1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

(USA Today) Rockets have a shot at LeBron next year

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaBeard, Dec 10, 2017.

1. AirBud#10

AirBud#10 Member

Winning a championship with LeBron would cheapen the experience, it would seem more like "LeBron's championship" than the Rockets'. Obviously I'd still love to have him.

#21 AirBud#10, Dec 10, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2017
  2. OlajuwonFan81

OlajuwonFan81 Member

It wouldn't feel cheap one bit. Do you think the Heat fans feel their championships are invalid or cheap? Of course not.

theimpossibles1 and BigggReddd like this.
  3. OTMax

OTMax Member

Don’t want.

Mazulis likes this.
  4. newAge_Rockets

You've gotta be kidding me. LeBron is the second best player of all time and is the best player in the NBA right now as well. You do whatever you can to get him to Houston to play alongside Paul and Harden.

5. izeroi

izeroi Member

I'm sure it's a joke. No one who has a brain would be serious about not getting lbj if it meant losing eg and ryno.

BigggReddd likes this.
  6. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Yes true. I'd love to win it this year without him! Lebron is a no brained, but damn a paul George addition would be huge. That guy fits perfectly.

7. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

The problem with Lebron is this - we built a roster from the ground up with a strategy and ruthlessly sticking to that plan. Lebron as a player would be a win for us in any strategy, but the problem comes with the fact Lebron has always pressured his management into making short sighted deals to bring in his buddies and that is why he could possibly hurt the Rockets long term.

The last thing we need is to pay superstar salary, lose our depth, and then be forced by lebron to sign over the hill guys like Wade or James Jones because otherwise he is going to bolt town(his next deal will no doubt be a relatively short term deal). It’s unfortunate but it’s what Lebron does and as good a player as he is, he is still near the end of his career and the rockets as a team have a lengthier superstar window with Harden - this roster needs to be built to last long past the primes of CP and Lebron.

If I’m Morey - I’m prioritizing younger good players who might leave their current team and keeping the roster flexibility to be able to pursue those guys. Not saying I wouldn’t sign Lebron but there would need to be some clear lines set in advance and I doubt Lebron would want to hear any of that...

DudeWah and J.R. like this.
  8. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Lebron is the obvious choice but damn i think a pg13/harden combo in their prime with a leader like cp3 would be sooooo much fun

9. Moleb

Moleb Member

You're right, I made it 5 months ago.

10. Reeko

Reeko Member

PG is the perfect fit and exactly what we need...he’s like a 20 ppg version of Ariza

my dream scenario would be us signing him and not needing Lebron in order to win the chip

Harden leads us to a title with PG as his #2 and CP3 orchestrating everything

11. HTM

HTM Member

Article built almost entirely on sand. I don’t see any real quotes or sources. Just one writers opinion as to why it would make sense

theimpossibles1 likes this.
  12. hakeemthagreat

Its the principle. How are you competing for a championship with your current team, but leaking where you may go next year? Thats not the type a guy i want. The Rockets have great chemistry with the team we have

Mazulis likes this.
  13. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Thread police arrival :p

Mazulis and ApacheWarrior like this.
  14. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

fify :p:p

BigMaloe likes this.
  15. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

16. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

You wanna keep dis bich active and feed this hoe?

Os Trigonum likes this.
  17. MD_in_Training

Paul George is as good an addition if not better than Lebron (for our team) IMO. PG would basically be an extremely wealthy man's version of Ariza.

Death lineup:
    CP3
    Harden
    PG13
    Ego
    PJ

Chanmarr likes this.
  18. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

19. Nook

Nook Member

You give me LeBron, Harden and Paul on the same team and LeBron can sign whoever the hell he wants.

BigMaloe likes this.
  20. Nook

Nook Member

What makes you think LeBron is leaking? I have seen zero evidence that he has leaked where he is going next year. Indeed, James doesn’t need to leak where he wants to go... every single team in the NBA would clear space to add him.

Having said that..... having LeBron as the 4 on the Rockets would be SICK.

Paul
    Harden
    Ariza
    James
    Capela

The Rockets could literally roll out every conceivable line up counter.

Deuce and theimpossibles1 like this.