1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Car Body Shop recommendations

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Roscoe Arbuckle, Jan 22, 2018.

1. Roscoe Arbuckle

I would like to replace both of my bumpers on a late model BMW, but I want to buy the parts myself and I'm looking for a shop that would be ok with that, rather than using their own place for parts and overcharging for them.

Anyone have a recommendation on a place that would do this?

2. theimpossibles1

Auto Service Tershana. Run by an eastern European guy named Burim. Has saved me soooo much time and money.

First and only mechanic I truly trust. Found him years ago and would never go elsewhere now.

Super nice, absolutely fair on prices/service. I always buy my own parts and he is fine with that. Usually gets it done same day.

Located in League City area.

Has a perfect 5 star rating on Google. Just noticed perfect 5/5 on Facebook too. Just checked yelp - yup. 5/5. Unheard of from mechanics. Guy is probly gonna get a flood of business from this post.

#2 theimpossibles1, Jan 22, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2018
    Roscoe Arbuckle likes this.
  3. theimpossibles1

To give a personal example of how awesome he is....

Once I had driven too fast through high water. My car started making a horrible metallic noise. Called Burim and he said bring it in.

Immediately drove up there. He put the car on his hydraulic lift, bent the heat shield back in place (that was the problem), and said there you go.

I of course said "how much?" He says no charge. Considering he just took his time and used his expensive equipment I was shocked, but let me tell you, that's Burim in a nutshell.

Tipped him $20 and was on my merry way.

Fyi every time he does work for me I am blown away by the bottom line, in the best possible way. Labor prices are beyond fair.

4. Roscoe Arbuckle

Awesome. Thanks!

theimpossibles1 likes this.
  5. huypham

huypham Contributing Member

nice, following - i got the exact same need on my '08 328i, any place closer than league city?

6. Roscoe Arbuckle

If you can find a good one, distance is nearly irrelevant.

7. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

Aquilina on Dallas near Taft is the best mechanic I've ever had, but he's primarily a body shop. Years ago, he could have chosen to tell me to get major engine work done for a couple of grand, but instead just said to keep an eye on the fluids and it'll run fine.