1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Celtics @ Rockets 3/3/2018

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 1, 2018.

1. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

2. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

there's nothing wrong with being greedy and demanding excellence. can you believe we are the BEST team in the league, we have the best record, and we're not even playing our best???

i'm happy but let's not get complacent. we should always be striving for greatness. the rest of the league ain't ready. we ain't even playing our best. :eek:

3. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

Lol excellent as in 73-9 team???

And btw you forgot to login as @LorneMalvo

don grahamleone likes this.
  4. LorneMalvo

LorneMalvo Member

This has absolutely nothing to do with the post you just responded to.

5. riko

riko Member

I thought you would have figured that out by now especially withhis other id as brewer goat where he was trolling hard. Just put the troll on ignore.he is a buthurt Lin fan who only comes here to troll about Harden

#1525 riko, Mar 4, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2018
  6. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

You didn't post this right here?

I guarantee you the elite defenses are not giving up a bad switch that easily. Especially when the game is on the line.

Those two teams I mentioned, including the Spurs have gotten beat on bad switches when playing the Rockets this year. So again I ask what games have you been watching. Because you are way off base.

vlaurelio likes this.
  7. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don't know who you are but if you think switching is lazy D I think you need to watch more basketball.

Cleveland beat GS in 2016 by switching to switching. The Thunder used if very effectively as well.

Teams that rely on ball movement love the PnR - you have to take that away and take away ball movement - thus the switching. One of the reasons the Rockets are so tough to guard is that they can ISO you with Harden or Paul who can beat you off the dribble even without a pick. They actually switch to a weaker defender - look when they are both in the game.

But on Defense what do you want the Rockets to do? Play man? This team will get scorched badly - they will PNR Capela or Andreson to death. You are nuts if you think we can play man against the Warriors or Celtics or Raptors in the no touch era.

8. vlaurelio

@swyyyguy

Take notes mavprick LOF

9. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Thanks. You're right and I will. I appreciate the nudge! You'll make my life a happier place now!

10. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

Just rewatch the game again. Btw I found the culprit of that horrible sound in the last minutes in the 4th.
    It’s a little girl with purple sweater near Jeff, she’s just behind Mark. Next to a guy in a pink sweater. Someone should have told her to stand on the other side or they needed a sound barrier :p. Great game
    But smart asking for a foul when he didn’t even get touch. If anything the foul was on the pass as he got the ball. Co3 didn’t even touch him as he shots it. He is a big time flopper.
    Also Harden should have drive in instead of shooting 3pt 4 or 3 times in a row. At least when we were up to after Al turn the ball over to us.

11. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Nah, we just need Coffee Bean to represent our unis because coffee is for closers. Also, @topfive mentioned that we should be repped by Trojan, but Magnum would be aight too.

topfive likes this.
  12. threepointshot3

The dude with the bazillion alternate ID’s again?

saleem and don grahamleone like this.
  13. vlaurelio

Harden did have 2 layups, 2 assists, 2 off rebounds, 1 steal, 1 FT

and when al turned the ball over we were already up by 2 thanks to 10 pts harden produced/7 point swing

I thought people wanted us to win even with our three's not falling and that's what the whole team just did

last 8 1/2 minutes with harden in the game

from down 5 to up 3. that's an 8 point swing

produced 11 points

2 offensive rebounds and drove each time for 4 pts
    assisted twice on 3 pointers for a total of 6 points
    1 FT
    1 steal

people here act like we won despite of Harden. he ain't no WB

BigShasta, D-rock and saleem like this.
  14. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

i thinkn your memory deceives you cause i have seen him misses FT a lot of times when the game was not on the line...hes particularly prone to miss one if its a 3 FTs ..so that's that...

Htownballer38 and saleem like this.
  15. Samiam1234

Samiam1234 Member

This game was so satisfying.. Its obviously not what we suffered blowing the 26 point lead and the 2 harden turnovers.. But this was close enough, where Celtics pretty much lead from beginning to end, and had an answer for every time rockets tied them.. then the two turnovers in the last minute give them a bit of taste of what we felt..

hakeem94 likes this.
  16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Doubt that, Malvo is an ice cold killer, can't say that about the other dude.

hakeem94 likes this.
  17. bluffkin

bluffkin Member

My only concern with this game was that CP hasn’t been aggressive since the Clippers game. I’m a just a little worried

hakeem94 likes this.
  18. J.R.

J.R. Member

19. vlaurelio

[​IMG]

20. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Give Green some minutes. This could actually be a blessing in disguise.

ak99999 and Stormy1234 like this.