1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA Play-In Tournament action live ...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

He's arguably having the best season in Rockets history,but do you now trust Harden in the playoffs?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Snow Villiers, Mar 6, 2018.

?

Do you trust Harden in the playoffs?

1. Yes

48.8%
  2. No

19.4%
  3. I trust Harden but trust Chris Paul more.

31.9%
  1. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

yeah he needs help just like Wb last year (allstardipo)

who would have thought you need at least 2 superstar playmakers and solid D roleplayers like tucker and lmm instead of dekker and harrell to compete in the playoffs

did Morey just realize this last year? or cp3 just finally decided to join harden last year? or both

#141 vlaurelio, Mar 8, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2018
    Lawlruschang likes this.
  2. CourtOfDreams

CourtOfDreams Member

Not gonna lie. Without CP3 I would be worried. I think with Paul, Paul will be the leader in the locker room and on the court. He will have the respect and the experience to call Harden out if he gets moody.

I do think that Harden has grown leaps and bounds from where we were one year ago. Still though if the pressure is on and Harden is not getting the Harden Calls which never happen in the playoffs then Paul will be there and have the ability to remind him how to adapt and the way to play.

CP3 is our Keanu Reeves Statue

[​IMG]

cheke64 and Lawlruschang like this.
  3. vlaurelio

do the clippers or you trust cp3 in the playoffs sans harden??

Blurr#7 likes this.
  4. CourtOfDreams

CourtOfDreams Member

Fair point.
    We beat the Clips what was it 3 (4?) years ago in amazing fashion in a CP3 lead team.

Let's be honest though, has Harden really had anyone since he has been the "man" that he respects and sees as an equal? Someone that can question him on and off the court on what he is doing?

Sure there was Lin, Dmo, Parsons, Howard, Dekker, Brewer, Prigioni, Dorsey, Asik, Delfino, Brooks and of course Lawson that are on his level and his equal, but Paul might have a little more leadership and have the gumption to check Harden if and when things go south in our playoff run.

5. vlaurelio

yep teams need at least 2 supertars and lots of playoff vet fighers like tucker and lmm instead of dekker and harrell to compete in the playoffs

6. CourtOfDreams

CourtOfDreams Member

yep

7. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

Sorry, don't trust Harden (especially after last year). He's great in the regular season, but something happens in the playoffs. We're lucky to have Paul to help shoulder the load.

8. vlaurelio

would clips or you trust cp3 sans harden

9. CourtOfDreams

CourtOfDreams Member

[​IMG]

10. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

To lead us to a championship? Nah. Together they can do it I believe, but they need each other.

11. riko

riko Member

With Harden it’s all between the ears. If he can mentally keep it together he will be fine. His offensive game is as complete as anyone in modern times.

Stormy1234 likes this.
  12. vlaurelio

who would have thought any team needs at least 2 players to compete for a chip

13. beastlyball

beastlyball Member

I voted no, but I think I change my mind due to the fact that this roster is much better. CP should take some pressure off him so lets hope for the best.

vlaurelio likes this.
  14. Rileydog

Rileydog Contributing Member

The last possessions of the Toronto game is what concerns me. James dribbled out the clock. And then on the last inbounds play, I don’t understand why he wasn’t running hell bent to get the ball instead of Ariza.

(Yes, I know he hit that three with about two minutes to go in the game. And while I didn’t love the shot, I was thrilled he took a shot.)

15. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

Why did Harden not move or cut to try to get the in bounds pass from Ariza? He literally stood still. Did Harden not want the ball in his hands with the game on the line?

16. davee

davee Member

Skip is just being Skip

Harden has had some TERRIBLE play off series in past and literally blown games for us

There will always be doubts and a lack of trust until he breaks that trend, starts to play a little D and get his mind in playoff mode

He has all the tools this year

- Chris Paul/Harden is a dangerous tandem and Chris is a great leader

- Great hard working big in Capella protecting the paint and rebounding

- Lots of dangerous snipers to space the floor

- The BEST offensive coach in the league

If he can't pull it off this year, I will be very disappointed

17. threepointshot3

Harden is one of the very few players in the nba. Who could carry a team from 19 down to tie it in a Hostile environment like that against an elite team on both sides of the ball luke Toronto

Stormy1234 likes this.
  18. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

It remains to be seen how Harden will do in the playoffs. Games like today and his currently broken 3 point shot worry me.

Harden is an all time great regular season player, no doubt but has yet to show that level in the playoffs. I hope having CP3 alongside will help Harden get over his playoff troubles

cheke64, solid and deb4rockets like this.
  19. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

His current 3 point shot percentage worries me too. I don't think he went 6 out of 40 all year. Maybe he did, but I can't remember him being so off. Something is off, and the coaches need to work on it. The regular season is one thing, but playoffs are completely different. When the refs let the guys play, and limit calling fouls he can't let it get to him. I agree with you, James has yet to play his best in the playoffs. I too am hopeful that CP3 will help out in the playoffs by calming him down or calling him out if needed, if play gets lazy or sloppy. Also, I think the key is for James to stop trying so hard to draw fouls, and just focus on actually trying to make the shot, or pass to the open man. Come playoffs, we don't need a hero, we just need a leader, who has the faith in his teammates to do their part as they have all year.

#159 deb4rockets, Apr 1, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2018
    FTW Rockets FTW likes this.
  20. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

Give the man a few days off to get his legs back.

The shot will come around.