1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bill Worrell has got to go.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by lightningferron, Apr 22, 2012.

Tags:
  1. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

bill needs calvin because without him he's trash. i don't mind bull and his dad jokes. clyde is terrible and there is no point having in behind a mic.

2. RiceRockets

RiceRockets Member

I like Bill but he should go enjoy a nice comfortable retirement. Ignoring his work quality or whatever, he shouldn’t waste his healthy years working all year round. He might regret it later.

BigggReddd, RasaqBoi and REEKO_HTOWN like this.
  3. Rocketeer4Life

All three of them need to go. But if i were to pick the order: Clyde first, Bill second and Matt third.
    Watching Rockets home games on League Pass or NBATv is like listening to nails scratching a chalk board or sandpaper. They are the worst in the league.

4. jumpman82

jumpman82 Member

Also hate it when he says "When you're hot, you're hot!" Cringe a bit every time he says it.

#584 jumpman82, Feb 11, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2018
  5. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

Bill needs to retire and Clyde needs to go.

Ackerman and Bull are a good combo.

When Bill wasn’t so old, Bill and Bull were good as well.

Clyde ruins everything.

Rocketeer4Life likes this.
  6. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

Is "the conductor" the lamest nickname in the history of all sports?

7. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

This thread is really sad. Bill Worrell is very much a large part of Rockets History. Look up Rockets highlight videos and you'll hear or see him. Championship videos and all. He's every bit of a Houston Legend as Hakeem, Murphy, Rudy, Clyde... and so forth. The man deserves to go out on his own terms unless he is physically incapable of doing the job. He may be a little out dated but all of us should enjoy him while we still can. He definitely doesn't have much time left. We'll have plenty of time to watch a Rockets game being announced by some dingbat with auto tune and new modern day catch phrases, when the man retires. Worrell, Murphy, peterson, foley, and lisa Malosky will always be the voice of the Houston Rockets... Bob Costas too since we were on NBC alot too back then... Those guys are like Records... eventually everyone will realize they are better than Cd's Mp3's and so forth...

8. Le$$

Le$$ Member

Yea i remember watching rockets like old time days when kenny smith maxwell had that old style game vs Kings. Lionell Simmons went off in that game, always remember bill saying simmons is on fire tonight! lol.. He was good, but times have changed because of the new crowd...

9. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Only pure fans know this knowledge you speak of

10. getbloodyred

getbloodyred Member

He's a true legend in Houston broadcasting. It'll be a sad day when he's done. Ackerman is a good addition, but I think one more should be brought into replace Clyde as we enter the new championship era in our franchise.

11. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

KD once rejected the "Slim Reaper" nickname and declared he wanted to be called "The Servant".

tmoney1101 likes this.
  12. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Right up there with the Ice Cream Man and Captain Hook.

J.R. likes this.
  13. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I like Ackerman on stream. Wish Clyde had a juicy but harmless scandal to disappear to.

What made Worrel and Calvin awesome was their chemistry. They had all these running jokes that doesn't normally work if you don't like them together.

Or maybe I was just a dumb kid then who thought they were really funny

ramotadab likes this.
  14. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

MAN, Now this thread is so damn incredibly disappointing. I’d be waiving a ban hammer on anyone in here that talks mess on Bill. He IS THE HOUSTON ROCKETS. CryoFreeze him already.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  15. OTMax

OTMax Member

Give Bill a guy like Calvin or someone else to keep him sharp and he will do fine again! Please stop bashing the legend, you will all miss him once he's gone. He's the voice of the Rockets and it will be a damn shame once he leaves. I really hope we win a trophy with him still around the organisation. It would be so great for him to retire watching another championship.

16. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

He deserves it. He deserves to go out on his own terms. He has earned the right to do so. He is a GREAT announcer. Ever watch Knicks or Nets games? Their announcers are terrible. Bill does his job, he calls what he sees on the court. The other two are supposed to be the ones making it entertaining. Maybe pair Bill up with the telemundo guy who announces soccer games and spazzes everytime there is a goal.

17. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

Gene and Jim on the radio, Bill and Calvin on TV. It was a golden age of Rockets broadcasting.

18. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

I've only had league pass since around 2006, but it's hard to imagine there ever having been a time that Worrell was good. Boggles my mind how many Rockets fans like the guy and are sad that he's finally, slowly being phased out. He barely understands the game, gets basic facts wrong constantly (and doesn't correct himself), and is just generally, audibly an old man. And how can anyone be OK with a guy that uses "defense" as a verb?

Ackerman + Bull is the GOAT combo.

19. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

what makes this trio of worrell, clyde, and bull unacceptable is their extreme laziness, both in-game and game preparation. clyde and bill are clearly just going thru the motions when they do these broadcasts and especially clyde is obviously just there for the paycheck. i don't mind bull together with ackerman, but the home games it's like he has to dumbdown his commentary for the other two and his schtick just gets tiresome game after game. their repetitive empty banter is a disservice to rockets fans

J.R. and 34to11 like this.
  20. Reeko

Reeko Member

You think the Knicks and Nets have terrible announcers? Really? They have the best announcers in the NBA by far, they are waaaayyyy better than the likes of Bill, it’s not even close.