1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Just plain embarrassing! I’m sick of this.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rockets13champs, Mar 12, 2018.

1. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

Well in that case folks will leave early bc they have to get home and ready for the next day, I've heard this argument before as a counter to starting @ 7:30. And elsewhere it was floated the idea of giving the seats away if they're not filled, just stop..

2. wizkid83

wizkid83 Contributing Member

Tillman just paid $2 Billion for this team, I don't expect him to lower prices or alienate people that can help him pay the bills.

I would like the idea of seat fillers though. Free tickets, you stay in the back/basement with other fans (always a good time) and watch games on a TV until you're needed (maybe even $1 beers). Fill a seat when called upon, go back when the proper owner actually arrives.

Actually, if done right, you can sell the back area and call it the party deck ( see cowboys).

vci_guy2003 and rockets13champs like this.
  3. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I couldn't disagree more. Other cities manage to have games start at a reasonable time. Why can't Houston? When I come down from Austin for a game, the friends and/or relatives I go with aren't complaining about when the games end. They often complain about when they start, though. Example? I have a nephew (in his 40's) who works and lives out at the Clear Lake, League City area. He works at NASA and has hell getting to a game at the TC before it starts. He's just one relative that lives out there, and I have friends that live out that way, as well. They aren't worried about when the games end. They complain about fighting the traffic to get downtown in time for the freakin' game.

Deuce likes this.
  4. The Hunted

The Hunted Member

If there's one thing Dallas has over Houston it's this. I hate the Mavericks but I've been to several games at AAC because it's so freaking easy to get to. The TRE drops you off right in front of the arena and leaves 20 minutes after the game is over. Other than dealing with Mavs fans it's a pleasure.

Classic, Sajan and Deckard like this.
  5. Ramathorn006

Ramathorn006 Contributing Member

It takes about 30-40 min max. You are driving against traffic...

6. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

If the Rockets had a 16 game season with 8 home games, generally no more than one in any one week, I guarantee they’d sell out every game with a stadium full of people.

Richie_Rich, Sajan and Torn n Frayed like this.
  7. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

You have traveled on the Gulf Freeway from out there into downtown, haven't you? There is always traffic, both ways. It's only a question of just how bad it is. Some days are worse than others, of course. Also, folks aren't going straight from work to the TC. Maybe if you're single. They have to pick up family/friends/kids, and wish they had time to grab something to eat.

8. CCorn

CCorn Member

Not with the construction. The gulf freeway is the 2nd worst drive in Houston after 290.

Deckard likes this.
  9. Sajan

Sajan Member

This is me trying to generalize things...but the average houstonians have the "so what they are good now..they flake out in the playoffs" attitude.
    wait till the playoffs and you might see more bandwagon fans in the lower sections.

On top of that..people care about football and baseball more here.

10. touring_low

touring_low Member

I looked up tix last night on flash seats and found 3 for $118 a pop. No way I'm paying $354 for 3 tix especially against this Spurs.

RasaqBoi likes this.
  11. levintblack

levintblack Contributing Member

Other teams dont have this issue. That's something many of you refuse to acknowledge. It is bad, it is embarrassing and it doesn't help on the court or off. The team with the best record looking like that is an absolute joke and it falls on the Rocket fanbase.

The Rockets have the 7th most expensive average ticket. The Bulls are more expensive and dwarf the Rockets in attendance. In fact the only team more expensive to have lower attendance are the Clippers.

12. cheke64

cheke64 Member

tickets are ridiculous. 300 for mid lower bowl seats.

13. Game7

Game7 Member

This is not news. Most normal people/fans can't afford the tickets that the cameras can see. This whole "fiasco" is extremely overstated. Those tickets are corporate owned...aka people that might not be invested in showing up on time. Nothing we can do to stop it.

persian hoopa likes this.
  14. touring_low

touring_low Member

Yup and the pricing I listed were nosebleeds, screw that. Rather wait til the playoffs before spending that much on tix.

15. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The spurs fans forgot to show up too

16. tinman

Supporting Member

They are too busy watching stupid shows like max kellerman

The Hunted likes this.
  17. desi tmac91

desi tmac91 Member

Love it when small markets criticize us for this. It's like er, try living here.

I once arrived "on time" (game time and not parking wise) for a Spurs/Rockets game but we spent all the way until 3 minutes left in the 2nd quarter to find a ****ing place to park. I was debating of just leaving despite already paying for tickets. It was ridiculous.

Deckard likes this.
  18. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

people were right not to show up. was a **** game since spurs rested everyone. not very exciting.

19. s3ts

s3ts Member

I said this before... if you're not in your seat by half-time, your ticket should be re-sold at the game for 1/4th of the price.

20. tinman

Supporting Member

Les
    Alexander