1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Predict Capela's salary in Restricted FA and whether we match!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by iNoseBleedRed, Dec 3, 2017.

1. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

It's a seller's market. I see Clint getting between 15-20 a year, and since his cap hold is small maybe they can make that deal after Lebron signs :cool:

vince and daywalker02 like this.
  2. Nook

Nook Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

BigMaloe, kjayp, D-rock and 1 other person like this.
  3. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

As long as he does not sign anything until after we are done free agent shopping . . .. .

Rocket River

RudyTBag and D-rock like this.
  4. phantoman

phantoman Contributing Member

no point asking.. it will be the max, cause any team out there will offer him the max to hand cuff us.

5. YOLO

YOLO Member

nobody is giving a pick and roll center max

True Rocket and Nook like this.
  6. True Rocket

True Rocket Member

You gotta remember there are a lot of dumb GMs. They don’t understand that Harden is the reason why Clint plays so well.

Mazulis and D-rock like this.
  7. YOLO

YOLO Member

people want to use this as a reason but thats not something we have seen from the league within the past year or so. teams are still going to pay but not max money for these type of centers. during the cap spike 2-3 years ago yes, this may come into play but not anymore.

8. Nook

Nook Member

Not only that, but he can be pushed around inside at times and all of the teams know that Capela is in an absolute optimum position with Harden and Paul and a PF that stays on the perimeter. His numbers would take a hit almost anywhere else.

9. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

I could see him getting $18 per

luckyman76 likes this.
  10. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

There is almost 0% chance he will get the max. GMs arent dumb, well most of them arent. They know Cap is a product of the system and that he falls on a year where almost every team is looking to dump and not sign new money!

I am so happy its working out this way. Capella is not worth the max, and hopefully is going to be signed for $12-$14mil i would be sooo happy!

He will ofcourse wait to sign the offer sheet or with us after we are done wheeling and dealing.

Also will be interesting to see what happens on the DJ front too since he wants to come play here, and im sure that desire will only intensify once Lebron is here.!

AND OMG NOELS IS SO STUPID $70 million? LOL

RudyTBag likes this.
  11. phantoman

phantoman Contributing Member

dont under estimate what a team will do with good cap space willl do to hinder. I wont be surpsed

D-rock likes this.
  12. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

I pray and hope you are right. I think someone offers him between 15-18 but I am scared to death Mavs come in with max.

bilaal14 likes this.
  13. KALIKULI

KALIKULI Contributing Member

I would predict 4Yrs/$32M for Capela! Ariza will get 3yrs/$24M and proince Mbah a Moute will get 4yrs/$8M. CP3 4yrs/$120M, LBJ 2yrs/$50M and Anderson gone (buyout).

14. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Capela's salary will likely be at minimum double what your thinking, and potentially up to 2.5 times higher.

15. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

After our championship run... Clint will get in the range of 4/60 to 4/72 - depending on his playoff performance...
    GMs will understand his numbers are a product of the system... but there will be at least a few that will believe they have a facilitator who can properly utilize him....
    I'd love to have him back at that 4/60 number... but beyond that... I might look elsewhere...

16. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I would love to see Clint with a long-term, 15 million a year deal.

Watching him grow and develop with the Rockets has been so damn rewarding as a fan. We got a near 2nd round pick that could barely walk, and now his PER is top 10 in the entire NBA. So proud of this dude. The amount of work he does on his game behind the scenes is becoming legendary. As his minutes increase, his production and efficiency also increases.

20 years- 8 mpg - 12 PER
    21 years- 19 mpg - 18 PER
    22 years- 24 mpg - 21 PER
    23 years- 27mpg - 25 PER

Daryl Morey turned
    *Rafer Alston, Jeremy Lamb and Kevin Martin into James Harden. (Top 3 player in the NBA)
    *Unsigned FA, 32nd pick, 28th pick, 18th pick and Corey Brewer into Chris Paul. (Top 5 player in the NBA)
    *25th pick in the draft - Clint Capela
    *32 million for Ryno and Gordon
    *17 million for Ariza, Tucker and Moute

It is great to be a Houston Rocket fan. We need to enjoy it, because it won't last forever.

#176 RudyTBag, Feb 5, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2018
    YOLO and BigMaloe like this.
  17. vince

vince Member

Capela is still improving and touching his true potential. He is a hard worker and is getting significantly stronger each progressing season. He has become a respectable FT shooter to boot.

I think he is going to be in a the range of 4 yr $72 million. And though he may benefit from the system, he is still a special talent; if not Black and any other big man who plays for the Rockets would easily replicate Capelas production.

18. sTeKcOr22

sTeKcOr22 Member

If Morey is serious about changing that stigma he has, he'll pony up and pay him.

I just honestly feel like there's better options at C. At the same time, Capela/Harden was vastly more successful than Harden/Howard.

19. sTeKcOr22

sTeKcOr22 Member

If I were to guess a offer sheet, I'll say 4 year/85 million.

20. D-rock

D-rock Member

Sign big money contracts for Clint + Nerlens? Why?? But agree that Rockets are in driver’s seat due tos supply greater than demand.