1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ESPN]James Harden's bad defensive reputation is mostly undeserved

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by zeeshan2, Mar 7, 2018.

Tags:
  1. joeson332

joeson332 Member

wait really?

2. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Yea. It was someone from CF.

3. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

Nice article years too late, ESPN jackass. Where were the stats when everyone was using Harden as a punchline for their lame jokes?

...idiots.

D-rock and Sajan like this.
  4. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

speechless. Harden has finally crossed over. we made it. Harden is in.

5. Kruze10

Kruze10 Member

I remember when Dwight was on the team and how much crap Shaq gave him for not being more aggressive, or forcing his way in the paint more. The league has changed, traditional centers aren't as impactful anymore. Even 5-7 years ago, elite teams don't need guys like Shaq anymore.

6. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

When the league truly embraces Harden I'm going to be kind of sad. I enjoyed whining and complaining about this stuff.

7. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Contributing Member

Winning cures all and rewrites all false narratives. Keep winning and the narrative changes

8. joeson332

joeson332 Member

I honestly had no clue it was a Lin Fan. I had seen it on YouTube days before it went viral on Twitter.

9. HMMMHMM

HMMMHMM Contributing Member

I'm no LOF. I still lurk on the forum and still root for the Rockets. The video was justified at the time. Harden got better and most people seem to have realized this by now. He's going to win MVP. Not sure why you're mad :).

jbasket and durvasa like this.
  10. baubo

baubo Member

That's the reason why people put Curry ahead of Harden on defense. "He is limited but he does his job around great defenders." Shockingly that can also apply to Harden. Harden can be better on defense when he's allowed to perform an easier role alongside better defenders.

11. ico4498

ico4498 Member
    Supporting Member

this one of signs of the apocalypse.

be good to folks and look out for the dude with the sixes.

ghettocheeze and Killatron 2000 like this.
  12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

13. RockFanFirst

RockFanFirst Member

I didn't read the responses to the ESPN tweet, because I didn't want to see all of the "still won't beat GSW" replies.

14. ghettocheeze

ghettocheeze Member

First they hate you, then they love you, then they hate you again.

This is a media conspiracy. Wait... where's my tinman foil hat?

BSPN is hyping up Harden so they can take him down with hit pieces in the playoffs. Don't listen to these bandwagoners.

Clutchfans was the first to recognize the true power of the mighty HarGOD. We saw the Gematria and it was absolute perfection.

15. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Actually most people haven't realized this by now in the media-scape except hard core Rockets fans or advanced stat geeks.

Considering Harden's work ethic and improvement year to year we can surmise his D improvement would happen on its own like the rest of his game and moves.

As a Harden fan (but not apologist) I HATE that you made that video and the rep "stuck" with him forever.

Quite frankly, you probably should spend some time making a video of Harden's good defensive plays to make up for it.

/end-rant

IvanLCPM, DreamQuake, Nook and 3 others like this.
  16. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

James Harden is probably closing out on shooters better than any time he has been with the Rockets.

He is a better than average defender at the moment. I hope it gets recognized, but he has really improved this year on that matter.

17. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

You should be thanking him. If he’s responsible for the rep, the rep probably helped motivate Harden to expend more effort and focus on the defensive end.

18. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

This is great and all, James has really made a concerted effort to be better defensively, but he was bad for a couple years. Real, real bad.

19. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

It's like all Giannis needs is two steps to get to the rim with his stride.

20. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

I am NOT thanking him. Did you read my post? Re-read my post about Harden's internal desire for growth and development which has been on display year in and year out. I give the credit to Harden's internal desire to grow.