1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Moron] Stupid Trump Tweets

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by CometsWin, Jan 2, 2018.

1. Newlin

Newlin Member

Has any other American president ever referred to themselves as a genius? That seems like something you would hear from a dictator. Something Kim Jong-un might say. It just seems strange coming from the leader of the free world.

B-Bob likes this.
  2. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Nope. Success judged on 1) economy strong 2) ISIS defeated 3) tax plan passed 4) American energy unshackled from Obama's regulations 5) Judges appointed

it's just a side benefit that the liberals are triggered and tantrum-ing!

3. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

LOL... oh my, awkward...

4. Bagwellian

Bagwellian Member

I am a moderate, and I do like that the economy is strong. I am not sure how much you can attribute that to President Trump, but I suppose he can take some credit. The ISIS program was instituted by President Obama, and what President Trump has done is continue with this- although he has given commanders more leeway to take action. Undoing regulations is a double-edged sword- there are many that are unnecessary, but there are some which are absolutely essential. We can't have a situation where we do away with too many - we have to think long-term here.

The appointing of judges is only an accomplishment is you are a conservative. If you are a liberal, those are not achievements, just as Obama's judicial appointments are not considered achievements by conservatives.

President Trump's record is a mixed bag, but I'm happy to give him credit for items above.

What continues to concern me is his overall behavior and decorum. It's extremely unbecoming of a President and cannot just be ignored. I wish the mainstream media wouldn't obsess over it, but maybe President Trump just needs to lay off social media- he makes it worse for himself.

For example, there is an uproar among many conservatives, as well as Fox News, about the audacity of those who question President Trump's mental health. And we have this:

Donald J. Trump‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump
    I am starting to think that there is something seriously wrong with President Obama's mental health. Why won't he stop the flights. Psycho!

1:23 AM - 16 Oct 2014

5. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Liberals need to learn how to evaluate actions, rather than behaviors and words. Too focused on words...

6. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

^ lmao crumbling away

7. Bagwellian

Bagwellian Member

I believe that both should count. I have quite a few friends who are conservatives, and believe me, they held Obama accountable for his behaviors and words- one, in particular, could not stop talking about his 58 states comment or his referring to a police action as stupid, or the Special Olympics comment. I do not know what conservatives here have said- I just know from my small circle.

But yes, the mainstream media does tend to emphasize too much of what he says. I think it's really the outrageousness of it. I don't know if he can tone it down at this point, but it would certainly benefit him with the moderate base that supports him.

8. Bagwellian

Bagwellian Member

Well, he does have a point, in a way. BTW, is that a reference to that show Breaking Bad? I have not watched all of it (one of the few, apparently), but I saw an episode with that restaurant name, I think. Or is that an actual place (Los Pollos Hermanos- The Chicken Brothers)?

9. Bagwellian

Bagwellian Member

President Trump's last 2 Tweets are a perfect example of his problem.

First:

Donald J. Trump‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump 31m31 minutes ago
    The Stock Market has been creating tremendous benefits for our country in the form of not only Record Setting Stock Prices, but present and future Jobs, Jobs, Jobs. Seven TRILLION dollars of value created since our big election win!

Nothing wrong with that - Presidents are always going to promote their accomplishments (although the constant references to the election win are unnecessary at this point)

Second:

Donald J. Trump‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump
    The Fake News Awards, those going to the most corrupt & biased of the Mainstream Media, will be presented to the losers on Wednesday, January 17th, rather than this coming Monday. The interest in, and importance of, these awards is far greater than anyone could have anticipated!

This is really unnecessary and, to be quite honest, very silly coming from a President. If my child wrote something like this, I would be embarrassed. It's just unnecessary- I can't think of any word that comes to mind more than this.

What a President says does count. We would hold Obama to this standard, so we can't ignore this from Trump just b/c we are happy with some of his achievements.

B-Bob likes this.
  10. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

Oh, yeah, like you never said **** about Obama's words. The hypocrite emerges- laughable, BigTess. What a dope you are.

No Worries likes this.
  11. Bagwellian

Bagwellian Member

There's no need to use personal attacks. Regardless of what this poster has said, you calling him that means that you're the one with the problem.

12. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

I bet Hillary is glad that no one on the right focused on her “deplorables” quote.

13. dandorotik

Umm, excuse me, you have no idea what you're talking about, Newbie. We've been dealing with his hypocritical garbage for years. BigTess criticized Obama for golfing and doesn't say **** about Trump's ridiculous amount of time on the golf course. He criticizes liberals for focusing on words, yet he's mentioned Obama's Special Olympics comments numerous times. So, yeah, we have a reason to call out his hypocritical ass.

14. dandorotik

****ing a right. That was one of the MAIN reasons people cited for being against Hillary. So, yeah, don't ****ing cry about "oooh, they're focused on Trump's words..WAAAHHHH!!!!" Bullshit.

15. Bagwellian

Bagwellian Member

I don't know about any of this. All I know is that you started with an insult, and that's what I commented on. You can make your point without having to be insulting.

16. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Words like this?

This post just proves that you don't pay attention to the words that come out of Hussein Ubama's mouth. You sit on your couch, caught up in his deep voice and hearing him say change change change change change (no substance behind it, though) and fall for his schtick. Hussein Ubama is SCARY for foreign policy. He's not only incredibly inexperienced, but he is not careful about the words that come out of his mouth. Did you not hear him talk about invading Pakistan (a nuclear country) and banning all toys imported from China? The guy is a ticking foreign relations time bomb.

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/index.php?threads/the-rest-of-february.142134/page-12#post-3450359

DonnyMost, B-Bob, KingCheetah and 6 others like this.
  17. Bagwellian

Bagwellian Member

That was from him? Well, that is not good at all. First. calling the President Hussein Ubama is uncalled for. And this poster is criticizing others for something he himself said. Again, I'm new here, and I don't know how it goes, but that's very contradictory.

18. dandorotik

Holy ****, Bobrek with the knockout punch! HAHAHA, BigTess. You just got ****ing owned like no one has ever been owned in the history of ClutchFans. Seriously, post of the year!!!

No Worries and FranchiseBlade like this.
  19. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

You're definitely new here. Expect no response from said poster. Any time he gets called on his b.s., he disappears from the thread.

20. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

I boldly predict that you will not last long here.

KingCheetah likes this.