1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Mutual Interest between Joe Johnson and Houston

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Feb 2, 2018.

1. bigbodymoe

bigbodymoe Contributing Member

I'll also add this. In this day and age where you have feature elite shooting from 3 to compete for a title, LeBron would not (I don't believe) go to a team where he and 2nd player they're building around are both passive outside shooters, with one of those being a brick thrower in Lonzo.

2. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

Didn't ch44 say Iso Joe was forcing his way to OKC? He would be a good pick up for us.

don grahamleone likes this.
  3. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Joe Johnson! Yes, I have been hoping for a buyout for him and have been talking him up since December if you guys remember. 3pt shooting, can create his own shot. Would be a perfect fit here.

As for LBJ. Good to be on the short list. :)

4. cyberx

cyberx Member

I see the Lakers being able to get Paul George and LBJ together possibly. You can have the 2 of them with Ingram, Ball, Kuzma. I know this is the plan, but lots
    I could see this as well.

Von Rafer, malakas, amaru and 5 others like this.
  5. Reeko

Reeko Member

crazy that we’ve gone from the debacle that was the 15-16 season to acquiring CP3 and possibly Lebron

6. J.R.

J.R. Member

7. BleedsRocketRed

I'm a huge fan of JJ but this year dude has been washed up. Just down all across the board at all aspects of the game. It's worth a shot on the cheap and who know, maybe he's looking bad because he's on the Jazz. **** the Jazz.

8. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

I've seen Joe play small ball 4 before. He could help us with his versatility

9. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Man, F that. They already have Carmelo, they can't add the "poor man's Melo." Presti needs to stop stealing Morey's targets.

10. Reeko

Reeko Member

so many questions with LA

1. their head coaching situation

2. their FO is new and hasn’t proven themselves

3. they’re young guys have no playoff experience

11. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Yes yes F the Jazz.

Johnson has one more run in him. He is my age. That's about what I have left in me too lol

12. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Can you tell us if we are getting better looking uniforms? we don't want any more superstars wearing that crap Les forced on them

13. ROXonROXonROX

ROXonROXonROX Member

JJ at this point plays a very good PF. He’s an underrated defender and a very strong guy. I promise he will give you more at 36-37 or how ever old he is than a younger Anderson at that same position.

14. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I just do not see the Lakers. He is either going to the Rockets are staying with Cavs, or forming some super team somewhere.

saleem and DonKnock like this.
  15. Redfish81

Redfish81 Member

I never see anyone mention this, but Chris Paul is a free agent after this season. Why are we so sure Paul and Lebron won't go somewhere else together?

You add those two to a lot of teams and they become contenders.

waytookrzy079 likes this.
  16. photojoe

photojoe Member

The Rockets have the likely MVP on their team, one of the best PGs of all time (and one of LBJ's best friends) and are clearly the second best team in the league, competing with a historically great team.

Unless a miracle happens, I don't see any way that the Lakers can become a more attractive destination from a winning perspective. Kuzma and Ingram are nice young players now and might be all stars in 5 years, but that's outside James' timeline

everyday eddie and Richie_Rich like this.
  17. J.R.

J.R. Member

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

18. JonRetro

JonRetro Contributing Member

maybe the most disgusting season as a rockets fan (been one since 1993). didnt help that the astros in 2016 were mediocre and kept gettin whooped by the rangers... 2016 was not a year for Houston sports

Nook likes this.
  19. photojoe

photojoe Member

That's true. But by all accounts, CP3 is happier here than he has been in a long time. Of course that might change, but it seems like he wants to be here.

20. Lando

Lando Member