1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Are we witnessing the best regular season Rockets team?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by AlaisterCuaresma, Dec 3, 2017.

?

How many wins will we have by the end of the season?

1. 70+

2. 69-60

3. 59-50

4. 49-40

5. 39-

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. bongman

bongman Member

Sorry for them :p

DonKnock and Reeko like this.
  2. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Great piece.. we still have to prove it when it matters. I look forward to more proof and execution in the big moments!

3. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Very nice job, OP! Look forward to your take on the second quarter of the season. Let's hope that there's as much great play to break down by the Rockets then as we've seen up until now. We just have to stay healthy. If we can, the Rocks will be looking at that magic 60+ win mark, in my opinion. This team is that good.

Sometimes a season just feels special. The '93/'94 season felt like that early. The vibe kept going until June. You never felt like the Rockets were out of a game, or out of a series once the playoffs began. This is a different NBA to contend with, and thanks to Morey, we have both the players and the coaching needed to go deep in the playoffs and contend for a title. I've been calling Golden State the Worriers, because I think we have to have them worried about contending against us in the post-season.

18-4. Ain't it just lovely?

#23 Deckard, Dec 3, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2017
  4. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

Wish I could like it twice. I watched the whole thing and it was awesome. Loved the caption saying Capela looks like an old young Michael Jackson. That's so true! Great Rocket spirit! Great report!

Deckard, Houstunna, hakeem94 and 2 others like this.
  5. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

Ya but if we can take down the warriors even just once over the next 3 years it would be historical imo.

Imo, It would also cement Harden as a top 20 player all time.

It's still early and the warriors don't seem right but we have clearly played better and been better than them through the first quarter of the season.

The eyes and numbers paint this out clear.

The warriors have been so dominant the last 3 years that history shows they only have one way to go and that's down. I don't think they can get any better than what they were the last 2 years.

The rockets on the other hand have room to grow, this is a new team with a lot of new pieces. We're playing Great and the unbera keep rising. Now do I think we can be much better than what we're currently playing at? No. But I do think they can get more consistent and play at this level full time. I mean since cp3 has come back we have the best offense and defense in the league and a point differential of over 20.

That's insane and would put us as the best team ever statistically.

This Rockets team is insanely good one of the best teams Iv seen in my 30 years of watching the NBA. Part of the is James Harden is just an alltime great so that is the main reason but the pieces around him starting with cp3 on down to coach dantoni are perfect.

Morey has really constructed the perfect team for Harden and it's showing. I'm glad he got this team around him at age 28 rather than when we first acquired him at 23.

He's in his prime and ready to truely lead us to championships. Everything before this was just preparing him. He wasn't ready and was to young.

Deckard, DonKnock and Reeko like this.
  6. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Good job. Nice ending on the court bruh

DonKnock and AlaisterCuaresma like this.
  7. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

Yeah, I voted 70+. I also predict the Rockets will go 82-0 at the beginning of each season. That's how I roll.

My latest calculations tell me we are most likely to end the season 78-4 and sweep the playoffs.

Deckard, YaoMing#1, Houstunna and 7 others like this.
  8. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

9. AlaisterCuaresma

Definitely, towards of the end of the month is looking like a tough schedule

10. AlaisterCuaresma

Safe! Had to do it a couple of times haha

Tfor3 and DonKnock like this.
  11. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

You seem to have a lot of fun with this. You sure make it fun to watch, especially by adding such advanced fan knowledge, like key meme plays. And this is coming from someone who usually doesn't like the jump-cut style editing that is so popular with yt TV show, Movie and News reviews.

AlaisterCuaresma and DonKnock like this.
  12. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

No doubt this is our best regular season team.

AlaisterCuaresma likes this.
  13. AlaisterCuaresma

Yeah definitely, what makes it more enjoyable is the fact we're actually good lol, I wouldn't have to do that much jump-cut style editing if I was fluid talker, that'll come with time though.

14. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Don't change. Ppl like jump cuts in narratives. I actually think it's a feature of some editing software for youtubers.

You make it work well, was my point.

15. ooooaaaah!

ooooaaaah! Member

Obviously, adding Chris Paul (especially in the playoffs) was great for the defense and offense but I hope people appreciate how important it was to get Tucker and Mbah a Moute to really transform the defense. Mbah a Moute attempting more 3 pointers than he ever has and hitting 40% and Tucker hitting 37%. Harden and Paul making players better. Kudos to Morey for slowly molding the team to where it needed to be. Now cross fingers, no injuries, and may that small bit of luck needed to win it all fall in the Rockets direction. They are fun to watch!

16. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

Basketball Reference's metric of SRS (Simple Rating System) scores this Rockets team 11.10 (behind GSW this year who have 11.13)

The next best Rockets regular season team was last years by that same metric at 5.84.

17. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

They are current the 5th and 6th greatest teams of all time according to SRS. The league has never seen this type of dominance from two teams in the same season before.

18. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

No because they are so good the games are boring now

19. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

This is arguably the best all around regular season Rockets team. You have Harden or Paul on the floor at all times with very compatible role players.

20. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

No. Boston is the awesomest ever because Kyrie makes fancy layups and we're mourning Hayward.