1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Magic @ Rockets 1/30/2018

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 29, 2018.

1. onreego

onreego Member

Does Colin just like to be the contrarian to every MVP frontrunner for each season? Real question since I didn't pay much attention to him until last season when he was bashing WB.

Let's also forget that Gordon went down in the game, which I saw might be questionable for Thursday. That's a big hit if so. :(

2. Remlap

Remlap Member

I still consider Hakeem to be the greatest to don a Rockets uni (so far).
    But to throw water on Harden like this is unbelievable.
    The FIRST 60pt triple double in NBA history and all of these sports pundits are trying to downplay it?
    If it was LBJ or Steph they would be simply GUSHING.
    Wouldn't matter if it was against the Washington Generals they would be gushing.
    Amazing the amount of bias against Harden, Rockets and MDA

3. J.R.

J.R. Member

"Are Harden's stats inflated by D'Antoni?"

LOL These hot takes make my head hurt.

Doug Gottlieb:

It was an incredible offensive performance. These are stats on steroids, not just because D'Antoni but the fact he makes every play. It's a great night, he might be the MVP, probably should have been 3 years ago but end of the day, no one thinks D'Antoni will make his team guard in the playoffs, Harden might be his team's best player but doesn't play any defense and all it is confirmation bias that what we saw in game six was a player quitting. If this is what he's capable, last year vs. San Antonio should be doubly-embarrassing.

4. Mr. Space City

what is d'antoni's "system" other than ride the coattails of a HOF player?

put the ball in his hands and score and assist?

most of hardens scoring plays were iso's.

anybody on clutchfans can draw up an isolation play.

5. BigTex

BigTex Member

He's basically a Lebron only fan. Thinks Lebron is always the MVP. If Lebron had the same exact game he would have thrown him a one man parade. He had sisqo make a Lebron is MVP song last year lol. He also doesn't watch many NBA games. Definitely didn't watch Hardens game last night.

6. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

the media whores are not going to allow harden to be named mvp. period.

morey might as well clown them and just rub their imbecilic faces in their own feces:

"of course harden is not the mvp -- bspn can't make money off of him"

"of course harden will never be mvp -- the mvp is awarded to the player who looked best in the previous season's playoffs. don't you remember watching westbrook defeat the warriors 4-1 couple years ago?"

"the mvp trophy should only be given to players with average to below average coaches, that's why harden is disqualified this season. we are considering bringing back mchale to make james eligible once again however"

don grahamleone likes this.
  7. Stormy1234

Stormy1234 Member

8. Stormy1234

Stormy1234 Member

9. skroodup25

skroodup25 Member

this is terrible...just terrible....

10. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

James Harden just put up 60 points, 10 rebounds, and 11 assists

Took less than 24 hours for the media to use this against Harden

I'll believe he wins MVP when I see it. He's simply a punching bag.

11. J.R.

J.R. Member

Look,

Chris Paul is there, he has too much help. Chris Paul isn't there, well he can just stat pad & take all the shots he wants! You give anyone all the shots they want, I bet they too can get a 60-point triple double! I'm not impressed.

Mike D'Antonio & Kevin McHale made James Harden! Without them, he probably wouldn't even be in the league! Those coaches help pad stats!

And your triple double? While I told you it was great last year & why I voted for Westbrook for MVP, meh, who cares now? Anyone and everyone gets a triple double in today's NBA. They aren't that special.

- Sincerely,

NBA twitter & NBA media

:D:rolleyes:

12. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

13. simon_!

simon_! Member

can person who cant even swim win the mvp?

14. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Efficiency yet still volume scoring:

James Harden just became the second player to score at least 60 points on 30 attempts. Other than Bernard King, everyone else needed more shots to achieve this feat.

D-rock likes this.
  15. Stormy1234

Stormy1234 Member