1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

DMo for 3Mo?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaDakota, Feb 28, 2018.

1. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

If you think the leagues rules requiring arbitration allows either side to take things further if they don't like the arbitrator's ruling, then you don't understand how arbitration works.

I'm neither surprised we don't know what happened, and may never know, nor do I think lack of disclosure of what happened means anything one way or another wrt the outcome.

hongxingli, saleem and Mazulis like this.
  2. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Contributing Member

AMEN... can I get a Hell Yeah!!!

Plowman, RasaqBoi and tinman like this.
  3. basketballholic

This wasn't simply arbitration. There was fault.

4. basketballholic

Name one other arbitration case that we never got the details of. (Wake up.)

hakeem94 likes this.
  5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

It doesn't matter, some believe it, some don't.

Who cares?

DD

BamBam likes this.
  6. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

There was a *claim* of fault.

Believing in a huge lost wages claim is rooted heavily in Summer of DMo narratives.

I have little interest in knowing, unless there indeed was something involving the league punishing the Rockets for screwing the Nets, which could lead to RFA rules changes. But note, since we don't see any changes to the RFA rules or league announcements about interpretations, I assume nothing along those lines happened. Many around the league expected a sweeping change, you included.

Never happened.

Seems the only ppl who really care about the arbitration and whether DMo got some lost wages claim for Rockets failing his physical are guys like you who were so heavily invested in a narrative that he's "already been paid" Yule-c nonesense...

or others who tied their reputation to bets or proclamations that DMo would get $12m/yr plus ... and were legitimately angry with Morey for not paying him ... and probably were embarrassed when he got so little from the Nets in that monster year of the salary cap jump....thus they have to dream up a huge lost wages settlement for whatever reason...likely because they wanted Morey punished...which always seemed odd to me.

Glad it's over.
    Glad DMo got $3m from China.
    Hope he makes an ECF team for the playoffs, to keep the Dish spicy.

topfive likes this.
  7. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

I'm surprised D-Mo still hasn't made it to prison. BJ Armstrong would be gone by the cartel if that was me.

8. rockets13champs

We already got 4 centers
    Capela, Nene, Black, Wright... wtf is dmo gonna give us

9. rockets13champs

In China is a below the rim game. The only athletic CBA players are the Americans or Europeans. Chinese players only make nba if they are freakishly tall or lengthy

10. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I would like to see JJ Hickson replacing Black. Hickson is 29, he can rebound, block shots and finish at rim. He can bring athleticism and physical toughness at the 4. The opposite of Ryan Anderson. I know Hickson isn't the best fit for us, but he may be able to challenge Draymond, and reduce the load on Tucker.
    I would only agree to add him, if he qualifies for the playoffs.

Addendum: Hickson could perhaps be helpful against LMA, or any other big on defense. At worse, he could
    foul out by playing hard defense, if he is fit.

#130 saleem, Mar 2, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2018
    hakeem94 likes this.
  11. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

I think Barkley's issue was with Alexander and CD not with any current staff. I'd like to think the sale of the team would mean this would finally go away. It's such a drag to watch the Rockets on TNT because Barkley always makes sure they don't discuss the game. So sick of him using halftime show to talk about other things. Was great though to hear him say, "You gotta give Daryl Mo-RAY a lot of credit." I almost thought I was dreaming.

tinman likes this.
  12. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yes, Barkley's 3 million is hiding under Les's pillow in his Florida mansion.

WE.. WE all know that Barkley was promised something for getting Pippen in.
    I would love to see a 30 for 30, Les Alexander vs Barkley

13. RockWest

RockWest Contributing Member

Way too much drama for a towel boy tbh

14. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

Agree we all know that. And he's not hiding the trophies under his pillow. I expect he has those on display in his home instead of in the Toyota Center where they belong. I wouldn't want to watch them go through that old argument again though. I'd rather it were quietly resolved and just went away.

Too many good feelings about this year's team to get into dirty drama.

Huricane, Deckard and tinman like this.
  15. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Would be an improvement over Black and Wright (sometimes Nene as well) along with some depth at the 4 if needed. That said, there's no chance it happens. I don't think he'd have any interest in playing here again so there's no point in talking about it.

hibbetts likes this.
  16. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

D-Mo is at best an improvement over Black.

He is in no way an improvement over Wright (who has 13 years in this league already despite injury issues), and definitely not an improvement over Nene. Did you not see what Nene did in the playoffs last season?

D-Mo can at best hit the occasional 3 at a similar rate as Brewer, and provide some post scoring once in a while. Neither of those are complementary skills to Harden/Paul, who prefer a stronger roll man around the rim that can finish with strength and finesse.

topfive and BigO like this.
  17. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

passing at 5? it would gave us an awesome versatility and add to unpredictability of the offense

18. farhen

farhen Member

confirm dmo's burning account

19. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I think you are basing that on who Nene used to be and you aren't giving DMo enough credit. Right now I can guarantee you that if he agreed to play for the Rockets (he wouldn't) that MDA would put DMo in the rotation ahead of both Black and Wright without a second thought.

Huricane likes this.
  20. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

I still feel like the rockets should eventually give him the money.