1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Can former Rocket Eric Gordon and the Suns bounce back against the Timberwolves? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Kyle O'Quinn

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ipaman, Jan 23, 2018.

1. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

Two words lol

SIL

2. jch1911

jch1911 Member

Traded soon?

Kyle O'Quinn (left calf) has been ruled out for Tuesday's game against the Warriors.
    The calf issue has been bothering O'Quinn since Christmas, so he could miss Thursday's game against the Nuggets as well.

3. D-rock

D-rock Member

O'Quinn is good trade option depending on price. Other options are Kostas Koufas and Nerlens Noel.

Walter "Edy" Tavares is another low cost option (no trade needed) just needs to be signed away from foreign team he's currently playing for.

4. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

actually been thinking about leaving since there are better rox communities elsewhere lately which is too bad because I'm a 99 lurker & '02 contributor. you and the others are part of the noob invasion that refused to integrate into the existing well established community and instead have changed the community for the worst imo. now i just sound like an old man now so get off my lawn!!!

Corrosion likes this.
  5. ipaman

The bottom line, there are several options that are better than Black and a few better than Nene so I hope Morey pulls the trigger. O'Quinn is a sourced rumor so I'm sure Morey would like to beat GSW again no matter what the game is.

6. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Another Beard ?
    [​IMG]

I'll allow it

Rocket River

7. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

Given Dantonis rotation, you think he'd play Quinn over Nene. Also got to factor salary into this, who would we send for Quinn? And why would NYK do it?

And what does "Quinn is a sourced rumor", mean?

Does Quinn deserve his own thread?

SIL

8. ipaman

Clutch has said that sourced rumors deserve their own threads since they are not random trades so yes it does noob. And again you don't read the actual content, I already made the case that going after O'Quinn is more about Morey making sure GSW doesn't get him than us needing him even though I think he is an upgrade over Black and Nene.

9. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

Oh man....this made me lol. Alright grandpa, I think it's time for you to get with the program.

SIL

10. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

[​IMG]

11. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

Codman or someone else mentioned him before the start of the season when Melo was rumored to come to Htown

12. ipaman

2nd time i post this now noob.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/22180036/what-new-york-knicks-do-trade-deadline-nba
    "O'Quinn has certainly outperformed his contract," said David Jacober, a strategic planning consultant for NBA teams. "His diversity on offense makes him attractive to a number of teams, such as Houston and Golden State."

don grahamleone likes this.
  13. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

no need to be insulting there @ipaman , I honestly don't see where you posted this link in the first place.

14. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

and honestly I don't see any evidence that "apparently Morey is too" [after this guy that is]. Where is your evidence for that claim?

15. ipaman

I have none, leave the thread, nothing to see here.

Os Trigonum likes this.
  16. mkahanek

mkahanek Member

Ain't nothing until

[​IMG]

Weighs in.

don grahamleone and ipaman like this.
  17. Nivos

Nivos Member

Yes please!
    We need an enforcer. Someone that players like this punk Austin Rivers will think twice before opening their mouth. Someone that can intimidate in the paint or face beasts like Steven Adamas . At the monent Nene is the only muscle we have, and even he is too nice and cant really rely on him comes Playoffs.
    I like Black, but for intimidation and nastyness that we badly need, I will take Oquinn.

#39 Nivos, Jan 23, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2018
    ipaman likes this.
  18. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

[​IMG]

don grahamleone likes this.