1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Yao abandoned his SEQUOIA, got a new BMW745.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by fakefan, Dec 8, 2003.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AMS

AMS Contributing Member

The tungsten T3... Its sweeeeeeeeet. all day long at work all I do is play with that and the Sony Clie UX50

2. olliez

olliez Contributing Member

Yao says:".... that car is a V-8, but my mom thinks it's too much horse power and wants to take off two cylinders..."

:eek:

3. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

4. TECH

TECH Contributing Member

I wonder which dealer sold him the car. I work at Advantage BMW, as a Tech there. Momentum would probably be the closer dealer to him though. It'd be awesome to be able to work on Yao's car, and tell him what a piece of junk that 745 is. :p

He'll be complaining about a rough idle in a few thousand miles, and it'll be in the shop getting new heads because of the crappy variable valve lift design. That'll require removing the engine to replace the heads.
    It is a nice car, but it's too fancy for it's own good. If Yao's a picky customer, he'll hate it.
    It's big enough though.. :D

5. yipengzhao

yipengzhao Contributing Member

Yao Ming is funny. He said he wanted to get an 8 cylinder, but his mom doesn't want him to drive too fast. Then he was like "all I'm saying is that since I've gotten my license, I haven't seen the Houston accident rate increasing." He says he's gotten no tickets but says he's driven near 110 mph to get home after away games.

Says he like to go to the Best Buy around his house to look for games or too Chinatown to buy books.

6. CXmoney1221

CXmoney1221 Member

he said he speeds up to 110-120 mph sometimes. dudes gonna kill himself, seeing that hes a new driver and all. i know my mustang wobbles at 90+, but then again i guess my mustang is a POS compared to his BMW 3873483767322 BLAH

7. Panda

Panda Member

If you are talking about cell phones, the high end products in China, such as the one fakefan posted, do cost around 600 dollars. The cheapest cell phones cost around 80-100 dollars, people in the cities
    often buy phones around 200 dollars. The lastest trend is mobile phones with LCD true color display and digital camera function.

8. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Thank you, I was thinking cell phones.

9. SamCassell

SamCassell Contributing Member

What color is the new beemer? What's the gas mileage like? Did he get the custom rims? Inquiring minds want to know.

10. freshtomato

freshtomato Member

I don't care what he drives. As long as it breaks down and makes him late to shootaround, which he has to make up with a monster performance in games.

11. yipengzhao

yipengzhao Contributing Member

Wow Sam Cassell... cool screen name... haven't seen you post much. Anyway I like Sam Cassell a lot. I wish I could play like Sam Cassell.

In any case, it's dark blue... the gas milage you could get online i bet, and it just says he's having it customized

12. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Yao actually backed into a car when he didn't have his liscence. He was driving in the parking lot of the west side tennis club when he bumped his SEQUOIA. I thought Yao was getting a Benz customed made for him to fit him, maybe it was a BMW.

13. hdd

hdd Member

Yao cancelled the order of a Benz and bought a BMW 745 instead...

:D

14. Nomar

Nomar Member

The 745 is a POS? :confused:

What about M5s. Those are like my dream cars.

Oh, and, uh, Yao needs to work on his post up. ;)

15. J DIDDY

J DIDDY Member

Yao 's a balla on and off the court.:D dont forget the rims and he should get dynasty stiched into the seats like Steve does with his ride.

16. J DIDDY

J DIDDY Member

yep.:D

17. Panda

Panda Member

You are welcome, even I myself, being a Chinese, don't quite understand the Chinese frenzy on mobile telecommunication technology.

18. dongbll

dongbll Member

not as expensive as you said,the phone used in china are $200 around

19. dongbll

dongbll Member

precisely,most of the phones used in china are $200-$300,and the phone up $500 is less than 20%

20. r-fan-since-81

r-fan-since-81 Contributing Member

I drive a BMW 528i and its the best car I have driven or been a passenger in.

i'll never purchase a different brand after getting the beamer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.