1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

This loss is on MDA not Harden

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Beardaholic13, Dec 28, 2017.

1. LewLLOYD

LewLLOYD Member

eh, i like DAntoni. we win by 1, no one complains.

Harden getting called for a pushoff is predictable in that the garden was going nuts and the crowd created the situation for that call to be made. that crowd worked it for the whole second half, they were loud and excitable, and rewarding that sells future tickets.

DAntoni shouldnt be the scapegoat anymore than Harden should be the scapegoat.

DAntoni would have put in CP3, Capela, Luc,PJ and Ariza and the game would have been over, Harden would rest, we win by 10 on ⅓ effort and DAntoni is coach of the year.

2. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I know how to solve this problem

Chris

Paul

lw17, Beardaholic13 and J Sizzle like this.
  3. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

In the words of Clyde Drexler, “you can’t help the club sitting in the tub.”

4. s3ts

s3ts Member

This is on MDA. How does your team lose. 20+ pt lead like this?

I saw glaring mistakes all over the place.

Isolation plays for EG with majority being 3s. Kind of worked except he airballed 2 of em. And hoped Anderson would rebound... (?!????!!!!)

Tarik on Smart?!??

Tatum comes off a screen while PJ tells Ariza to pick up the driving lane. Wide open pass, Tarik literally 3 steps away, doesn't help defensively. (!?????)

Why is Tarik in on the last 1 minute of any freaking game?

Also,

MDA decided that Anderson was our PF/C for the majority of the game. Most importantly, he was part of the team that let Boston get back in the game.

By the time MDA takes out Anderson, it is always way too late. Nene walks in already half not giving a f and I kmow we're losing whatever lead we had.

lw17 and Beardaholic13 like this.
  5. s3ts

s3ts Member

Harden gets fouled by Smart, pulled w 2 hands. Harden pushes back with just one hand, Smart flops like he died.

Refs were straight assholes too. This is the only thing I disagree with op.

lw17, DonKnock and Beardaholic13 like this.
  6. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Thats the problem , CP3 is always hurt. You should not have to draw hypotheticals, because he needs to have his $24 million ass on the court like Harden.

roxallways likes this.
  7. elmotsangtt

elmotsangtt Member

The coach and morey. Morey buys sucks bench player, so that the coach doesnt use. The coach sucks on using few people rotation. Cp3 sucks on easy get hurt.

#27 elmotsangtt, Dec 29, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2017
    lw17 likes this.
  8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Mike FrauD'Antoni

9. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

This is why it's frustrating the Rox appear to be sooo dependent on CP3 as this year is going on because so far it's looking like he can't be depended on because of injuries.

lw17 likes this.
  10. Newlin

Newlin Member

This loss is on THE ROCKETS MISSING THREE IMPORTANT MEMBERS OF ITS ROTATION.

The Celtics were horrendous the first half, but in the second half they played like the Celtics.

This loss was painful, but should help the Rockets in the long run. We need opposing teams to pressure Harden. We need Harden to learn how to play when the other team turns up the heat.

lw17 likes this.
  11. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

If you truly believe this, then you should also rationally believe this team has absolutely zero chance against the Warriors.

The Rockets still have their best player. They are missing their second best and a their key big man role player. If the Warriors lost their second best player and a pivatol role player, they would still be shalacking more than half the NBA teams in the league on a night in consistent basis.

The Rockets just lost four straight. That's very concerning. The only way I wouldn't be concerned of a 4 game loosing streak for this team is if both Harden and Paul are not in the game .

Beardaholic13 likes this.
  12. Newlin

Newlin Member

True, I believe the Rockets have a very very slim chance to beat the Warriors. The Warriors are definitely a better team and the Rockets are a big underdog even when completely healthy. But, I'm not concerned about this 4 game losing streak. When the Rockets get healthy they will once again be the second or third best team in the league.

13. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

I blame it on Nene. Everything went downhill after his 3rd foul. Does Black not know the basic plays? Turnover goes up 500% when Black is in.

14. hakeemthagreat

I notice a trend here. Every time Harden completely throws a game with his sloppy play, instead of place blame where it should be, some of you shift it to MDA. Last year when Harden quit, the blame went to MDA for playing him "too many minutes". Now when Harden completely gives the game away again it's MDA rotations that lost it for us. James Harden is the only superstar that has these mental lapses this often

fchowd0311 likes this.
  15. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

This is why the Rockets got Chris Paul. A second playmaker.

The best teams that have a chance to succeed have multiple playmakers in today's NBA.

16. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

MDA has a responsibility to coach our guys for these situations.

BUT...our guys should KNOW that James was under pressure from a good defender (underrated) and someone else needed to bring the ball up, or in the least, be the outlet pass before getting it to James.

James was IDIOTIC though. You don't push off like that, in front of the refs, with a KNOWN flopper. (You can be a flopper and a good defender btw).

The REFS were IDIOTIC for calling the same thing twice. 2 flops....nah, bruh.

*CP3's laugh was not out of humor. That's frustration with James...CP3 was coaching James earlier about how to get open, and it looked as though James wasn't hearing it.
    *James is coachable, but I think all of us know that he's also stubborn as hell at certain points. He's not hearing any criticism. And, should he? If he's carrying the load, I understand why he doesn't take the "advice/suggestions/coaching" as lightly.

Late last night, I texted my friend a "WTF just happened?" Answer translated to a bit of frustration all around. You could be seeing a "team meeting" very soon, even if we stop the slide tonight. The communication isn't the same as earlier in the season.

Just an FYI :)

17. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Team Meeting eh?

As for the CP3 laugh, my first thought was on the ridiculousness of Brothers making that call. It was ridiculous. But, if it is because CP3 warned Harden that that could happen and he didn't listen, then, ugh.

That said, all part of the process of this team growing together and trusting themselves. They have to go together and not revert back to bad habits.

18. felixng2012

felixng2012 Member

This loss is largely on Harden. Great player but sometimes he has huge mental lapses where I am left scratching my head.

Codman likes this.
  19. Beardaholic13

Beardaholic13 Member

The first foul called ,EG actually beat his man easily and was gonna get the inbounds, that was a CLEAR flop beacuse harden was looking at gordon and had NO reason to even push off. That showed me brothers has an agenda i dont care what anyone says.
    The second foul Brothers is basically saying you are james harden you are a runnerup MVP lol. No way in hell that call is made back to back on any superstar in the NBA today except for harden.

Now as for paul, you can see he was clearly surprised that James "tried" brothers again...James' Ego seems to always get in the way of winning.
    -I love harden, but when he doesent get a foul called, he drives the next play daring the officials to not call it again...usually this results in a TO.
    -When he gets a BS foul called against him, he does what he did yesterday and dare the officials again...WHY?

This is his biggest flaw and ive been saying this for weeks negatives compound with him quickly and i think its ego and lack of focus. We saw it yesterday in the 3rd with the turnovers, he had 3 or 4 in a row. He has to learn to let **** go and play against your opponents not against the refs because no1 can win that matchup.

20. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I noticed that

Codman likes this.