1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

JVG's offense simply sucks!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by reptilexcq, Dec 13, 2003.

1. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

tis a poor craftsman that blames his tools

Rocket River

2. DreamFranchise1

Well, you are definately a dumb ass! Are you kidding me? First of all, we will make the playoffs. Secondly, even if we didn't there is no way he would get fired after one season. He is an established coach in the league and Dawson won't get rid of him right away. That is what happens to interim coaches or assistant coaches that get handed positions by default. Don't post stupid **** like that on here buddy!

3. ragingFire

ragingFire Contributing Member

It's so easy to pick on you ... you are just so lame.
    Jeff did not put in any defensive plays? :) Did you read that off a wall somewhere 'cause you certainly did not see any game!

BTW, when was the last time the Rockets played a zone?

Define West ball!
    I have not seen those Steve and Cat's ISO of the past run by any team in the West! Even street-baller like Marbury passes the rock!

In any case, prepare yourself to be tortured 'cause Jeff will be here for a while yet!!

4. ricerocket

ricerocket Member

Name one defensive play he did put into effect.

Yes, I've seen plenty of games and they do play zone, maybe not 100%, but they all play some form of it.

Define west ball for you? I ain't your b****. Go watch for youself Sparky....

Tortuired by watching JVG ball is a given, not something that just started in Houston. What will be worse is watching how bad the moral and chemistry continues to drop as they flounder in the Midwest under his style. I hope not, but...........

5. ragingFire

You ain't my b****, you said ... Sparky? And I need to prove this to you? :) ... I am doing this only because it's fun torturing you ...
    Since you are incapable of seeing the more complex ones ... I will just point you to the defense that the Rockets ran pre-dominantly in the games against the Raptors and 76ers.
    That defense was never seen with a Rudy's Rocket team. Can you figure out what it was?
    Your earlier post said:
    You said Jeff did not do anything. It was the zone, it was Cato, JJ.

Now you are backtracking and talk about the zone that is played by other teams.
    FYI, the Rockets played the zone maybe 2, 3 times for under 3 minutes this whole season.
    I know how West ball is played ... it's you who confused Steve and Cat's freelance with it.

6. ricerocket

ricerocket Member

Apparently you can't and continue to make self serving generalizations....

Like this....

Or this...

Prove it.... :rolleyes: :p

7. ragingFire

Haha, ... keep talking and ... remove all doubts that you are an idiot ...
    I already told you about the Raptors and 76er games and you can't figure it out. You for sure did not see those games!

You did not see other games either if you don't know if the Rockets play a zone or not.

Wait, are you a Rocket fan? How many games have you watched?

8. ricerocket

ricerocket Member

Well, since 1984 probably I've watched more than you can count to.....

Keep your chin up, your coach will surely come up with exactly what you say they do tonight. If he doesn't just blame the tools on this almighty craftsman...

What was this topic about? Oh yea, how bad JVG's OFFENSE sucks....

Hey, staunch defense advocates like you and JVG wouldn't know about offense, right, just how to be offensive...

Go grab a snickers Sparky.... you must be hungry :p

9. DreamFranchise1

Hey Rice Rocket, we were the number 1 ranked team in defense at the beginning of the season and we are still ranked in the top 10. So that's basically the end of your argument. I agree that our offense has been lackluster to say the least, but that's what happens when you put a 7'6" wimp in the lineup with 2 flashy guards that can't pass. Don't complain about a defense that most teams would kill for. Trust me, our D isn't the problem. And what's your point when you say that our d is better because of jj? No ****, JVG was the one who wanted him in their in the first place. DO me a favor and change your name to Rice Rookie.

10. ricerocket

ricerocket Member

I agree the D is better, but mainly from players taking to heart the defensive intensity needed to be increased.

I'll get right on thet name change... hold your breath. ;)

11. edc

edc Contributing Member

Les Alexander has no understanding of the word.

12. jev5555

jev5555 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It happened in NYC it's happening here...JVG SUX AND NEEDS TOO BE CANNED.

13. DreamFranchise1

Hey buddy,

JVG took the knicks to the finals. He doesn't suck. He has taken his squad to the playoffs every year he has been in the league. You either don't know what the **** you are talking about or you are too stupid to realize what a good coach is. Whatever the case, don't post any more dumbass comments on here.

14. Sishir Chang

Sishir Chang Contributing Member

After mentally reviewing the T-Wolves game I've come to the conclusion that its not JVG's offense but the inability of the Rox players to stick to it.

In the first quarter of the game the Rox played sound ball and matched the T-Wolves well. When they started falling behind they fell back to playing iso ball and heaving desperation jumpers.

JVG needs to prove he is the disciplinarian he's supposed to be and keep these guys focussed on playing sound basketball.

15. New Jack

New Jack Member

You might want to check into a few Rage-a-holics Anonymous meetings.

16. ricerocket

ricerocket Member

Wow, Dog Fart, I mean Dream Franchise (I renamed you myself - no need to tell you to do it, you would probably have to ask JVG how) you must be the best analyst ever. That defense last night was amazing. And the offense, the plays, the way those players were coached - just like the old days. It reminded me of right before quitter Jeff left the Knicks. His players look like they really are on his program. Too bad that program doesn't include offense.

Maybe you should stop posting.... :rolleyes: :p

17. ROCKET RICH NYC

ROCKET RICH NYC Contributing Member

I knew the "I hate JVG" club would grow. He just can't get through to this generation of players. He's OLD SKOOL I TELL YOU! I predict the "I hate JVG" to continue to grow. All you Steve Francis bashers, you just might get your wish. It's no secret that even before the season started he wanted out of Houston under JVG. Well, they are trying now to get rid of him as we speak(at least entertaining the offers).

I can't wait to see Francis gone and then having everyone else blame Yao, or Cuttino, or whoever EXCEPT for JVG. I know JVG ISNT' GOING ANYWHERE for at least 3 years. But at sometime, all you people will see what me and Rice Rocket and other JVG "Haters" out there are seeing - An OLD SCHOOL OUTDATED COACH who was a little above medicore with the Knicks at a time when the NBA Rules were different and the players were in a different mindset than today's youngins'.

18. ricerocket

ricerocket Member

Don't think JVG will be around forever. When the team spins apart, the trades don't work and the attendence plummets in the new palace, he will go the same route as those in PHX and ORL....

I don't think Cat or Steve are fans. So what is going to happen? With as hard as it is to trade people watch the Rocks deal and get 1/2 what they should for SF, Cat and MoT.

19. DreamFranchise1

Hey Rice p***y,

Why are you hating on our head coach? We are a quarter of the way through the season and you are bashing a guy who is doing the best he can with what he was given. Yes, our defense looked pretty bad last night but we are still one of the better defensive teams in the league. I never said our offense was anything special. I'll repeat, you can't expect much when we are counting on a 7'6" girly giant to be an inside presence while hoping that two flashy and selfish guards feed him the rock every now and then. Rice Burner, it's pretty obvious that you have only been a basketball fan as long as yao ming has been in the league so until you get a grip on some real knowledge go write stupid posts on some other board.

20. xcharged

xcharged Member

Hmmm, i remember Rudy's words when asked after his treatment if he thought he would be the head coach of the rockets this season....

Think I will? I have a little piece of paper that says so.