1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Embiid and the Sixers taking on Brunson and the Knicks -- Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

What do people think about Bitcoin?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Spooner, Jan 25, 2014.

?

What is the fate of Bitcoin?

1. Currency of the future

35.0%
  2. Passing Fad

65.0%
  1. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Already 10+ in the groupme and I think the numbers stay with everyone involved.

Get your point tho, not sure how others feel about it.

gambingo likes this.
  2. gambingo

gambingo Member

Can i get in the groupme as well? I just signed up for coinbase today and is a complete novice at this crypto currency.

3. gambingo

gambingo Member

Coinbase says it'll take about 4-5 business days for my deposit to go through into my USD wallet, is it going to take that long or longer with all this craziness? Dam...i don't want to miss out waiting

4. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

Don't worry, you'll have plenty of opportunity to fear missing out once you buy coins and don't have anything left to buy with :)

CCity Zero and moestavern19 like this.
  5. noscrusir

noscrusir Contributing Member

After you buy VEN on binance, do you have to move it to a digital wallet (like myetherwallet), or can you simply hold it on your binance account until you're ready to sell/convert it back to BTC/ETH? Thanks in advance

6. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

Yeah. I created a discord group. So if anyone wants to join, my screen name is:

DudeWah#4762

7. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

I dont trade coins. I buy and hold.(for tax purposes) I run into the same problem as you in that I want to jump in on something but I can't get in quick enough. Ive started keeping a cash reserve on the exchange for times like this.

CCity Zero likes this.
  8. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

If VEN is a long term investment, I would recommend you to use another wallet. Wasn't there a crypto exchange that abruptly shut down?

#3008 RocketsLegend, Dec 18, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2017
    noscrusir likes this.
  9. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Exactly the reason I moved my alts into a wallet. Don't want to end up on the business end of an exchange getting dumped.

marky :) likes this.
  10. noscrusir

noscrusir Contributing Member

Do you recommend myetherwallet as a good one for this purpose? Sorry if the questions sound mundane, just trying to understand it all before pulling the trigger.

11. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Depends entirely on which coin/token you have. For BTC/ETH/LTC you can hold them in your Coinbase wallet.

For a lot of these alts they may or may not have their own wallet, but you can also buy a hardware wallet.

12. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

@jbasket did you have a heart attack after your qtum went 5x?

13. mrm32

mrm32 Member

How long does it take btc to transfer to Binance?

14. Tonaaayyyy

Tonaaayyyy Member

I believe a few mins. Maybe about 5-7 mins?

mrm32 likes this.
  15. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

16. jbasket

jbasket Member

Should have DM'd I believe.

17. jbasket

jbasket Member

HA! I SOLD! I'm the worst trader of all time, yet have still made money. Awestruck. Lemme go over the track record here since I started crypto:

Invested 2 days before china fud. Portfolio drops insta 50%, but I had held just in for btc.

Invest in NEO - at $17, insta steal. FOMO'd into Ark. Saw the downward trend and pulled out. Loss sat value

Put into Ripple. Held, pulled out for the BTC run. Loss sat value

And in a miscellaneous order, put into: QTUM, Verge, LTC, but pulled out and just BTC'd until segwitz. BTC was tanking all the alts.

So my fiat value was up, but satosh value down, until I hit the NEO jackpot earlier in this thread. I fell into Ripple well before Swell, but went out of town and forgot to put in the sell order before the conference.

By this time, I had nearly 90% sat value back though, so I got through the learning curve ok. I invested in VTC around posting a bit earlier, and sat value went up like 30ish %? But forgot to sell order, again :D ughhh.

Just recently, I had some very personal issues come up, and did some rage trading for one day, and lost around 1/3 portfolio (making up some ground slowly though...).

For me, I really just don't know how to hold mini dips well. I had very recently:

Verge at 80 sats. Ripple at 25 cents. QTUM before pump. NEO before pump. POWR. ADA. **** coinc #1,2,3,4,5. I can go on. I just can't hold well or sell well :/ I get in at good times. Honestly, if I held any sort of reasonably, I could have made 1500% this past few weeks.

I was also too lazy to get into binance (terrible decision, moved half stock over from bittrex).

Hakeemtheking and DudeWah like this.
  18. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

BTC can take a while sometimes and fees are super high depending on what you are sending. It can take hours sometimes just depends on the congestion. I do Ether into Binance because it's usually done in about 5 minutes or so.

19. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

this is a must read

Yung-T likes this.
  20. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Cant freaking send my ETH from the Ledger to an exchange....keeps saying transaction failed...been trying for two days to get VeChain, crap!!!