1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sick Racist Hate Mails NFL

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by IROC it, Dec 4, 2003.

1. IROC it

IROC it Contributing Member

Dec 4, 1:09 AM EST

FBI Probes Hate Mail Sent to NFL Players

DAVIE, Fla. (AP) -- The FBI is investigating hate mail sent to current and former black NFL players during the past year, according to a published report.

A memo sent to players last week by the NFL's security department said all of the threatening letters came from the same person, The Palm Beach Post reported Thursday. The letters were postmarked Cleveland; Youngstown, Ohio; and Erie, Pa.

"There have been 11 or 12 letters directed to prominent individuals throughout the United States over the past two years," special agent Robert Hawk of the FBI's Cleveland office told the Post on Wednesday. "These letters contained veiled threats. There were overtures of violence."

The NFL's memo said at least six letters have been sent directly to players, their teams and their cheerleaders. One letter was sent to a New Jersey amusement park where a player was scheduled to appear.

Threats of violence have escalated with each letter, the memo said.

Hawk said the letter-writer appears to have also sent similar mail to black public figures, including entertainers.

"We do not have any suspects," Hawk said. "But we are currently conducting lab analysis to find the source. If we find this person, we will refer him for prosecution, because obviously what has been done is illegal."

NFL spokesman Greg Aiello said, "I think the memo speaks for itself."

Copyright 2003 Associated Press. All rights reserved.

----- ----- ------ ------

Some people are just sick... and cowardly.
    link (registration required)

2. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

And if nothing illegal should be done, the players should get over it and quit being so damn sensitive!!!

3. goophers

goophers Member

Was Rush Limbaugh able to write letters from rehab?

;)

4. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

it baffles me that there are people still today, particularly in this country, who want to hurt someone else because of the color of their skin.

5. Timing

Timing Member

Fess up TJ, what's your alibi?

6. Nolen

Nolen Contributing Member

LOL!!:D

7. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

I *resent* being called a 'sick racist' by you of all people, Timing. I will have you know that I graciously devote time out of my schedule to work with underprivileged minority youth every single week. I do not do this for money, I do it for *free*. This volunteer work has taken me across the worst parts of this city in a van, where we passed out food to people and gave them information about a shelter. Every single week I spend two hours tutoring a minority youth who failed his GED test. I have an *excellent* relationship with the program, which includes people of every race imaginable (although primarily black). For you to call me a 'sick racist' is just incomprehensible and ignorant. You are unaware of the sacrifices that I make in order to help lift minorities out of poverty. Just because I am firmly against affirmative action as a means of giving minorities an opportunity does not mean I am against that opportunity. There are better ways to do it, and I am proving it with my *actions*. It may be a good idea to actually know the facts before you so casually hurl very serious allegations at people.

CASE CLOSED

8. F.D. Khan

F.D. Khan Contributing Member

That is wonderful that you devote your time and energy to give back to the community. All TJ has ever preached was equality and that everyone should be accountable for their own actions regardless of race, color or religion. I agree with those principles.

I also have worked with various charity groups and was the VP a Rotary Club in which a recent Gala netted over 20 thousand dollars in funds for the School District Foundations, Boys and Girls Country and TEW (Taking Education to Work). We strive to promote educational groups and are ruthless when it comes to the efficiency of the groups that the money is allocated to. We strive for results or we cut them off.

Each member is currently sponsoring 5 families for Thanksgiving and Christmas which includes more than simply food and presents, but actually finding out some of the problems and helping them to better their situations indefinitely. I have even hired some of the people part time in my office even though I didn't need them, because I wanted to teach them skills needed in the workplace. We help families of all races and do not discriminate. Out of the 5 families I have, 2 are black and 3 are white.

Yet when I talk about truly EQUAL society, meaning no affirmative action etc, I am called a racist or an eliteist? Instead of making silly notions why don't some of you people go do something to give back to society instead of blaming it for everything.

Make blanket statements all you want Timing, but your attitudes make you more race-driven and more of a 'racist' than TJ.

9. Timing

Timing Member

OWNED... *yawn*

FD you obviously don't know what you're talking about, keep it to yourself.

10. edwardc

edwardc Member

So true there are still a lot of sick*ss people out there.

11. F.D. Khan

F.D. Khan Contributing Member

I am a minority and the child of first generation immigrants from Pakistan. My 'race' is a much smaller minority than yours, but we are not an underrepresented minority whatever the hell that means.

In recent years and post 9/11 i've probably had to go through more racism than you've seen in your life. So why don't you take your "you don't know what you're talking about" garbage and actually make an intelliget response if you can. Though I highly doubt it.

Why don't you try looking at people and situations objectively by not making everything into a 'racial' issue. Most people have put race behind them, I feel sorry for you that you haven't.

12. Timing

Timing Member

You obviously are unaware of the things TJ has said on this board, that is what I was referencing. You won't bait me into taking your little hissy fit seriously. Sorry Charlie.

13. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

What race is Timing, F.D. Kahn?

14. Timing

Timing Member

The human race!!! Kumbaya... :)

15. goophers

goophers Member

Why does that matter? That was pretty lame of Timing to personally attack someone on the board, especially when I had made pretty much the same joke about a conservative an hour earlier - though the smilie was meant to show that it was just a joke. I read this board a lot, and I don't recall too many overtly racist remarks from TJ (the only one that comes to mind right now is the capitalism remark that is someone's sig). That just seemed like a pretty low blow. I don't see FD getting in any more of a hissy fit than I've seen many people get in some of these race threads.

16. El_Conquistador

Supporting Member

Your lack of evidence, coupled with my *actions* prove you to be on the losing end of this argument.

Just end it by apologizing. You've already made yourself look foolish in this thread for baselessly accusing me of being a 'sick racist', despite evidence to the contrary. You've already made yourself look like the one intently focused on name-calling, thereby exposing your insecurities. You've already proven you have no argument, by failing to respond to my record of helping minorities. You come across as being overly hostile, once again.

Losing hurts, doesn't it, sweetheart?

17. Timing

Timing Member

We peace loving people of America await your alibi.

DEFEND YOURSELF

18. El_Conquistador

Supporting Member

uh... how about I have never been to Cleveland, Youngstown, or Erie in my entire life.

Continue your baseless attacks -- it's only making you look more foolish. You just look desperate now.

19. Timing

Timing Member

I don't even know what post you're talking about. As for Mr "That only proves there's racism in Georgia" he's said quite a few things which I'd gladly put here if search was enabled. The latest was in a thread on education where he attacked minorities and then used the classic "It's time to start motivating by the whip instead of the carrot". He revels in those fun, sick little quips.

20. Timing

Timing Member

We require you take a lie detector test to verify this expected response.

PERSON OF INTEREST