and determination on defense... but how long is it going to take him to figure that this offense is simply not going to work...? :(

10. danjojo

danjojo Member

lately it's been one guy...always shorter and sometimes much lighter...

once teams started to see that Yao could not dominate he stopped being double teamed. however, when he puts the ball on the floor, the little guys come over to help, and often just steal the ball from him as they would with any other player trying to dribble it into the paint area...

11. danjojo

danjojo Member

He meant me, not you.

I am in my 30's Max14, which hopefully leaves the Rockets another 50 years or so to win a title...the way they're progressing i'm not sure it will happen...

12. trungvo

trungvo Member

Please just chill, the guy is only in his second year. If you are really a Rockets fan you can see the way Yao impacts the game. Don't be so harsh, a few years from now you might eat your words :).

13. ricerocket

ricerocket Member

I hope they are much shorter! :eek: ;)

14. DreamFranchise1

We need to trade francis for a domianant power forward who can be more of an inside presence to take the pressure off of yao. Yao has already proven that he can't do it alone, so we need a webber type to come in and help him out in the paint. At the same time we could use a T.J. Ford type true point guard and keep cat at the 2 spot. This would totally work because opposing defenses would have to double team either yao or the new pf leaving the other open. THere! Problem solved now get it done this season!

15. Juugie

Juugie Member

Unless that dominant PF is Dirk, the opposing defense could just zone up in the paint, take away the inside games of Yao and the stud PF and let the T.J. Ford type true point guard fire away.

Back to the drawing board.

16. ricerocket

ricerocket Member

I think we need to convice a couple guys like Malone and payton to play for us for the minimum so we can rob a championship. Oh crap, LA already did that.... ;)

17. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

Yao haters. This is just the first quarter of the season. To heck with all you whiners. I am still watching the ROX. Just not the halftime show.

18. chucknevitt

chucknevitt Member

I agree. Lets get rid of Yao. 17 and 10 is nothing in the NBA. Every center has those averages.

Please danjojo. These kind of comments do more harm to yourself than to Yao. It makes you look like a basketball fool.
    Did you know that Rik Smits averaged over 7 rebounds a game in just one season? You probably didn't know that because you have no idea what you are talking about.

Lets not forget that Yao has been playing basketball for 2 years without a break. I will still take his numbers anyday as he still the 3rd best center in the league.

19. Deuce Rings

Deuce Rings Contributing Member

If your point is that Yao has not lived up to the hype so far, I'm right there with you. But if your point is he is NEVER going to live up to the hype, I think that is unfair at this still very early stage of his NBA career. I was extremely critical of Yao when the Rockets got the #1 pick. After watching him play for a year and a half I see the potential in him to be one of the top 10 scorers and rebounders in the league. He's got the physical attributes, just lacks the aggressive attitude to go with them. With his footwork and height, the guy should be striving to develop a 5-foot jump hook out of the post that is pretty much there every possession. No one can guard that shot, he just needs to be more assertive and aggresive in establishing his post position. He can't look away from the guards when they're obviously trying to feed him on the pick and roll and he can't allow opposing defenders to push him away from the basket before the entry pass. Way, way, way too early to give up on Yao.

20. DreamFranchise1

Wow, it's as easy as simply playing zone in the paint and shutting down a good pf and a 7'6" center huh? Not sure which league you watch, but in the nba you can't just shut down two good big men. If that was the case then Malone and Shaq would be screwed. One of the two big men would be able to get close to the basket and if not, they can dish it out to mobley or jj to shoot it. That is how basketball is played buddy. Between the two big men and everyone else on the court, a shot would definately open up. Plus, you didn't even mention the defensive side of the ball. Increased rebounding and blocks. So basically, your argument is sh*%#. COme up with a better argument as to why that wouldn't work.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.