1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Two suggestions for the Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Hard Rock, Dec 16, 2003.

1. Hard Rock

Hard Rock Member

1.) we need to break up the backcourt, period.

2. Hard Rock

Hard Rock Member

how about Francis+future 1st rd. pick+trade exception for Brand+Jaric?
    the Clipper gets an exciting all-star point guard to run their show and give their talanted big men (Wilcox/Ely) a chance.

we got a super solid star in Brand who imo. the best compliment to Yao. and a big guard (6'5) who can shoot, pass and plays good D in Jaric.

Yao Ming, Cato, Amaechi
    E. Brand, Taylor, Ford
    Jackson, Padgett, Nachbar
    Mobley, Piatkwoski, Griffin
    M. Jaric, Norris, Wilks

2.) JVG needs to play Padgett more (ahead of Nachbar)

3. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

It's more like

1) Push the damn ball and find the open man.

2) Cato/Mobley/Moochie for O'Neal from Indy.

4. Sherlock

Sherlock Contributing Member

I'd do that trade in a second, but I doubt Sterling would put up with a max contract from Francis ... but, both teams WOULD come out ahead talent-wise. The biggest problem would be that Francis would tear us up every time he played us, though ... I'd rather see him in the Eastern Conference, if we were to trade him.

I don't want to trade Francis, but there does come a point, where you have to look at your options to improve the team. If we had been willing to let go of Sampson, we could have had Jordan and Drexler to go along side the Dream all those years. If there is a trade out there like that, we should always look at it.

5. Charvo

Charvo Member

Clippers are going after Kobe in the offseason. If Kobe comes to the Clippers, he'll play point guard for them.

6. Dennis2112

Dennis2112 Contributing Member

Hindsight is 20/20. At the time neither Jordan or Glyde were thought to become the players that they evidentially became. Jordan was considered very good but Glyde was a one dimensional player. Sampson was only starting his second and was looking like a superstar. He very well may have become one if it were not for his knees.

Trading Francis and trading Sampson are completely different scenerios and completely unrelated.

7. tierre_brown

tierre_brown Contributing Member

Do we even HAVE a first rounder to trade?

8. ttstk123

ttstk123 Member

It's funny that so many are concern about Francis staying in the West if we trade him. If he is so talented where you're afraid he can tear you up, you should not trade him in the first place. I see it more as... he's so work up on showing we are wrong for trading him that he might get his points at the expense of all his teammates. We all have seen this and we know the likely results of it.

9. ricerocket

ricerocket Member

Since when has Francis taken it out on the Griz?

10. ttstk123

ttstk123 Member

Why would he? He wanted out of Vancouver. On the other hand, if the Rockets dump him...

11. jev5555

jev5555 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Trade Yao

12. almostReady

almostReady Member

Again and again people keep saying the same thing that Stevie would torch us if playing against Rox.

But the guy has been outplayed by every half-decent PG in the league. Please enlighten me on what basis your guys think he will be so good when playing for another team.

13. SLA

SLA Member

Well offense. If we play like we did today...and continue to play that type of offense..we just need to pray that we make those tough shots and less turnovers. The offense is good when everyone makes their open shots...
    Or maybe we need to make a trade. I'd love Chauncey Billups or Sam Cassell or Marko Jaric and Elton Brand or Mehmet Okur or KEVIN GARNETT. :p I would trade or sign a good power forward who can rebound and play defense...and can also shoot...Maurice Taylor + Kelvin Cato = Kevin Garnett. Elton Brand would be good. Kenyon Martin good. Jason Kidd I wish. And we need a point guard..but I think Steve did all right tonight..he was the only okay person..even though Cassell had 25, 5, and 5 against him. Our backup point guard....Moochie just sucks. We need a backup. We can make some roster changes. I'd prefer more shooters.
    Or maybe we can train Cato somehow and develop and offensive game...and everyone else should work on their shooting and passing and running and dribbling and footwork and defense and rebounding.
    Or we could get an assistant coach who like specializes in offense and maybe that guy can implement an offense..the perfect offense for us. I think we need to have a balanced offense..I wish we could play like the Spurs or Lakers or Kings or Timberwolves.
    Maybe we just need to be patient...a work in progress.
    But we need to be more intense and aggressive and I think we could be a good running team...everyone needs to trust each other and just play basketball..just odn't pass to Cato. :(

14. Charvo

Charvo Member

I think Moochie could light up Steve. That's a problem.

15. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

Two observations about this thread:

1) the person who started the thread, about two suggestions for the rockets, only gave one suggestion

16. almostReady

almostReady Member

:) Hopefully we can get a better PG than Moochie in the trade.

17. TECH

TECH Contributing Member

Look at his second post.

18. SLA

SLA Member

I can imagine the Clippers maybe doing that trade because they do have Ely and that other guy Wilcox who are both quite good...and still have Elton Brand. Steve is the man...but if we want to win, something has to be done. I would accept that trade. Jaric is good and tall as well. Clippers would want Steve perhaps. He gets to be reunitd with Glen Rice and those Maryland guys. Clippers would have him and Corey Maggette still and Chris Kaman haha.

Jermaine O'Neal for Cato, Mobley, and Moochie. I don't think they will give up JONeal. He is like their star player..like KG. I wish though. He would be great for us...they don't really need Mobley when they have Reggie Miller..still not worth giving up JONeal just to get a good center in Cato...and filler in Moochie...

I wish.

Lebron James. Kevin Garnett. Yao Ming. Steve Francis. Tracy McGrady!

19. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

1) Fire JVG and Patrick Ewing. What in the heck are these guys doing to Yao and our Rockets?

2) Bring back Rudy T.

20. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

I thought it was funnier not to.