1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Just HOW great is this team?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by topfive, Mar 8, 2018.

1. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

GOAT TEAM

2. the shark

the shark Member

Greatness is achieved in the playoffs. See GS and their 73-9 regular season record and the Patriots going 18-0 before losing the SB.

Andy Sheets and hakeem94 like this.
  3. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

[​IMG]

Andy Sheets and FLASH21 like this.
  4. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

That's funny. Kenny Smith just quoted that on the TNT pregame show.

Kenny, is that you?

5. CCorn

CCorn Member

6. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

playoffs are overrated, RS underrated

7. RockWest

RockWest Contributing Member

I'm a simple man, when I see "healthy big 3" I think 33-1. That's a 80-2 season as far as I am concerned.

hakeem94 likes this.
  8. beastlyball

beastlyball Member

He was asking about GREATNESS and you bring up examples of major upsets.o_O As to original question, I would say not great yet because they haven't won anything.

daywalker02 likes this.
  9. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Regular season doesn't define greatness. GS had a 73-9 record and no one cares about it because they didn't win a ring. It's their CHAMPIONSHIP seasons that give them greatness.

10. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I dunno man. That kind of adds to it.

If they keep winning this year. They will have 4 of the top winning seasons of all time, I would assume a few more wins than the Bulls had in a 4 year span. Along with 3 championships to then be able to say they are the best team of all time. It's up to Harden/Paul and company to stop it somehow.

11. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

My point is if GS didn't have any rings no one would care about their regular season - they would be considered another phx suns.

No one will remember this Rockets team outside of Houston if they don't beat the Warriors. That's the truth.

peleincubus likes this.
  12. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

We are having one helluva season indeed. What's crazy is we just can't shake the freaking Warriors. The Spurs choked up late and of Course the Warriors capitalized and came out victories. Therefore, we have to continue to smash on the gas. This bad boy is going down to the wire.

13. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

Like MJ said of their record setting reg season record... "It dont mean a ring - without the ring!"

Highest offensive rating or whatever it is is fine n dandy and all... but until they hoist a banner for it...

14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

There is regular season greatness for sure, there is also one hit wonder seasons, and there is greatness that could be sustained for several seasons/multiple regular seasons.

We are not there yet and with our old players, we have to keep thinking of injecting new talent. It's not that easy.

Playoffs, Finals and the Title are the most important things in one's Basketball career/life. Make no mistake.

15. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

(Just...) How great dis team is?? lolz

(Ok this is why I STOPPED posting in 2018 ... enjoy the season everybody)

16. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

best team in Rockets history but unfortunately when you play in an era of superteams, we're still the underdogs in the matchup.

17. beastlyball

beastlyball Member

Teams without championship hangs divisional banner.

18. davee

davee Member

Our team reminds me of Dantonis old Suns team w/ Nash, Marion and Amare

Lots of scoring and great individual stats but lack the grit to win Championships. I hope I am wrong but the top teams in the league are so good where we just can't have our top players like Harden get exposed over and over on D. Looks great to score 30 but not as great where the opposing scrub SG goes off for 24