1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Yao's comments on his bbs about FT after portland game

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by pershing, Dec 10, 2003.

1. pershing

pershing New Member

It happened again. I am really sick of it. I am feeling tremendous (if not the biggest) challenge psychologically.....
    Am I going to work overtime (on free throws)? My mom said it was not necessary, cuz it is not technical problem obviously....It seems like I have to wait till next time and MAKE IT!!!

2. WNBA

WNBA Member

He needs to hire somebody to kick his ass and pay a little fine,say one double clutch misses=100K

3. pershing

pershing New Member

original chinese post on sohu.com was titled: FT, FT, FT

Ö÷Ìâ: ·£Çò£¬·£Çò£¬·£Çò 2003-12-10 ÏÂÎç1:44

ÓÖÊÇÕâÖÖÇé¿ö¡£ÎÒÒѾ_Ñá¾ëÁË¡£Ò»ÖÖÐÄÀíµÄÀú³Ì£¬´ÓÔ_À´µÄ¶Ô·£ÇòÂú»³ÐÅÐÄ£¬µ½ÏÖÔÚµÄÊý´Î²»ÖУ¬ÎÒµÄÐÄÀíÊܵ½ÁËÌôÕ½£¬ËäÈ»²»ÄÜ˵ÊÇĿǰΪֹ×î´óµÄ£¬µ«ÖÁÉÙÒѾ_ÓÐÓ°ÏìÁË¡£
    ÎÒÃ÷ÌìÒª¼Ó°àÂð£¿ÎÒÂèÂè˵ûÓбØÒª£¬ÒòΪÕâºÜÃ÷ÏÔ²»ÊǼ¼ÊõÉϵÄÎÊÌ⣬ÔõôÁ·£¿Ö»Äܵȵ½ÏÂÒ»´ÎµÄʱºò£¬·£½øÈ¥£¡£¡£¡
    IP:*

4. IROC it

IROC it Contributing Member

Real translation:

I sucked it worse than a hoover tonight. I know I shouldn't let the mind games get to me, but I'm in twilight zone. I just glad my suction didn't lose us the game as it almost did.

I think I'll go practice more and earn my paycheck. My mom says "her baby don't need the work" but really... what does she know?

Maybe more reps at the foul line in practice will keep me from looking like Shaq next time.

:D

5. JBIIRockets

JBIIRockets Contributing Member

I wonder if Yao mentioned that he bailed the Rockets out, tying the game back up at 91 by making making two huge shots down the stretch.

Seems as if his FT misses are bad luck because of couple of these late misses he has go in and out. He'll fix this.

6. yubojiang

yubojiang Member

i am glad because Yao made two clutch hook shots a in row and wisely flopped while defending. I don't regret he missed two important fts since rox won anyway.

7. disney

disney Member

when i saw Yao miss 2ft,my heart leapt to my throat!fortunately,we won.however,theres a psychological problem,it always happens,even yao in CBA. i wish he'll get rid of it as soon as possible,after all,we can always rely on luck!

8. disney

disney Member

we cant always rely on luck!

wrong typing, sorry abt that!

9. fietguy

fietguy Member

missing those free throws Yao, in the words of bill walton is "totally inexcusable".

However, people are not emphasizing enough that it was Yao's DOMINANT HOOK in the paint that actually bailed out the rockets for yet another horrible fourth quarter...

10. PumperX

PumperX Contributing Member

I don't worry too much at all. I know one day Yao will overcome it for sure. I have faith in him.

11. IROC it

IROC it Contributing Member

I have a dream.:p

12. Matador

Matador Member

Yao's mom is right. It's all in his head.

13. qrui

qrui Member

and thats where you get your 'real translation'?:D

14. ricerocket

ricerocket Member

I'd faint if Shaq made two in a row - anytime! :eek:

15. NClady

NClady Contributing Member

Why you mess up the translation. I think pershing's translation is perfect.

16. DnD

DnD Member

Um... I think he was joking, NClady. :D

17. New Jack

New Jack Member

It's strange the way Yao is missing these free throws. Last season Yao was so clutch. During a close game, there wasn't a person I would rather have shooting FT's at the end of a close game. I don't know what's happened to him this season.

18. ricerocket

ricerocket Member

It's all that weight training and a steady diet of Shaqburgers from BK

19. Deuce Rings

Deuce Rings Contributing Member

The free throw thing is sort of weird because Yao has been showing up late in games as far as hitting big shots goes, but he's 0 for the world when it comes to hitting free throws in the last two minutes. He's been bailed out twice now with the other team failing to capitilize on his late chocke jobs at the foul line.

20. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That's why it's a TEAM and not just one player. If Yao misses FT's we have someone Steve and that clutch shot he hit earlier to give us the lead. Before that Steve was having a rough second half on the offense, but Cat was hot and kept us in it.

It's a team game and each guy did their part. Despite the mistakes the team was able to pull something huge from the players it needed to win this one.

The team game is what it's all about, and why I don't like so many people rooting for one guy and wanting another guy to be shipped away. Let's take the best of the whole team and keep on winning.