1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Time To Do Our Part: Crowdsourcing Solutions To Empty Seats at TC

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DonKnock, Nov 30, 2017.

1. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

This.

Houston has always been an extreme fair-weather town with the NBA. They drew terribly in the Summit. Then, they won two championships and seats were rabidly filled from 96-99 (post-championship, and Barkley/Pippen excitement). Then, they weren't. They made a mini-resurgence in the Yao/T-mac era, but playoff struggles stifled that era's excitement/attachment with the fan base.

Now, the Harden era has been a mixed bag of good teams, bad lockerooms, one deep playoff run, and some less than stellar showings in games that matter.

This city has yet to become attached to the Rockets. They could... just like they became attached to this year's Astros... but its just not there yet, even with the early season success.

2. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

All the good seats for the playoff caliber opponents-all 5 together are 200-300 each minimum.

3. PersianRocket

PersianRocket Member

Lol not at all. Looking online right now and 4 tickets for rockets vs spurs in the lower corner at 98 dollars a piece. I feel like you (among other rockets fans) are just reaching for things to complain about and excuses to not go to games.

DonKnock likes this.
  4. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

No. Look at GSW for really nice seats. Then come back.

5. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

There are 39 other home games to go to. Using the most expensive ones as a barometer is why people get discouraged from going.

This makes the issue seem like people want to go see a Warriors game at TC rather than them wanting to see a good game.

6. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

I agree with that. Simple but true.

DonKnock likes this.
  7. Reeko

Reeko Member

I’m always able to find lower bowl seats for $60-$90 behind the basket, and sometimes I’ve bought tickets for lower than that...I’ve never felt that the seats were bad

u don’t have to drop a paycheck to sit in the lower bowl, and tbh, I’d rather sit in the sections behind the basket instead of at the club seat sections anyways because the club seat sections always have huge pockets of empty seats...I want to be around other fans

center court in the upper bowl isn’t bad either

8. scv_rockets

scv_rockets Member

DonKnock likes this.
  9. mockster

mockster Member

Honestly though what’s the best seats at a decent price?.

10. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Other than the Texans Houston is a bad sports city. It would help if the rockets realized that and lowered ticket prices.

11. Reeko

Reeko Member

if u want to sit in the lower bowl, then u can get seats for as low as 40 something dollars in the sections behind the basket depending on the opponent

DonKnock likes this.
  12. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Why would they do that? They're selling these tickets at a premium as is.

There's a stark difference between overpricing the product... and the seats still being purchased, just that the fan base is mostly blah about NBA basketball till the playoffs (and a deep deep run is the only thing that carries over to the following season).

DonKnock likes this.
  13. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

Rebrand it Lexus Center

14. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

It's not the money. 7pm start times for a city as spread out as us is too early. Yea cool game over go to bed early. For the games I've been to it's usually dead at tip off and crunk for the 4th. Some people are schmoozing in the lounges, but most of us are still in traffic somewhere right before tip off. You buy lower bowl seats for that up close experience you should expect to pay more, otherwise stay upstairs like they say 'no bad seat in the house' right? The family night promotion is a steal also .. 4/4/4/2 for like 99 bucks?

DonKnock likes this.
  15. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Tickets are way too expensive. I can go to 10 Nuggets games for the price of 1 Rockets game

16. Reeko

Reeko Member

can’t compare Rockets prices to Nuggets prices

I saw tickets for our next home game against the Pelicans going for like $35 in the lower bowl...in the upper bowl they were going for like 20 bucks

DonKnock likes this.
  17. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I tried going to Rockets game while I was in town over Thanksgiving and I could not find a lower bowl seat for under $200, and those weren't even good ones

Also I just checked out this Pelis game you speak of. Every seat in the lower bowl not behind the basket is $200+

18. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

They're not having issues selling them.

The issue is them being occupied physically.

SIL

19. Reeko

Reeko Member

sections 105-109 and 118-122 are the club seat sections...that’s why the tickets start at around $200

if u want the perks that come with club seats then you’re gonna have to pay up, if u don’t need all that then u can get tickets in the lower bowl or upper bowl at an affordable price

DonKnock likes this.
  20. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Yeah, its still stupid expensive. Like I said, I can sit in those same seats at many other stadiums without spending much money. $200 for those seats is ludicrous