1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Gamers "swatting" gets man killed

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Carl Herrera, Dec 29, 2017.

1. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

I thought SWAT won't shoot in a hostage situation until they assess where all the hostages are and all the bad guys.

wth shooting before you know the full situation. You could get a hostage killed, if another bad guy is in the house.

oh, and then the whole 100 feet away behind a car, thing.

2. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

The difference is this: If you tell a random person a fake address, you are not doing so with the knowledge that someone was gonna put the person living at that location in danger.

Yung-T likes this.
  3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

No sir, did not.
    DD

4. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I forgot which 90s black urban movie I saw this from (Fresh/Juice/Boyz n the Hood?) where one of the characters told his friends to start stripping if a swarm of cops pull up, that way they don't have an excuse to shoot them. Of course one of them didn't listen, raised his arms only to get riddled with bullets in self defense.

So if the SWAT pulls up to your house, don't open the door and start strippin.

MAGA

5. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I think the movie was PANTHER
    Eldrigde told his co-conspirator to strip

Rocket River

6. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

7. jacoby

jacoby Member

His voice is recorded on probably a dozen 911 calls for swatting and fake bomb threats. Dude is gonzo.

He also made the prosecutor's case for them with his ridiculous interview.

Gakatron likes this.
  8. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Barriss’ alleged bomb threats to KABC-TV in 2015 triggered a large police response. Prosecutors said Barriss also allegedly threatened a relative to prevent her from reporting the threats.

Barriss was convicted of two counts related to making a false bomb report and sentenced to two years and eight months in jail. It’s unclear how much time he served in the case.

Court records show other convictions against Barriss, including a violation of a protective order.

A rash of swatting incidents in 2013 targeting Los Angeles-area celebrities prompted police to stop publicizing the cases. The police believed that media coverage fueled more swatting incidents. The Los Angeles City Council also voted that year to offer reward money for information leading to the arrest of suspected swatters.

9. cheke64

cheke64 Member

You almost have to open the curtains with your naked ass so they wont get startled. Even draw a happy face to look friendlier.

10. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

look at this piece of ***

[​IMG]

cheke64 likes this.
  11. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

This is why I am hesitant to start gaming. I have read that the gaming culture often cheers misogynistic tendencies along with a predilection for depravity and violence. Are you aware that almost every one of these mass shooters under 25 had played these sort of violent video games before? Yes, there are successful gamers (i.e DaDakota) who have created a productive life for themselves, but that is few and far between. These sorts of video games need to be more closely investigated similar to gangster rap. I'm not against gaming and I'm not against gamers. But I am against the thugs who disgrace this community and culture.

12. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Kobe's b*stard son.

13. PhiSlammaJamma

I thought as stupid as the swatter is about the inevitable results of his actions, his take was honest. But it does bring up the interesting debate about whether it’s best to admit what you’ve done in the court of law, which he is likely to do regarding the swat, or deny it. Admitting to it often doesn’t result in leniency because the laws are so specific about penalties for a particular action or crime and yet, you’d like to think admitting it at least gives you some form of integrity and leniency, especially in manslaughter. Think you just have to deny and deny.

That said, watching all these law and order episodes, and watching these true crimes, I always thought that if I ever did commit a serious crime and all the evidence pointed directly at me, the one trick I would try to play with the lawyers would be to say I did it, but leave them enough clues to think it was someone else, let their minds start doubting the situation, and watch the legal system work themselves into finding me innocent for no other reason than the psychology of wanting to discover the improbable storyline, the improbable twist and turn, even knowing there was no twist or turn to it.

14. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Almost every man under the age of 35 has played these violent video games these days, and plenty of us still do. To say that successful gamers are "few and far between" is utter horse s**t.

15. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

He will be used
    and abused
    and served like hell . . . . .

Rocket River

16. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Why did they handcuff the family?
    Did I miss something?

Rocket River

17. CourtOfDreams

CourtOfDreams Member

This is why I am hesitant to start driving. I have read that the driving culture often cheers misogynistic tendencies along with a predilection for drinking and driving. Are you aware that almost every one of these car accidents under the age of 25 had drove some sort of car before? Yes, there are successful drivers (SCK) who have created a productive life for themselves, but that is few and far between. These sorts of drivers need to be more closely investigated similar to gangster rap. I'm not against driving a car and I'm not against cars. But I am against the drunks who disgrace the highways and sidestreets.

18. CCorn

CCorn Member

Splatoon 2 Made me a violent person.

19. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

Lol. You got Brightsided.

Buck Turgidson and weakfromtoday like this.
  20. Phreak3

Phreak3 Contributing Member

How do these guys get the addresses of other online players?