1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Cavaliers 12/17/2003

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 17, 2003.

1. Life2Def

Life2Def Member

...and four more assists and three more boards, cat would of had one two.

2. Charvo

Charvo Member

Mike Newlin and Cooper are right. They basically said the timing of the passes to the players are bad. No good passer, bad offense.

3. Charvo

Charvo Member

Yao could have gotten a couple of jumpers in the 2nd half. He made one of two in the 1st half. Van Gundy did not call it.

4. Life2Def

Life2Def Member

We shouldn't get fooled by this game because this game and the next game we're supposed to win. By the way *Too* on my previous post couldn't edited.

5. derrock

derrock Contributing Member

Look at this crap from the AP recap:

"Cavs rookie LeBron James won the matchup of the NBA's last two No. 1 overall draft picks, outscoring Yao Ming 17-12. Cleveland has lost 12 of 14."

LeBron had a 3 after the Rockets put the game away and he shot 7-19FG and only had 1REB and 3AST (way below his season averages). True, Yao only had 6 boards but still made 6-8FG. Most telling, when Yao came back in, the Rockets made their run. When LeBron came back in the 4th, the Cavs lost their lead.

6. ivanyy2000

ivanyy2000 Contributing Member

But it is still a fact. Yao outscored by James, that is it. He sucks.

7. Blatz

Blatz Contributing Member

Yay, a Rockets win! :)

So did anyone have any luck with the link above??

8. MadMirror

MadMirror Member

This sort of thing is unavoidable; people naturally seek out sources of competition and conflict. They want something to argue about. Hell, you see this kind of thing on the board constantly.

It's just something that won't ever go away, so it's best to ignore this sort of nonconstructive commentary whenever it occurs.

9. jlwee

jlwee Member

Yao only took 8 shots for the game... even he made 100% he still gonna scores 16pts n get outscored by LeBron.
    Yes, stats wise LeBron won but we r lookin at the contribution to the team win.... when yao is on the floor, rockets r definitely a better team... what can u say yao sucks???

10. Pat

Pat Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Dear God, "don't be happy with a win".

I know it was against the Cadavers, and yes we made plenty of mistakes, but it did break a losing streak, and we came on at nut cutting time. Loosen up and live a little. Besides someday the Rox will turn things around, then what are you going to do?

11. rvpals

rvpals Member

True. Those are key rebounds Yao got. Great defensive presence from Yao at the end.

12. SLA

SLA Member

Lakers
    Kings
    Mavericks
    Spurs
    Timberwolves

We beat Denver and Portland and Utah.....and we have a better record than 18 other teams....probably more now or tied.

Why aren't we the 6th best team in the West? PATIENCE. Jeeez..we do need to make some adjustments and better decisions...I thought it was a bit better..or maybe it was just a crappier team. At least Moochie didn't play.

I thought STeve had a good game. It wasn't great but wasn't bad..Mobley did good too..same with everybody! We should have blown them out though..Lebron's pretty good.

13. Charvo

Charvo Member

Grizzlies are better than the Rockets.

14. SLA

SLA Member

And I also thought the Boston Celtics did a nice job...the former ones. Battie just amazing. I've never seen him shoot those..why now/!?!? That's good for him. And Eric Williams did good as usual...Kedrick Brown surprised me too..he's a good shooter. JR Bremer is reunited..

Darius Miles barely did anything..

15. gr8-1

gr8-1 Contributing Member

4 assists? That's alot. That's 40 percent missing from accomplishing one part of a triple double. That's like saying "if Steve would have made those 4 shots, he would have shot 50%."

That's like saying "Kevin Willis averaged 10 points and 6 rebounds last year. If he had averaged 4 more rebounds a game, he would have averaged a double-double." Way off.

16. Pat

Pat Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Looking at the box, I see Mooch played only three minutes. His PT keeps going down. Anybody read anything into this?

17. lee

lee Member

good point

18. Zacatecas

Zacatecas Member

Moochie is Mat Maloney # 2.

I hope that the Rockets don't release him, because then the Rockets would sign another player like him next year.

Moochie should go on the IR for the rest of his career, it's a guaranteed contract either way.

So, when another below average mediocre player hits ONE critical 3 pointer in his career, the Rockets don't get compeled to give out another 6 or 7 year contract. Moochie would be a good reminder to sober down and think straight.

19. ths balla

ths balla Member

we win people whine:rolleyes:
    we lose people whine:rolleyes:

it doesn't matter who we play, where we play, who scored the most, and what the score was, a win is a win. not everyone on the team has to score 20 points for it to be a GOOD win.

I appreciate those who support the rox whether they win or lose :) and don't whine about their all star players that they think should be traded for scrubs:rolleyes:

20. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

I don't really care about the win... I'm just happy we scored more than 70.