1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Green cooling off Ryno

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by hajkov, Feb 14, 2018.

1. hajkov

hajkov Consummate Member

A consummate professional

2. rfrocket

rfrocket Member

When I first saw the thread title I thought it was about Green not passing to Ryno when he was wide open. LOL

bilaal14 likes this.
  3. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

I wish we all can develop trust with Ryan Anderson again. He is trending in the right direction. I just wish we hadnt so much money so it wouldnt have been such a big deal. He need to atleast play at this level or a notch lower to even come close to justifying his contract.

I hope he continues to play like this... 2 reasons, trade bait and rockets have a better chance of winning every single game.

I doubt it last, but I hope and pray that it does.

BB

4. cebu

cebu Member

Our chemistry is
    Our chemistry is really classy compared to GSW.

5. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

I think him playing a bench role is a stroke of genius. Very much like Gordon...they have the skills to start and be ok or bench and be better than their opponent.

He was feeling it last night.

hakeem94 likes this.
  6. aurocketfan

aurocketfan Member

We need this Ryno in the playoffs, we would be unstoppable.

Mr. Dominant likes this.
  7. c1utchfan925

c1utchfan925 Contributing Member

I think Morey and Co. finally gave Ryan an ultimatum, shoot three's or bench role. He's been a bit more motivated on closing out players but his bread and butter is to be a stretch 4. If he can do that well.. that means the Rockets don't have to lean on Harden/Paul so much.

8. vince

vince Member

I think Anderson, Gordon are better weapons off the bench. As sharp shooters, they should concentrate on shooting with fresh legs.

Usually, they are superior talent to other bench players. They still have starter talent, but on a loaded team, they are true luxury value to the team; which make the Rockets elite.

Tucker / Luc should start at the 4 per matchups. Anderson is an ideal Small ball center or a stretch 4; which should unclog the lane for Harden and Paul to work their magic.

vlaurelio, Mr. Dominant and hakeem94 like this.
  9. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

its good when he is scorching hot but i could live with lower percentages if he only puts the ball on the floor more often, say 4-5 times a game

vlaurelio and Rockets FTW like this.
  10. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

I completely agree.

hakeem94 likes this.
  11. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

I think both things are true and Ryno's behavior echoes it every time he makes a 3. He has been under a tremendous strain and the feelings created toward others and the ones they had towards him are natural due to frustration and futility. At the same time, everyone in that locker room wants to win and no one was ever against him. They all want him to succeed maybe even more than he does. It makes perfect sense that they would support him and he would be genuinely happy after the struggles. He's a good guy. Very few set out to be a malcontent. He said it himself and I think he has his head around it after the game. Now that the trade season is over this is a tremendous chance to win a championship and it sounds like everybody is on the same page. Next offseason doesn't exist right now.

hakeem94 and DreamShook like this.
  12. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

Ryan, please stop thanking GOD after every shot you hit. He could care less and has much bigger issues to tackle, such as saving souls. GOD may be holding you back because of this disrespectful display of thanks for hitting a shot.

hakeem94 likes this.
  13. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

Why does Ryno always point to the heavens above after making a 3?

You're a pro nba player, you shouldn't be surprised you made a shot.

hakeem94 likes this.
  14. YOLO

YOLO Member

a lot of players do it. its pretty funny people are petty enough to be bothered by it when it has nothing to do with you personally

arubato, hakeem94 and The Hunted like this.
  15. pwnyxpress

pwnyxpress Contributing Member

He might also actually be doing it as recognition for his girlfriend who committed suicide a few years back...

hakeem94 likes this.
  16. pwnyxpress

Not surprise; again, probably recognition for his past girlfriend who committed suicide a few years ago.

17. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

Didn't he just propose to his current gf a year ago?

Not to be disrespectful, but I feel like him constantly thinking and giving recognition to his ex is disrespectful to his current fiance.

Also, just found out Ryan's current fiance has dated Blake Griffin and Terrell Owens....
    [​IMG]

https://www.foxsports.com/nba/story...-reality-star-girlfriends-tragic-death-022217

hakeem94 likes this.
  18. seeingred

seeingred Member

Ryno's shooting 39% from 3 on the year which is about what we expected/hoped for. I understand people want him to go 2 for 5 every night but that's nonsense talk. 3 point shooting is inherently high variance.

If you like the 6/10 nights then you need to accept the 1/7 nights as well. If you like the "50% from 3 over the last 5 games" then you need to accept the "20% from 3 over the last 10 games" too because that's how this works.

arubato, hakeem94 and Red Chocolate like this.
  19. seeingred

seeingred Member

We can debate whether the tooth fairy appreciates us giving thanks after passing an algebra test once the offseason starts. Let the man point to God, Buddha, the Cookie Monster or whoever the hell he wants.

The Hunted likes this.
  20. pwnyxpress

I think that he even got married to his current gf, so his wife now? At least fiance, I am not 100% sure.

I don't think it is disrespectful when it was someone he cared about who passed away at a young age. I doubt he puts the ghost of her ahead of his current relationships, but acknowledging her during made shots is not that much of an ask, in my opinion.

But hey, that part is between them...