1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What do people think about Bitcoin?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Spooner, Jan 25, 2014.

?

What is the fate of Bitcoin?

1. Currency of the future

35.0%
  2. Passing Fad

65.0%
  1. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Where do you guys go for your crypto news? I want to have a solid few websites I go to in order to stay up to date with the latest.

2. Amir's Johnson

HODL! I'm riding the LTC wave.

Hakeemtheking and SirIvyLeague like this.
  3. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

No one can answer that for you.

SIL

4. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

#Cryptotwitter is my main source of information. Some great follows out there.

http://coinmarketcal.com/ is a good website that tries to list upcoming events/happenings of all cryptocurrencies. Might be good to reference that at times to help predict (as much as one can) future pumps.

zeeshan2, rezdawg and Yung-T like this.
  5. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Already said I won't reply to him anymore, can't keep him from mentioning me.

6. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

www.coindesk.com is your best bet usually.

rezdawg likes this.
  7. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

I second this place, I read a lot there. Also I am part of all the reddit groups for any coins I have or am looking into to read and see anything that you don't notice on the bigger sites. A lot of times the developers or top guys will answer in there as well.

zeeshan2, rezdawg and Yung-T like this.
  8. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

And discipline....

SIL

LongTimeFan likes this.
  9. mrm32

mrm32 Member

10. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Woah hold on, you didn't actively develop your own blockchain? Out of this thread you casual!

11. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

It's like the old joke how do you know someone went to harvard?
    Trust me..they will tell you

12. LongTimeFan

I'm just here for the Clutch P&D group.

On a semi-serious note, I honestly thought LTC was going to pump when it was sub-$100, but I never said anything on here -- and granted I thought "pump" meant $150 -- so I'm going to try make a prediction.

Lot of big alt coins pumped, but $NEO wasn't really one of them. I first realized/noticed that yesterday when it was still around $36 -- went up today to $45 or so. I think this coin has a long way to run in the future and could see a LTC-like pump. This all might depend on China, as I believe $NEO is supposed to be the Chinese ethereum. But this is a coin I wouldn't be surprised if you told me was well over $100 in 2018. [disclaimer: I own 0]

I also think privacy coins will be big in 2018 -- Monero, Zcash, Zcoin*, XVG -- I'm probably missing a few.

I do not like what I've read from the devs/creators of XVG -- some internal talks/fights got leaked that reflected poorly on the leadership there. I sold what I had a month or two ago due to this and blocked it out of my mind. BUT -- this morning I was trying to think of possible future pumps and realized XVG is both (1) a privacy coin; and (2) super cheap. I started to think this could be due for a pump, added it back to my watch list and saw its pumped 80% in the last day or so. Damnit! That said, it's still trading at a penny-and-a-half and could have room to go up more if they ever get their **** together.

Monero speaks for itself (solid alt) and Zcash is right on its tails.

*for those asking before, that's my heaviest alt-coin bag. Won't shill it here.

13. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

My biggest alt investment besides ADA. You should check out their roadmap and the events they're doing atm and in early 2018, this will grow much bigger soon and is severely undervalued imo.

LongTimeFan likes this.
  14. Fantasma Negro

For anyone with experience;
    How long does it usually take for deposits to clear in binance?

15. LongTimeFan

Not to shill or overhype $NEO, but it comes with the added bonus of giving you ROI in the form of $GAS.

In other words, if you transfer your $NEO stash to their wallet, it will automatically generate $GAS as well. HODL $GAS or sell it off, the choice is yours. https://neotogas.com/ website to calculate hypothetical returns from your holdings.

@Yung-T are you familiar with the neonexchange launching next year? Have a friend who I talk crypto with that is heavy on $NEO and is currently saving up to get in on the neonexchange ico next year.

#2755 LongTimeFan, Dec 13, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2017
    Yung-T likes this.
  16. Stack24

Binance doesn't have USD, so do yo mean transferring BTC or ETH to it to trade? If you are talking about BTC, that can take a while given how slow it's been to get a BTC transaction through. I have been doing ETH to my Binance account to buy and it usually takes about 5 minutes or so.

17. Fantasma Negro

Yeah its btc and its been 8hrs, I don't know if its cause its coming from coinbase or what but I'm glad most of the coin I wanted stayed pretty steady

18. Stack24

Yeah BTC is going to take a bit right now. There definitely is a log jam going on. There have been some places I read that it goes 12-18 hours sometimes. I have been doing ETH just because of how high the fee is and the speed aspect since I wanted to get in and trade some alts quicker.

19. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Yea heard of it. I'm still waiting for details cause I have no idea how they'll handle payments, wallets, which currencies are supported or whether they'll also allow for fiat-crypto trades.

This thing could do well but I have no idea how many people are interested in this kind of exchange model. The token sale starts early 2018 I think, so we'll have some time to wait for more info.

20. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

There's been a massive logjam in recent days (for btc in general, not just on binance), some people didn't have their btc transactions finalized after 4-5 days or longer. You have nothing to worry about atm.