1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is DeMarcus Cousins a better fit for Rockets than LeBron?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ballscientist1, Jan 14, 2018.

1. Patterned919

Patterned919 Member

I’d take a decent number of players over Lebron but not Cousins. Dude is a head case.

The benefit to Lebron over Paul George, even though you’re losing out on defense, 3pt shooting, and having a younger player is that you’re also dismantling your 2nd biggest hurdle to a championship similar to GS taking KD from OKC who had nearly eliminated them. Lebron-ball also fits this team so it’s not going to be a situation where he forces other players to fit to his style. It’s naturally a good fit.

#61 Patterned919, Jan 15, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2018
    D-rock likes this.
  2. Alvin Choo

Alvin Choo Member

Between Lebron and Cousins? I choose Lebron.

But if I were to choose any player in the NBA, I would go KD, AD, Giannis and Kawhi before I choose Lebron.

fattz likes this.
  3. RestHarden

RestHarden Member

Physically yes of course he would be. But you still wouldn't take him over Lebron. Not sure D'Antoni would play him more than 20 MPG anyway.

4. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

He'd buy in.

SlL

5. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

I agree Lebron is a better fit than Boogie, but regarding boogie in this offense, I think whatever minute amp by you lost in hops at the center position you’d gain it back 100 fold in other areas.

Remember Asik use to run the same pick and roll with Harden. Asik has bad hands and no hops. Cousins has much better hands and he might not have Capela hops but he can still catch lobs.

But you’d throw another element into the offense because right now if Capela is setting the roll man he is definitely diving to the rim.

With Boogie the defense wouldn’t be able to just key on that because he could also pop out and shoot.

You’d add more variance into your offense. More ways to keep defenses on their toes. And if you think the middle is wide open with Capela, it’s be insanely open with Boogie.

6. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

Lebron can get away with that playing the 4 in the east years ago but he could never get away with that in the West, especially at his age and declining defense. Lebron DWS is lower than hardens

7. hakeemthagreat

I don't think that's true. As I stated before, Lebron is a DIVA. When things are going good he needs to be praised as the ONLY reason his team is winning. But when he loses he's leaking rumors to his media pals on "where he could go next year". The Rockets don't need that constant one foot in one foot out mentality. I'd actually take PG & AD over Lebron

8. ClearLakeTX

ClearLakeTX Member

Paul George.... he a young 2 way star and doesn’t care about sharing the ball

9. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

It hasn't been a secret who Lebron was signing with twice now, I'm not sure why it would be this time. He's either staying in Cleveland or going team banana boat and they'll know early enough.

10. solid

solid Contributing Member

I really don't like the idea of "buying" a "superteam." It is much more meaningful for players who are drafted to grow into a champion. Buying a team like GS did just seems kind of unfair.

11. J.R.

J.R. Member

Rockets don't draft, they buy.

Golden State did buy Durant but their core is home grown.

Drafted Curry, Thompson, Green, Barnes, Ezeli...

DRAFTED
    Jordan Bell
    Stephen Curry
    Draymond Green
    Damian Jones
    Kevon Looney
    Patrick McCaw
    Klay Thompson

SIGNED
    Chris Boucher
    Omri Casspi
    Quinn Cook
    Kevin Durant
    Andre Iguodala
    Shaun Livingston
    JaVale McGee
    Zaza Pachulia
    David West
    Nick Young

D-rock likes this.
  12. OTMax

OTMax Member

I’ll take PG, Cousins and some others over Lebron.

13. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

No.....Capella fits better.

DD

14. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

100% rather have Lebron. Idk if they can keep Capela too but I do know Deanre Jordan would come play C for peanuts if the lineup included Paul, Harden and Lebron. I'm guessing they'd have to dump damn near everyone, Ariza, Anderson, Gordon maybe. But with those 4, just get a guy like Gerald Green to play 3 spot. Athletic wing guys who will run their asses off.

15. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

You dont know that

Reeko likes this.
  16. Normalus

Normalus Member

When it's between Cousins & LeBron...you choose the one who would be whining less.

17. D-rock

D-rock Member

Rather choose the one who WINS more.

18. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I am no LeBron fan and I have my share of criticism of him being a diva. But show me a top player who is NOT as diva.

And as someone has pointed out, we don't need LeBron to commit to the Rockets for life. This is probably his last big free agency anyway. All we need is two to three years within Harden's prime year.

That said, I am not a fan of superfriend teams, even if that team is the Rockets. So I won't be mad if the banana boat collusion doesn't materialize.

Anyway, this thread is about Cousins over LeBron and that crazy.

19. hakeemthagreat

Yea but Lebron is on a different level. If the team is winning he'll be taking ALL the praise. But if we start losing and our chances of winning a ring start decreasing, better believe he's going to be leaking information to his media pals about problems with other teammates & where he might end up next year. The Rockets will be a complete CIRCIUS with Lebron here. Do NOT want

20. theimpossibles1

Can't argue with that logic.