1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Wizards 12/29/2017

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 29, 2017.

1. ricardo1979

ricardo1979 Member

Looks l

2. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Sit Harden and CP3 for the Laker game.
    A little rest until next wednesday

Then they have the Magic and then the Warriors.

Rocket River

3. Salvy

Salvy Member

I agree, there are problems that go deeper than injuries and refs... We could have had a full team today and I cant say I'm confident we would have won. Right before prince bootay went down these problems were showing up and we all just laughed it off and said they weren't boring wins. Something is off, really off. As of now those 14 wins probably just got us into the playoffs because at this pace I'm not sure we are even mediocre.

4. aroundtheblock2

Huh? We only lost 3 in a row once last year...one time. In Dwight Howard's first year with the Rockets we never lost more than 2 in a row at any point throughout the entire season.

Houstunna likes this.
  5. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Why is Jeremy Lin dominating your mind right now?

He has nothing to do with the Rockets right now and I don't believe he plays for the Wizards.

malakas likes this.
  6. mario_v

mario_v Member

lol at people who thought this team was a championship contender.

7. ricardo1979

ricardo1979 Member

harden ruin my god yeremy rins career so I hate him

hakeem94 likes this.
  8. Salvy

Salvy Member

But if we sit them for Magic and Warriors we will have an awesome excuse for the losses... We should focus on our excuses instead of winning because this winning thing is not working out...

9. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

Gerald Green was a positive tonight, looks like he will add quite a bit of energy to the bench

Remlap, amaru and adw like this.
  10. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

He's right though.

The Rockets played the first 34 games of the season so well that they are still the 2nd best team in the NBA right now.

If they go on another win streak starting Sunday then no one cares at all about this little stint.

Right now they are in a funk but if they can get out of it they will still be considered an elite team, they should be as long as they have a top 5 record.

11. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Last night was a scheduled win.

12. ricardo1979

ricardo1979 Member

Ya that dude looks good but when luc gets back he will be waived

Remlap likes this.
  13. mario_v

mario_v Member

Real championship contenders don’t lose five games in a row.

This team as presently constructed will not win a championship.

Houstunna and amaru like this.
  14. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Quite the streak the rockets are on.

Way to end 2017 with a bang.

amaru likes this.
  15. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

game ball goes to me for turning the game off in the middle of the second quarter and not looking back. i don't need to be pissed off for another 24 hours after yesterday. this had disaster written all over it from the beginning.

fiersdownbelow and hakeem94 like this.
  16. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

It's just the way they are loosing with Harden turning into slow footed 2015-2016 Harden and Paul having nagging knee issues really is concerning for the future of the season and playoff run.

17. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

The last 19 games...
    [​IMG]

jelanit, Remlap and Little Bit like this.
  18. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

Yea Weber shots the 3 better than he has shown. He was prob afraid to take them since he is the new guy.

So the 5 losing streak is done. I thought so when I saw us fall to the lakers. You could see a losing streak coming.

now we got Chris back but he wasn’t 100% healthy. We still lost, I expected us to lose this one too. But hopefully we get 1 more player for our 15 spot roster to help our bench maybe a PF or Tyson chandler like codman said and who’s the other freebird?

Anyway I expect us to win the next game though. Against the Celtics we got some movement going on the first half. But once we stop moving the ball and Hamden stop the ball movement we started to lose the lead. Then he made a bunch of turnovers and some other guys too. Then our defense fell apart trying to chase guys around. And to add to it the refs with their bs no calls or their calls.

We saw harden get slap on his arms all night. Gordon getting pushed or Kyrie pushing people for offensive rebounds and no calls. Still it was their fault for losing the lead.

That said I think the team can see now what works and doesn’t. Now Harden can’t blame it on Cp3 not playing. Main problem is the ball mlcemtn getting stagnant. And the culprit is usually Harden.

Maybe we just need Capela back and still losing a game or two for Harden to see it’s on him. More ball movement less holding the ball and dribbling

amaru likes this.
  19. Andy Sheets

Andy Sheets Contributing Member

I think the precise moments when the Rockets died in this game was around the middle of the 3rd, Tucker has an open corner 3 and he passes it up, Rockets don't score, and Wizards take it down and nail a 3. I'm so sick of seeing guys named Anderson and Tucker passing up open shots.

On the bright side, hey, at least some new guys are getting some time. They have no chemistry with anyone but...

amaru likes this.
  20. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Three Point Shooting: 14-48
    Free Throws: 13-16

I know the Rockets average more than 16 FTs a game

Rocket River