1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Rockets pushing for a RYNO trade before the deadline

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Jan 25, 2018.

1. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Swapping Anderson out....

BigMaloe, malakas, J Sizzle and 8 others like this.
  2. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

In this scenario we got rid of Gordon and Anderson for Lebron.

ApacheWarrior and D-rock like this.
  3. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

I never said Anderson would help us beat the Warriors. I said that the only way that he could help us beat them would be for Steve Kerr to follow your bad advice.

I watch every game and have missed maybe a total of 5 games since 1994 with the exception of the year they could only be watched on Comcast when I missed about half a season of non-nationally televised games before succumbing to Comcast.

You've dropped hints in your last two emails to me that I'm not paying attention. Your last one started with "You back?"

I never left. I suffer from more than 10 chronic illnesses, any one of which would qualify me for disability, but have continued to work and to catch every Rockets game. I don't even miss a single possession. My work and my illnesses have meant I don't post as often as I once did but I always lurk and post as often as I'm able and from the D-Mo debacle to now you have made repeatedly insane suggestions (we'll never win if we don't have a more creative PG than Harden was a favorite but you really outdid yourself over D-Mo) and assurances none of which ever bear out.

And now you're suggesting GSW give Anderson open looks? Again, that one of the dumbest things they could do so, while I'm not surprised you suggested they would do it, there's no way they'll do what you promise they will. I WISH Kerr was as wrong as you are. If he did what you swear he will do he would make Anderson a star player for us when he just isn't one.

You figured out the one way to make Anderson effective for us and said that Kerr would implement that one way. That's too crazy not to reply to. And I only ever reply to your posts for fun because they're so frigging nuts. I'm not arguing or debating. I'm just pointing out a lot of silliness.

4. Bobsputin

Bobsputin Member

and Nene?

5. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

p.s. to 'holic...

Are you even a fan of the Rockets? No matter what this team achieves all you ever do is complain. Do you even enjoy it when the Rockets win? Serious question. Because it really, really seems like you don't. It's befuddling to me how someone that has so much hate for this team would constantly post about it. Why not post on a forum for whichever team you actually like?

6. SS0101

SS0101 Member

Don't you know he is an insider o_O
    Err...he has inside sources.. o_Oo_O
    oh...and he is their mouthpiece o_O:rolleyes:o_O:rolleyes:

Codman likes this.
  7. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

I love the ignore feature on this board. I actually forgot all about Jopat.

hakeem94 and snowconeman22 like this.
  8. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

deadline in 4 days, will Morey make a move?

Codman likes this.
  9. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

I don’t think you do if you are him.

Just hope that Anderson makes up for last year.

10. roslolian

roslolian Member

What kind of logic puts Ryan freaking Anderson next to Chris Paul and James Harden? Only an ROF would do something this dumb. "Oh yeah Chris Paul and James Harden have been sucking it up in the playoffs just like Ryan Anderson. Take a taste of your own logic"

7 pts 4.2 rebs 0.7 assists
    21 pts 4.4 rebs 9 assists
    20.7 pts 5.2 rebs 5.2 assists

RoF alert :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

11. roslolian

roslolian Member

I agree with you, but since he is not aggressive and passes shots up then he sucks.

MarioKissoDeath likes this.
  12. roslolian

roslolian Member

Yay! The guy whose only role is to shoot is finally scoring over 10 pts :rolleyes:

What a scrub!​

13. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Ryan Anderson was auditioning for a Cavs spot last night 5-9 from 3’s

Quicken Loans Arena ready

& 1 nice dunk

D-rock likes this.
  14. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

I say yes.

With RJ Hunter and M Brown contracts the Rockets are flirting slightly above the Hard Cap/apron.

Might be important to be under the luxury tax limit this season.

We still need to add buyout guys. Bogut is waiting. Monroe is in a holding pattern for some reason.
    Reports are Boston is looking into Tyreke Evans and Lou Williams. They act perplexed as to why
    Monroe hasn’t signed their agreed deal from Friday yet.

BigMaloe likes this.
  15. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

BigMaloe likes this.
  16. valorita

valorita Member

Nene should be the third center not our primary backup.
    We need a reliable backup to Clint or an upgrade.

17. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

i think there are small moves that can make a big impact for us. i doubt a ryno trade or something that big happens, but i bet we get a backup C or PG.

if i'm morey i'm shopping around with only nanu/troy and maybe black only if i get another center. here's who i think we could get using those contracts and maybe a 2nd round pick as a sweetener if need be:

Dedmon
    O'Quinn
    Speights
    Len
    Koufos
    Dinwiddie
    MCW
    Jerian Grant
    Barea

i like the C options a lot more than the PGs. koufos is the worst of the Cs and the most expensive. len is due for a payday this summer. spieghts is the cheapest and best on offense but worst on defense. KOQ and dedmon produce on both ends, rebound well, and are locked into cheap deals. i give the edge to dedmon since he hits the 3 and provides real hight which we don't have.

J Sizzle, ApacheWarrior and D-rock like this.
  18. D-rock

D-rock Member

Nerlens Noel or Mo Speights

19. KALIKULI

KALIKULI Contributing Member

Morey might not be able to pull That rabbit ofo the hat for better replacement for Ryno! His more likely will buyout his contract for next season. That's what I think!

20. basketballholic

Dude, you're back was a reference to you responding to my post. That's all. Get off it. I've prayed for you and your health conditions. I'm not mean spirited that way.

Now back to Anderson. I'm not giving advice. I'm describing what good defensive opponents are doing. They're giving Anderson the loooooong home run 25-29 foot three ball and simply trying to distract him until and unless he starts making it.

The Cavs, my friend, may be the WORST defense in the NBA right now. They're not even trying. They're a mess. You are attempting to use that game to prove your point. That game is useless.

Anybody that watches the games, specifically the games against the better trends and better defenses can see what opponents are doing to us with Anderson. They're challenging Anderson to beat them from deep.

nomiz1987 likes this.