1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[NBATV] Postgame commentators absolutely raving about the Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Os Trigonum, Dec 3, 2017.

1. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Holy ****!! For real?? Dude's getting 12 hours of sleep?!?!

What a life!!!

2. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

I think I recall him saying he can easily go for 15 and the more the better lol

Meanwhile I live on roughly 6 a night

3. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

I thought luc said that. Is eric super sleeping too?

I would get more sleep if not for rockets west coast games lol

4. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

I wake up most mornings after 5-6 hours of sleep, frantic because I just remembered I haven't been to history class in a month and a half and I'm not sure when the midterm is...then after about 30 seconds I realize I have been graduated for 2.5 years.

5. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Hmm... is it luc? Now I’m questioning it and can’t recall. It may be luc and not Gordon.

I’m lost

Daddy Long Legs likes this.
  6. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

Maybe you need more sleep breh lol

7. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

With 5:28 left on the clock in the first half, it was 41-37. Over the next 5 minute stretch, we scored 20 and held them to 9 points. That's scary production for a team on the receiving end. I've gotta think some teams feel helpless against us. It's like a tidal wave. You know it's coming and there's nowhere to go. You just kind of sit there and hope to survive.

8. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

[​IMG]

FLASH21 likes this.
  9. MONON

MONON Member

Unfortunately, don't expect that situation go away anytime soon. Mine were actually dreams I was waking up to. However they only occurred 3 or 4 times a year. In addition to the college class situation, I had them about growing up on a farm & the job I retired from. I never mentioned it before, because I just thought it was weird me. Any shrinks around!?! :D

Back on subject, I heard Brent saying that about the Rockets & thought "Rockets praise! 'Bout time!"

D-rock likes this.
  10. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

It's the thought that matters.

SIL

11. rockets13champs

I get lucky for 4-5 some nights

BigMaloe likes this.
  12. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

Same. 15 hours? Is someone Michael Jackson 'ing him?

BigMaloe likes this.
  13. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

Harden is playing at an MVP level- again- and the team has the second best record in the league and you're still whining and complaining. That's why you are catching hell. Don't be a turd in the punch bowl.

D-rock likes this.
  14. douglasreedy1

douglasreedy1 Member

Westbrook winning MVP made me realize its a pointless award- Lebron is still the best player and we’re arguing over the definition of usage w**** and Harden- meanwhile Lebron James is still the best player in basketball. Go Rockets!!!!

Rocket River likes this.
  15. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

Lol, sorry that I don't gloss over major issues in Hardens game. I give him plenty of credit, but I'm a realist. You are welcome to live in your bubble, just put us realists on ignore. I have been consistent on this for years. He CAN play good defense, just just typically doesn't.

And he's playing like an MVP on offense again (though his hustle on D has been much better this season). I draw a distinction between those who play well one side of the ball and those that can play on both. When Harden plays both, he is an MVP in my book. When he doesn't, he's not.

16. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

I have zero basis for thinking that Harden's lifestyle played a part in the decision to go with the new shoot around schedule?
    I never claimed it to be anything other than speculation based on my observations of Harden and the organization over the years. He likes to party. We know he goes out late before big games, or at least has in the past. You might not consider this plausible, but I do, and it absolutely has a basis in fact. The fact that Harden likes to party.

Some of you also are getting offended that I'm stating the obvious about Harden's lifestyle. Without going back to look at what Sam said (7% battery and a slow phone), the critique in the original statement was on Harden's lifestyle. Which is sure to illicit some angry responses about "he can do whatever he wants on his own time, all that matters is what happens on the court." And I agree, but it's naive and ignorant to believe that excessive partying wouldn't affect his play. Hmm, I wonder if that's why I said I had a personal feeling that Harden's lifestyle played a roll.

I also don't see how mentioning the obvious benefits of a better sleep regimen is proof that they didn't consider Harden's lifestyle...if anything, it makes that more plausible. Either way, I'm not upset with Harden or the organization even if it was solely based on Harden's lifestyle.

17. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

I think Tmac used to sleep a lot before games too. NBA TV had one of those couch segments with a bunch of players a while back talking about things they did before games. Someone used to eat fast food I think. Ron Artest used to listen Celine Dion before games lol

BigMaloe likes this.
  18. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

A lot eat fast food. The younger athletes especially.

They all pretty much wake up, practice, nap, gametime, party or hotel hookup from Tinder. Rinse and repeat. Eat in there, too.

SIL

19. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

NBA Network and Radio show the Rockets proper respect. MLB Network and Radio did Astros the same.

Good to see ESPN having us #1 in the Power Rankings.

20. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

Yeah brah, cause zero evidence he does this and has done so at very crucial times. Get his bushy nuts of your mouth, and put the Rockets first.

I'm sure he's just speculating, but if you don't think that has a little to do with it you're blind.

SIL