1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Pelicans 1/26/2018

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 25, 2018.

1. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Lol our offense "sucks"

Daddy Long Legs likes this.
  2. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

as long as Davis is healthy, they will finish over .500

3. YOLO

YOLO Member

I don't think so

4. Rocketeer4Life

Assistant defensive coach Jeff Bzdelik better improve our defense soon. Defense has been inconsistent despite wins to say the least.

5. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Mike D Antoni is the the most stubborn coach I have ever seen since Jeff Van Gundy, with bad rotations and continuing with old washed up players. I really miss Rudy Tomjanovich and Rick Adelman they adjusted and give players a chance even rookies a chance within the game. Kyle Lowry developed and turned into an All Star now because of Rick Adelman. Daryl Morey really has failed not drafting Point Guards, Small Forwards, Power Forward for this roster. No 1st rounder again this year. Daryl needs to find another Kyle Lowry, Goran Dragic Coming off the bench, through trades again. We have European assets and 2nd rounders. Carl Landry with his energy defense and dunks.

smp, pippendagimp and OTMax like this.
  6. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

The national broadcast was awful, i bet the new orleans broadcasters werent even as biased as Hubie. I get that he normally roots for the team that is losing to get back into the game, well in this case we were down the entire game and he was all pelicans all the way to the end. Just terrible when national broadcasters should show no bias towards either team.

hakeem94, Fyreball, Jontro and 2 others like this.
  7. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Yeah Hubie straight dislikes the Rockets. Don't give me the "he cheers for the team behind" bullshit because he has yet to it for any game he has announced for us. I go back to his "ughhh" groan when Harden hit the game winner jumper against the Mavs in the playoffs. It's engrained in my mind everytime I hear him speak.

BigShasta, Fyreball, J.R. and 2 others like this.
  8. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

i agree that it has been inconsistent, but Jeff can only do so much. He can set them a plan on how to play defence, but it is on the players to carry it out

9. smp

smp Member

In the game tonight he said it was unfortunate that the Rockets outscored the Pelicans 14-7 in the final minutes last time they played. He definitely doesn't like the Rockets. One thing we have to acknowledge though is that we have a ton of national games this year. More than I can remember from the past.

BigShasta likes this.
  10. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

MDA is coaching the all stars blah blah blah... he is such a dumba** too.... the offense from the bench is nonexistent besides gordon. Why not bringing in the shooter who has proven to that he can hit the big shots and drive in when possible. SMH...... Green hasnt even played with Harden and Paul. Dude would do some much better... IMO if he plays today, we win the game.

Stupid MDA, hope he gets his head out of his a** soon.

Cant wait until the trade deadline and buyout market gets clear.

ramotadab and Stormy1234 like this.
  11. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

What did Zhou Qi do to not play a single second, Mike DAntoni really keep Grudges or something. Last years playoffs continuing with a 7 man rotation, Nene injured, during the Spurs, Not playing Montrezl Harrell, Sam Dekker, Troy Williams. At least give them a chance, There is a saying "Go down swinging" what does Mike do let the Young players on the Spurs beat them Johnathan Simmon, Kyle Anderson, Bryn Forbes. Hats of to Popovich even though he looks stubborn he gives players a chance, even when Tony Parker, Kawhi Leonard injured, Gregg Popovich went deep into his bench to max out his bench, it worked vs Hou, regardless of the GSW sweep these Players are benefitting now, Johnathan Simmons got a big Contract in Orlando, Kyle Anderson, Bryn Forbes look really good. I wish Daryl knew how to draft in the 1st round Kawhi Leonard for example, that Marcus Morris pick still hurts this team now.

bro2044 likes this.
  12. smp

smp Member

Harden, Tucker, and Anderson had bad games tonight but we were still in it on the road. I'll take it. We can't win them all.

Anderson has straight up turned into a scrub. I don't care if he was making the minimum, I would still want him gone. I don't even want to see him on the court if he plays for free. There's no GM out there dumb enough to take him off our hands. We are stuck with him.

Matt Maloney, Stromile Swift, and Kelvin Cato would like to welcome Anderson to their club.

bro2044, BigShasta, kevtse and 2 others like this.
  13. Shaq2Yao

Shaq2Yao Member

How disappointing. I was hopping for them to go 71-0 this season!

I guess 70-1 will have to do.:eek:

hakeem94 likes this.
  14. fattz

fattz Member

Hard not to wonder why coach coaches the way he does. DM has put together a better team then was PLAYED tonight.

15. HorryForThree

HorryForThree Member

Ryno might not have been an upgrade to Tucker, but to say "Tucker defended well" is mind boggling. Consistently giving up rebounds and getting out of position, biting on pump fakes, having guys easily get around you on the way to the hoop, etc. hardly counts as 'defending well.'

hakeem94 likes this.
  16. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

Yup, played like **** our front court struggled heavely, at least the spurs lost

Pen15clubber likes this.
  17. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Gerald Green I feel so bad him now and in the playoffs he will never play, Gerald Green is such a different player now, He has become a sharpshooter and uses both hands to dribble toward the basket, I wish he could start over Ariza, Ariza is so slow defensively anyway, make Ariza come off the bench with Chris Paul is coming off the bench for rest. But hey politics on the teammates and coaches. He deserves to play in the rotation, if Gerald didn't play during Hardens injury, the Rockets would've been blown out by 30 to GSW instead of 10, and been on a losing streak. Mike DAntoni never seems to appreciate bench points, or who is the hot hand, Young Shot Blocker Zhou Qi when it's a layup line from Pelican bench players, put Zhou in those minutes, common sense is lacking in Mike DAntoni and coaching staff.

18. rockets13champs

Since Ryan is out of the rotation.. can we bring Gerald back in?

19. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Clint Capela is a average shot blocker, quite shocking he is top 5 in blocked shots, Zhou Qi may become a Starter 2 seasons from now, as a Power Forward, He is quite thin now, but why not give him 10 minutes each night, his Shot blocking is elite right now, His wingspan is the longest in the league, I think. plus he has lateral quickness to keep up with quicker guards. 7-10 minutes is not asking too much, Tariq Black should not be playing 28 minutes, ridiculous. Gerald Green, Zhou Qi, Even Markel Brown is really talented off the bench. Tucker, Anderson, Ariza cannot create their own shot, off the dribble, is becoming a problem in the offense.

BigShasta likes this.
  20. TexasRedd

TexasRedd Member

Yeah dantoni is bullshitting. Play G green wtf take out sorry ass Ryan Anderson

Stormy1234 and bilaal14 like this.