1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would the Rockets be this good right now if we had Carmelo over Anderson?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jacoby, Nov 26, 2017.

?

Would we be better right now with Carmelo or Ryno?

1. We would be better with Carmelo Anthony

49 vote(s)
    33.6%
  2. We are better with Ryan Anderson

97 vote(s)
    66.4%
  1. mario_v

mario_v Member

He would be able to drive to the basket if opponents close out on him at the 3 point line, which Anderson can’t do.

2. OTMax

OTMax Member

Easy answer: we are beter with Ryno because he understands his role, won’t take away touches from Harden or CP3, is not a possible chemistry killer, won’t demand the ball and is a better 3pt shooter, has longer range, better defender and rebounder. Ow yeah, and he’s a nice guy without all the media nonsense.

kubli9, ArtV, YOLO and 8 others like this.
  3. Salvy

Salvy Member

@ashleyem

Mr.Scarface and Daddy Long Legs like this.
  4. s3ts

s3ts Member

5. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

This. While I was a big proponent of getting Melo for Ryan if OKC were to blow this up, I'm not sure I'd make that trade now. I'd like to think Melo would be a different player for us but history doesn't support it. I see glimpses of what he could be but he doesn't maintain it. He seems to think he has to carry the team when it gets in trouble, instead of helping the team to get through it. With Ryan you know you have someone can stretch the floor to make it easier for everyone to work. So when it comes to TEAM playing, Ryan > Melo and that's what you'd be giving up if you made that trade.

6. Rockets4lf

Rockets4lf Member

Melo, THE MOST OVERRATED PLAYER IN THE HISTORY OF THE NBA. There, i said it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Next to T-MAC

Daddy Long Legs likes this.
  7. mathor

mathor Member

I changed my mind during this first 20 games; i was not mad because the trade didn't happen , but i thought we missed a chance to be at the same level as the warriors... I believed that a straight swap between ryan and melo would have pushed us over the top (I was not one of the mad men that would have traded Ego or Trevor or Clint), but now it's really clear that we are a better team without him. As you've pointed out Ryno brings more of the things we need from the 4 spot than Melo.

I'm really happy with the defense and rebounding and shooting and stretching the floor that he's bringing night in and night out (especially that defense out of nowhere!!).

We are right there, just behind the warriors, we have a chance (even if it's just a slim one). F***K Melo, F***k Okc, F***k Stephen A Smith, and Enjoy the ride!

#187 mathor, Nov 30, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2017
    Easy likes this.
  8. joeson332

joeson332 Member

but Russ makes his teammaters who are trash cans better

:(

:)

9. joeson332

joeson332 Member

its more of a testament to the offensive philosphy that Billy Donovan has over there where everything runs through Westbrook.
    Sure Westbrook is probably one of the best point guard out there but hes also a volume shooter, at times very careless, whereas Harden creates for his guys and is slowly fading away from the ISO ball.
    At this point whos to say would we be better off with Melo over Anderson but I know for sure this team can be very succesful when you have Ryno making his 3s and playing defense.

10. hakeemthagreat

Well the way I see it is Melo can hit 3's but also get to the rim anytime he wants. In a free flowing system like ours, it would be harder to guard Melo when you force the ball outta CP or Harden hands. Melo would be more of a overrall threat, even though Ryan's the better shooter. But I'm 100% happy with Ryan given it seems like he's more comfortable this year. The person I'm a bit concerned about is EG now

joeson332 likes this.
  11. joeson332

joeson332 Member

shooters slump, they're all going to have it. EG will be fine.

12. jacoby

jacoby Member

Figured this is a good time to balance out the polls....

13. Le$$

Le$$ Member

Melo would be in E.R man.

14. Omer

Omer Member

Yeah no way Melo plays this poorly and rebounds this badly

15. Erbnwarfare

Erbnwarfare Member

I would rather have Melo's contract right now.

16. juanm34

juanm34 Member

I'd take Brewer right now over trasherson