1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden criticizes officiating in Clippers game

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 22, 2017.

1. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

He's right to complain, but Rockets got worked two games in a row by scrub teams at home. They need to be pointing the finger at themselves.

2. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

He has like 5 Trolling IDs here .. . . i am thinking of ignoring them all

Sybil lives

Rocket River

DonKnock and ryano2009 like this.
  3. RocketsTruth

RocketsTruth Member

Harden is such an offensive genius he has found a way to find ANOTHER loophole in the "harden rule", lonzo ball basically said he is unstopable

4. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

Harden knows if he criticizes the refs too much, he'll be singled out like Cousins or Iverson. Refs are kinda like the police, they have absolute power in their domain and if you criticize or get into an altercation with them, they can make your life hell.

It doesn't take much for the refs to decide a playoff series. *Cough* Draymond Green suspension in the finals.

adw, DonKnock and RocketsTruth like this.
  5. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

To be fair, he did before that quote. He talked about how they couldn't get stops and how they needed to be better on defense. The guy asked him what happened at the end and that is when he talked about this.

adw, cbs1507, DonKnock and 4 others like this.
  6. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I understand it frustrating for fans of other teams when Harden draws fouls as well and as often as he does, but its something he excels at. Like it or not, when the defender reaches in and Harden pulls up for a jumper, thats a foul. When he drives and is fouled continuing to the basket, those are free throws. When he gets run into due to his ability to change pace, those are fouls. All of those are fouls for everybody in the NBA. You cannot target a player simply because he is better at doing it than everyone else. Either change the rules for everyone or call it the same for everyone. Stop treating Harden differently. Harden can legitimately draw 30 free throws a game and its because he has the skill and ability to do so, defenders are simply unable to guard his approach in a legal manner. Thats not due to cheating the system, thats due to other teams utter inability to defend him.

7. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Corey freakin' Maggette used to attempt 10 free throws a game (more than Harden) for a couple of seasons and that was in the mid 00's when the league was at a much slower pace. I don't get why people make such a big freaking deal about it. It's literally the first thing people point to when it comes to Harden.

D-rock, adw, DonKnock and 6 others like this.
  8. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

If you allow players to put hands on curry and impede his movement
    He is half the player that he is now
    Allow players to strong arm LeBron . . .or even Hacking Yao and Shaq to hell without a call

It seems the Refs are about helping some players and stifling others

Rocket River

s3ts, D-rock, adw and 6 others like this.
  9. chievous minniefield

chievous minniefield Contributing Member

Basketball cannot be officiated correctly. It cannot. It is impossible. The game so far passed it’s rulebook 20 years ago, and the NBA just kind of said whatevs.

Every game is officiated badly. Some just are more situationally noticeable than others.

I used to believe there was intent. I could still believe that again. I just know one thing...The games cannot be officiated correctly.

It’s a problem. It often ruins basketball.

hakeem94 likes this.
  10. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Agreed but in the last 20 years when did players get 8 fouls before fouling out?

11. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

That to me is a straight up suspendable offense. It's one thing to miss a foul.....it's a complete other thing to miss the fact that it's someone's 6th foul, and give that foul to someone who was 25 feet from the play. If you're missing things like that, you need to get docked like 10 games worth of pay, and be forced to take training lessons on officiating.

hakeem94, htownrox1, adw and 4 others like this.
  12. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

I missed this, what happend?

Stormy1234 likes this.
  13. Alvin Choo

Alvin Choo Member

Little midget foul Harden. Foul given to Lou Williams. Little midget stayed on floor and managed to flop another foul off Harden.

DonKnock likes this.
  14. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Or the fact that every player behind their 7th rotation guy is trash.

15. Rockets4lf

Rockets4lf Member

You even watched the dam game?

D-rock, DonKnock and Stormy1234 like this.
  16. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Let's be honest here.... Does anyone truly believe the refs 'missed' that?

It was as clear as day to me that was a blatant hatchet job and they knew exactly what they were doing.

17. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Lol

18. josh_is_white

josh_is_white Member

Man it was hard watching that game last night. Very disappointed the refs were calling some bullshit and everyone knows it

DonKnock likes this.
  19. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

He gets more fts than anyone. Pissing off the refs is not a good idea.

20. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

more like...
    Harden is seeing what it's like to have a guy guarding you "that should already be fouled out of the game but was rescued by the refs assigning the foul to a random player... and then repeatedly rescuing him by calling charges on a superstar on inbounds plays."

the question then becomes how does a random scrub get so much suspicious treatment during crunch time?

Rocket River, hakeem94, adw and 2 others like this.