1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I have grown to HATE JOE JOHNSON

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rocketsdreamer, Feb 14, 2018.

1. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

The worst has happened!

This second half performance against a tanking team that literally had a lineup of scrubs out in the second half and Joe Johnson posting a midget has us DOOMED. Exactly the sort of forced pseudo validation we did not need.

It guarantees Joe Johnson 10-15 minutes per game from here on onwards regardless of how he performs.

Buckle your seat belts everyone!

[​IMG]

2. amaru

amaru Member

Johnson played well.

Good to see Harden acknowledge it. His struggles has obviously been bothering him.

hakeem94 and D-rock like this.
  3. Le$$

Le$$ Member

4. apollo33

apollo33 Member

I feel like we could have achieved the same thing with Beasley, a younger 3-4 who can post up smaller guards with a midrange.

hakeem94 and Jake Tower like this.
  5. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

More scoring, but Beasley is a black hole. JJ would have been great if he was younger. Let's hope he can give us some good minutes on a consistent basis, in short periods.

6. s3ts

s3ts Member

Honestly, I'd like to see Joe figure it out. It's better for the team for Joe Johnson to be an effective player for us.

7. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

It's mildly entertaining how dumb the chicken littles on this board are.

topfive, hakeem94, jevjnd and 3 others like this.
  8. mockster

mockster Member

I still have faith in JJ.

He’s the type of guy to score 30 out if no where

I hope he gets consistently better though

9. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I hope so. I don't know about scoring 30 out of no where though. He has only hit 20 points once so far, and usually scores under 10. I hope he does catch fire during the playoffs though, because we can use more hot 3 pt shooters off the bench.

10. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Worse than gossipy teenagers

11. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

People in this thread will tell me that +/- is an over rated stat, but there are ways to utilize it and come to a reasonable conclusion. If JJ is consistently a negative when the team is winning, that is telling. Using the eye test along with plus minus and seeing JJ miss wide open shots the offense creates and then him getting burned defensively combined with the team's lowest +/- means he is the weak link and absolute garbage.

buffalobills!!! likes this.
  12. D-rock

D-rock Member

This vid always makes me laugh out loud, and I do mean LOUD. :D

I just can't believe how dumbshit these people are, especially the driver (can't call him a captain because he's just a complete dumbass).

ApacheWarrior and jevjnd like this.
  13. Painting_Shade

Painting_Shade Contributing Member

By every metric including the eye test, Joe Johnson is not making the rockets better. He could cost us a championship with the way he's playing, and that's not an exaggeration. Even in his best years, he has not contributed enough in a statistically quantifiable way that justifies his usage and playtime.

This is a disaster that will bite us in the ass in the playoffs. Joe Johnson makes the rockets worse.

buffalobills!!! and PhilCollins like this.
  14. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

If and when Ryan Anderson is healthy he will probably not play much. He is getting used to the system though while we blow teams out, and have 2 total losses for 1/3 of the season. The problem is though IF Ryan Anderson is healthy. It's going to take some kind of minor miracle to have Eric Gordon, Ryan Anderson, and Chris Paul all healthy and playing for the entirety of the playoffs.

15. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

D'Antoni, Morey and the rest of the coaches and front office people have all the stats and game footage in the world. Come playoff time, if Joe Johnson is more likely to hurt the team than help the team win a game, he will most likely sit.

Right now, they can afford to give Joe Johnson minutes to see if he can become useful for a playoff series and to give the rest of our guys a break and an opportunity to recover from injuries.

16. dkoune

dkoune Rookie

Joe Johnson is the second best passer on this team behind cp3, james is a close third. Its not showing in his assist because his teammates are missing wide open shots, but joe is getting double teamed and passing out of the post which is leading to a lot of wide open threes. i see why MDA plays iso joe, the guys bball iq is off the charts unlike most people on this board. #boomroasted

hakeem94 likes this.
  17. levintblack

levintblack Contributing Member

uh yeah no, he is not a better passer than Harden. You should be banned for saying that.

nemac, rockbox, Drogba and 6 others like this.
  18. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

I've seen enough to know he shouldn't be on the floor. He used to have game, but its apparently long gone.

19. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

pringles is out of control. no fuking way JJ should be part of our regular rotation ahead of GG. we probably win the TOR game if not for this madness

today likes this.
  20. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

not sure i would of ranged them that way but boy i love him for his passing another playmaker is what this team needs