1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Can CP3 teach Harden how to have heart?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by swyyyguy, Jun 28, 2017.

1. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Why do you hate Harden so much?

D-rock likes this.
  2. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

Or get out of the second round of the playoffs. How much “heart” does that take?

D-rock and Obito like this.
  3. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

More like the chucker and bricking mentality

D-rock and Blurr#7 like this.
  4. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

The clapping master at it again

D-rock likes this.
  5. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

Harden is an amazing player. I just hate it when he quits in the playoffs. When things don't go his way or he's not getting foul calls on his flops, he gives up. I want someone that will at least go down swinging.

6. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

you mean like westbrook last year in the first round?

#206 hakeem94, Dec 28, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2017
    D-rock, Crashlanded19 and Blurr#7 like this.
  7. wesbound

wesbound Member

As much as i love harden on the offensive end and see what he's capable of doing i seriously think he can do a lil more on the defensive end even though he has improved a bit in recent time.
    Having 1. something steals does not mean you're a great defensive player.
    And as much **** @swyyyguy gives harden.. i kinda have to agree w/ him on this one.

I hate it when the opposing players steals the ball and you see the entire team runs back & harden is always standing there even though he's one of the closer guy to opposing player.. He has to show some urgency & at least run & chase after the dude to show the team that he'll do whatever.

Im not a lebron fan & far from one.. but this guy chase after every damn fast break opposing team has.

8. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

howbout taking charges, deflections, recovering loose balls, contesting shots, defensive rebounds, etc?

D-rock and wesbound like this.
  9. wesbound

wesbound Member

i'm with you on this.. These are some of the other stuff i hope harden could incorporate into his game... as much as he improved his defensive game compare to 2-3 years ago.. a lot time he still tends to let the guy goes by and hope someone else like tucker & capela to cover him..

10. vlaurelio

you can say the same thing draymond is always covering for steph, klay, and kd too..

did you notice that everyone including cp3, tucker, and ariza have taken steps back defensively with injuries and limitied rotation as the season is progressing? while harden had to step up offensively (back to back 50s) because 3rd highest player can't make 10 points a game?

I'm not saying he's as elite defensively as Tony Allen but he puts in as much effort as every other superstar on the defensive end. People who has made up their minds on him see a bad defensive play for Harden and tend to generalize him.

last year, he could not have incorporated anything else to his game to get us farther in the reg season (55 wins) and playoffs (2nd round game6). Not lebron, kd, steph, and kawhi could have gotten that roster with RA as the 2nd highest paid player, and MDA's over reliance on a playmaker and 8-man rotation farther in the reg season and playoffs

What he needed FIRST was what the other superstars like lebron, kd, steph, and kawhi had - another superstar playmaker and a couple of elite defensive players

last year:

same deflections per game as Westbrook and Rondo more than Lebron, Anthony Davis, Durant
    same loose balls recorvered per game as Lebron, Anthony Davis, Draymond Green more than Durant and Klay
    same charges drawn as Lebron, Anthony Davis more than Steph Curry, Butler, George double that of Durant, Kawhi, Westbrook, Klay
    more 2pt shots contested than Lebron, Kawhi, Curry, George, Westbrook, Butler
    more 3pt shots contested than Lebron, Durant, Kawhi, Curry, Westbrook
    more overall shots contested than Lebron, Kawhi, Curry, Westbrook, Butler
    same defensive reb % as Lebron slight lower than Durant better than Kawhi, George, Butler, Klay, Curry
    and lastly, similar defensive rating as Lebron, Avery Bradley, Ariza, slight lower than George

D-rock, wesbound and hakeem94 like this.
  11. Patterned919

Patterned919 Member

No he doesn't. Just cause he has a couple highlight chase down blocks doesn't mean he's not taking his sweet rest on defense.

D-rock, hakeem94 and vlaurelio like this.
  12. Nook

Nook Member

While CP3 is teaching Harden "how to have heart", can we have Harden teach CP3 how not to be brittle?

Stormy1234 and hakeem94 like this.
  13. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

that would be nice but that's not the topic of this thread

14. Nook

Nook Member

This thread doesn't have a topic. It is a general cesspool to drop garbage posts in.

So my question is, will James Harden team Chris Paul how not to be brittle.

Reeko, Stormy1234 and D-rock like this.
  15. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

Feel free to start a new thread with your different topic! :)

16. wesbound

wesbound Member

i get that we depend on Harden heavily on the offensive end. Trust me, i watch almost every single game and had always defend Harden when ppl say that he's a terrible defensive player etc and that he's trash etc. There are many times where he could step in take a charge & stops the guy from going in for layup but he doesn't. He happens to just let them go.. maybe he's already burnt out or hitting somewhat of a midseason bump..

17. vlaurelio

yep that happens.. ego, ariza, tucker, cp3 etc gets scored on.. lebron kd.. everyone.. end of the day is the TEAM which OUTSCORES the opppoent and WINS.. harden's inbalanced attack (godly on offense human on defense) is what has given the rockets the best chance of success since he's been here.. that's what convinced mda & cp3 to join him.. and hopefully lebron..

wesbound likes this.
  18. hakeemthagreat

Depends on if he's healthy. Let's not make it seem like CP full fledged quit like James did. I think James is MVP this season & technically should've been last year, but Harden's heart should be questioned after his numerous playoff disappearing acts.

19. hakeemthagreat

Did he brick to 5 rings?

20. vlaurelio

LOL kobethagreat dick riding shaq

shaq could have gotten same or more rings with Harden than Kobe