1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rockets Trade Ideas - 2017-18

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 25, 2017.

1. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Ryno and a pick to Orlando for speights and Biyombo.

Front court depth and get a guy who can hit from outside in speights.

j@amc and D-rock like this.
  2. fattz

fattz Member

Sign Andrew Bogut
    Then
    Trade for Love with Capela, Anderson, and pick if needed.
    Then
    Start Black but pull even quicker than Capela was 2 season ago and finish games with Bogut and Nene. Why start Black because he is rotation worthy and gets better and better with playing time plus the other two don’t need “extra” playing time -> both need the “right” time to play. PLUS CP3/Harden/Love will cover up anything that Black could do wrong.
    Platoon please

CP3, Harden, Ariza, Love, (platoon)

Then

Next Season
    CP3, Harden, OPEN, Love, OPEN
    Best case: Lebron and Jordan take the open spots...
    Worst case: CP3 walks this off season and we have two AllStars that fit well together and are the same age and in their primes. Hedging our bets is the smart play. Lebron probably is not coming here we need to make the Rockets as strong as possible for as long as possible. Love gives us both signed for years to come AND would benefit from a change of scenery => better role like his Tpup days.

#542 fattz, Jan 27, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2018
  3. j@amc

j@amc Member

Can someone explain our second rounder in the upcoming draft? I'm pretty sure we still have at least one selection, but I'm not sure where it falls at this point. Thanks!

4. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Looking at RealGM. It is the least favorable of Memphis/Miami/Charlotte
    So at the moment they are reporting it as Memphis 2nd rounder.

Please correct me if I’m wrong anyone.

Edited: sorry after looking again. I believe it goes to Philadelphia

#544 ApacheWarrior, Jan 27, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2018
  5. D-rock

D-rock Member

Like it, but no pick. Biyombo's contract sucks as much as Ryno's, maybe more.

Speights is good, but rather have the younger guy with upside, Hezonja.

6. j@amc

j@amc Member

Well, of course. Who wouldn't want to pick up Hezonja as a throw in? I'd add Troy into Biyombo for Anderson swap and maybe add another young Rocket if we could add Hezonja. But sadly, at this point the Magic want a lot more if they're adding a former first round pick, even if he's expiring. If only we had a second rounder to add to this deal. . .

D-rock likes this.
  7. jch1911

jch1911 Member

I think we would get Miami's pick right now

8. MourningWood

MourningWood Contributing Member

HOU: Babbitt
    ATL: Nanu

Cheap, 6'9" vet on an expiring who can play spot minutes at the 4; .466 above-the-break 3pt% / .407 25-29 ft. 3pt%.

9. D-rock

D-rock Member

Babbitt, Uthoff, Cam Oliver, heck Steve Novak looks good right now. If all it takes is Nanu, pull the trigger.

fattz likes this.
  10. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

I don’t know if Orlando would do it without the pick.

But sure if Morey could make that move without giving a pick I’d be all over it.

Biyombo makes enough that it’d keep the rockets over the cap this summer and he could be moved in a potential Lebron sign and trade.

11. D-rock

D-rock Member

If no Ryno, Orlando would need to give up a pick so team can take Bismack off their hands.

12. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Maybe.

The only thing is that BB is 4 years younger than Ryno and on a better team he might actually provide some value as a rotation big. And by the end of their contracts Biyombo will be about 4 mil cheaper than Ryno.

I agree it’s not a good contract but if we’re talking easier to move in the future I’d bet biyombo’s would be easier to deal.

If the Rockets are going to push for a Lebron deal in the off season I’d rather have a younger, little cheaper guy like Biyombo than to be trying to find a taker for Ryno again.

D-rock likes this.
  13. MourningWood

HOU: Avery Bradley, Boban Marjanovic
    DET: Ryan Anderson, Isaiah Hartenstein, least favorable of MEM-CHA-MIA '18 2nd, '20 1st

No coach in the league has a stronger affinity for Ryno than SVG. He instilled a lot of confidence in him as a young player with ORL and the fit next to Drummond makes a lot of sense.

HOU gets a ferocious on-ball defender playing to get paid this summer; hits left-corner 3 at 44.9% / right-corner 46.7%. He has shown up big against GSW the past few years. Marjanovic is an insurance policy at the 5. Easily moved this summer, if need be. Could also take on more salary here (Tolliver, possibly).

tjpatel2 and snowconeman22 like this.
  14. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

We arent paying any hefty contracts next year.... only to lebron james. sorry.

15. MourningWood

Bradley's expiring, Tolliver's expiring, and as I mentioned, Marjanovic, at 1 year/$7 mil, could be unloaded.

16. fattz

fattz Member

Seeing Cam Oliver—> knowing he was able to blend in the offensive and defensive sets by playing off of others teammates without the ball and could block shots from the backside. I thought he was going to be our X factor for years to come. Like a home grown Luc. Then after an injury he was just gone.

D-rock likes this.
  17. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

I wonder what it would take to pry Salah Mejri away from Dallas .... He'd be a damn good backup for Capela , plays long , good defender & rebounder and I think he'd be a good PnR guy.

He's a RFA after this season with a QO under $2m but on the wrong side of 30 .....

Would Dallas deal him for .... Black & a 2nd ?

18. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

You don't want Expiring Contracts because you need contracts to move to bring in next years big FA/trade target. You want contracts that expire after NEXT season , not this one.

bilaal14, luckyman76 and jch1911 like this.
  19. do work son

do work son Member

besides the fact that he's really not good, ariza definitely has beef with him. can't imagine we're trading for guys that our current players don't like.

20. D-rock

D-rock Member

Carlisle actually plays the Mej, he doesn't play Noel. Mavs like Mejri.

Corrosion likes this.