1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

This 4-Game Losing Streak is the Best Thing For Us...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by xaos, Dec 28, 2017.

1. xaos

xaos Member

This couldn't have come at a better time. It's at a point of the season where we've played enough games to have an idea of who we are and what kind of team we can become, but at the point of the season where the standings don't really matter.

No trophies are handed out in January. No one remembers who was the best player of the league in December. More often than not, they don't even remember who the last four teams standing in the playoffs were.

Let's sign Tracy Murray.

The one thing that I've always noticed about the Rockets post-Hakeem era is that we never have a sense of urgency. The Golden State Warriors have one of the toughest teams to beat in NBA history. We are not going to go into a 7-game series with them and win with talent alone. We need to learn how to have a sense of urgency. Let's focus on our weaknesses during this time and continue to get better.

Go Rockets

2. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Better now than late for sure but still sucks because we're losing due to injuries and b**** ass refs. And no matter what we gotta get the #1 or #2 seed so losing is not necessarily the best thing in that regard.

3. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Thank God we haven't won in 22 years.

Best thing for us

fckbandwagons, Gorki, DanielV and 9 others like this.
  4. xaos

xaos Member

the best

5. MD_in_Training

Ugh, no. It would be a good thing if there was ANY evidence that we are adjusting or at least learning from our mistakes. But instead, we are committing the same mistakes over and over again - both MDA and the players.

Gorki, cbs1507, J Sizzle and 3 others like this.
  6. jacoby

jacoby Member

I struggle to see how horrifically choking away the easiest victory possible is GOOD for our morale as a team. I fail to see how our non-existent defense in four straight fourth quarters is a positive for this team.

Get real.

7. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Losing is not the best. sthap it.. PLEASE!

LOSING IS NOT THE BEST!

hakeem94 and J Sizzle like this.
  8. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah this stretch has been very discouraging and it's not comforting that this team's success hinges on an injury prone CP3. The team and MDA look lost without CP3.

9. rockets13champs

I don’t think a championship has ever had a 4 game losing streak

hakeem94 likes this.
  10. rocketman84

rocketman84 Member

I dunno, maybe some goood can come of this. Towards the end of the streak, harden was pouting on certain end of game possessions when Paul took over.

Maybe this streak will help harden understand he NEEDS Paul

Houstunna and LewLLOYD like this.
  11. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

That's because of them not realizing they need to get better these idiots are telling each other they just need to get healthy.

12. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

Good point

13. thedude077

thedude077 Member

WTF just happened?

LewLLOYD likes this.
  14. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

I agree the team's execution needs to get better overall and not put all of their eggs in the basket of CP3 getting back. Shouldn't be losing the games they have been losing lately.

15. Jontro

Jontro Member

all the while our lithuanian xfactor is rotting away in china. the sooner mauri realizes he's the key to our championship, the better.

hakeem94 and Pen15clubber like this.
  16. LewLLOYD

LewLLOYD Member

could be our last loss.
    we could learn.

gestalt is always possible.

or CP3 could realize all he has to do is (1) keep us from inploding and (2) pass ryno the ball when he’s ridiculously open to make ryno a 20 point scorer rather than a non threat. w/o CP3 we are harden and gordon isomania. w/o capella harden is w/o his most potent extension. w/ CP3, CP3 is a threat, and CP3 makes ryno a threat.

and dont forget luc. luc is huge at preventing slippage.

i mean, CP3. CP3 can do exactly what we needin his sleep: protect the ball, corral harden when harden gets frustrated, play the refs, play defense, keep his head not only in the game but ahead of the game.

CP3, luc and capella are ⅓ our team, so chillout, ok

17. James Gabriel

James Gabriel Member

I can accept that we lose to save us from aggravating injuries, but I can't accept that we lose because there are just some things that never changes. Whether it be a player's habits, the team itself, the coaching.

amaru and roxallways like this.
  18. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

It would be good if we can improve from it .

But Mike will probably chalk this loss up to not hitting enough 3's .

If we get a bit hotter from 3 and win a few games , our coaching staff will think everything is hunky dory .

I'm tired of D'antonio's coaching ability . If you only look good becuase your superstars carry you then you aren't coaching **** .

This dude has been the definition of stubborn to a fault and he doesn't show any signs of changing unless his hand is forced .

roxallways likes this.
  19. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

I can't wait for Jan when our schedule kicks it up a notch. People had too much expectations for this team during the win-streak when we had an easy schedule. We went on 14 game win-streak and we were still only 1 game ahead of the Warriors who had one of the hardest schedules in the league to kick off the season.

I hope people realize how far we are still from beating that team in a playoff series even with a healthy CP3.

amaru likes this.
  20. CapelaOnlyFan

CapelaOnlyFan Member

Harden better get it together quick b4 CP head to Cleveland in July