1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

God...Cardi B is AWFUL.

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Mr.Scarface, Dec 26, 2017.

1. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

a lot of good innovation coming out of EDM these days, so music isn't dead

This mumble rap is truly ugly, talent-less garbage. Whoever said "the strippers have become the rappers" summarized it well

theimpossibles1 likes this.
  2. trustme

trustme Member

I'm glad Eminem is still sticking true to rap. One of the few legit rappers still out there.

3. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

Reading the lyrics to Bodack Yellow is like reading something a 5-year old with a potty-mouth would write.

There. I said it.

4. what

what Member

It's pop music, it's not that serious. Listen. Don't listen.

5. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

I don't know what y'all are talking about, she's hilarious

NSFW

#65 shastarocket, Dec 30, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2017
    conquistador#11 and moligity like this.
  6. Salvy

Salvy Member

I dont find her funny, she is a character thou... An actress acting her part and reading scripts in the form of "rap" to every other trap instrumental out there.

hvic likes this.
  7. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

That's fair. I have nothing to say about her music, but she's definitely entertaining and oddly genuine

8. Salvy

Salvy Member

You find her entertaining and genuine. I don’t find her entertaining becuese I don’t see sincerity. I just see this women with fake everything including her personality that is suppose to be odd and funny but in reality is just there to shape her wide audience of young girls into the bs her husband and partners put out. She is selling that lifestyle dream not the lifestyle itself.

And it’s not even that I think to deep into this but for some reason I can see right through the fabrication of this “artist”.

She is an entertainer like many many others and her main job is to entertain but I just feel like musicians should have identity and expression of their art not a sales pitch of a fabricated lifestyle for the ignorant.

She aight thou...

hvic and peleincubus like this.
  9. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

Not sure why this is in playing in my lobby, but goodness gracious Will Smith should be embarrassed.

[​IMG]

10. conquistador#11

My essay, "black rob " already got a song that was Whoa, like Whoa!

11. conquistador#11

I'm starting to like her.

12. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Her voice and accent and act are killing me. . . . .

Rocket River

13. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

the female rappers have gotten worse, but the female pop singers have gotten hotter

hvic likes this.
  14. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Seems generally speaking . . .. hot or sexy seems to be all that really matters
    Most music engineers/producers will say . . .they can work around a horrible voice easily . . . but an ugly person is hell to work with

Adele is not horrible looking. . . but she is still harder to sell than Taylor Swift
    (They are the same Age - yea that shocked me to find out)

Rocket River

15. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

https://www.billboard.com/articles/...00/cardi-b-the-beatles-ashanti-hot-100-top-10

Cardi B Joins The Beatles & Ashanti With First 3 Hot 100 Hits in Top 10 Simultaneously; Ed Sheeran & Beyonce's 'Perfect' No. 1
    Cardi B becomes just the third act – and the first rapper – to place her first three Billboard Hot 100 entries in the chart's top 10 simultaneously, joining only The Beatles and Ashanti in achieving the feat.

The Bronx rapper earns the honor as G-Eazy's "No Limit," featuring A$AP Rocky and Cardi B, lifts from No. 5 to a No. 4 high on the new Jan. 6-dated Hot 100; Migos, Nicki Minaj and Cardi B's No. 6-peaking "MotorSport" holds at No. 7; and Cardi B's former three-week No. 1 debut smash "Bodak Yellow (Money Moves)" returns to the top 10, rising 12-10.

16. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

nail meet head, thats why music sucks now cuz you dont need talent just a phat ass.

17. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

Good googly moogly, I just got more stupid watching that crap.

18. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

You are getting old and your brain is getting more locked into certain neural pathways - i.e. you are automatically replying "yes/no" to some things you don't necessarily understand. This happens because the music exhibits traits of something that you have already told your brain: the answer is no. Neural pathways are like trails in sand, the more you answer the same to something, the more it becomes locked in and you lose the creativity to explore other options.

If you're up for it:
    Psilocybin + a 2000's onwards playlist = you might still not like it, but you will understand what you don't understand.

I seem to learn towards older music too, but it would bug me if I could not understand what was being communicated between artists and audience.

theimpossibles1 likes this.
  19. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

A white woman that sings like a black woman is not hard to sell. Never has been.

20. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Talking about THE LOOK.
    If her singing voice was similar to Taylors. . . .she would NOT be famous

Rocket River