1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Luc Mbah a Moute set an NBA record of +57 in +/-, per BBR

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by James.B.H, Nov 22, 2017.

1. James.B.H

James.B.H Member

https://www.basketball-reference.co...max=99&age_min=0&age_max=99&order_by=diff_pts

In tonight's blow out, Luc Mbah a Moute records a +57 +/-, which breaks the old record +52 set by Joe Smith in 2001. +57 in one game is just astonishing, this game alone will put Luc into the top 50 in cumulative +/- this season. Yet, it still doesn't break CP3's record of losing 58 points in the playoffs to the Nuggets, what a pity!

2. TracywtFacy

TracywtFacy Member

And he did it in, what 26 minutes or something?

Not a bad night in the office.

Ramo$e, Robert Kogut and Lawlruschang like this.
  3. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

4. DirtyDizzil

DirtyDizzil Member

Holy shiznit.. Mah Bootay +57

RasaqBoi likes this.
  5. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

I wonder what the actual score was when he was on the floor. Had to be something ridic like 70-13

DonKnock likes this.
  6. hongxingli

hongxingli Contributing Member

This is sick by any standard, even it’s just a coincidence. I’m surprised that only 4 reply so far.

DonKnock likes this.
  7. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

We have our big Three.

pgabriel, BigMaloe, DonKnock and 2 others like this.
  8. James.B.H

James.B.H Member

Indeed it was 93-36, still insane performance.

D-rock, Easy, DonKnock and 4 others like this.
  9. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

And thanks to CP3, we have him for the vet min.

10. felixng2012

felixng2012 Member

Such a steal for the vet min. I watched him on the Clippers so this was not a surprise to me.

hakeem94 and DonKnock like this.
  11. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

His defense has been very nice, his 3 point shooting is just a beautiful cherry on top.

I ejnoy seeing Tucker and Moute hit 3's more then anybody else on the roster, because it's such a added luxury considering the defensive impact they both bring, and Tuckers rebounding.

12. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

13. Shaq2Yao

Shaq2Yao Member

This team is tight! Very promising for a Championship team!

14. ghettocheeze

ghettocheeze Member

15. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

Reserve Luc Mbah a Moute notches eye-opening statistic in Rockets' triumph

HOUSTON -- On a night when Chris Paul starred in his Rockets home debut, another player who made the move from Lob City to Houston over the summer had the most impressive statistic in the box score.

The Rockets outscored the Denver Nuggets by 57 points in reserve forward Luc Mbah a Moute's 26 minutes during Houston's 125-95 rout Wednesday night.

The plus-57 is the best plus-minus recorded in any NBA game (regular season or playoffs) in the past two decades, according to ESPN Stats & Information. Joe Smith had the previous best plus-minus in the past two decades with a plus-52 in the Minnesota Timberwolves' blowout win over the Chicago Bulls on Nov. 8, 2001.

Rockets coach Mike D'Antoni laughed in shock during his postgame news conference when asked about Mbah a Moute's plus-57, checking the printed box score on the table for confirmation. He pointed it out to Mbah a Moute in the locker room afterward.

"I saw it again and was like, 'Wow,'" said Mbah a Moute, who scored 13 points on 5-of-5 shooting, including three 3-pointers, grabbed four rebounds and had four steals. "I guess it's a testament to our team, man, and how we play. When we're clicking, we do a lot of good things. It makes people look good, all individuals look good."

The Rockets outscored the Nuggets by a 93-36 margin with Mbah a Moute on the floor.

Houston got off to a slow offensive start, leading 6-5 when Mbah a Moute checked in with 6:47 remaining in the first quarter. The Rockets closed the quarter with a 30-12 run and held a large lead the rest of the game.

Mbah a Moute was plus-18 in the first quarter, plus-15 in the second , plus-11 in the third and plus-13 in the fourth; the Nuggets were scoreless during the first 3:47 of the final frame before the veteran forward and the Rockets' other regulars checked out of the game.

"That's pretty good. I like the win," Mbah a Moute said. "We played really well. Defensively, we were flying all over the place. Our rotations were awesome, guys communicating on the same page. When we play like that early, it took their spirit and really helped us."

LA Clippers, has quickly proven his value in Houston. The Rockets allow an average of only 97.8 points per 100 possessions with Mbah a Moute on the floor, the best of any Houston player averaging at least 20 minutes per game.

"You've got to understand, I'm not surprised when I hear any of that stuff," Paul said. "Coach always comes tell me, especially early in the season, he'd be like, 'Man, Luc is good!' I'd be like, 'I know.' You know what I mean? I played with him and there's a trust factor there. I trust Luc as much as I trust myself."

Paul, who missed almost a month due to a bruised left knee, was spectacularly efficient in his first regular-season home game at Toyota Center. He scored 26 points on 8-of-11 shooting, dished out 12 assists, recorded three steals and committed only one turnover in 28 minutes.

It was the continuation of a very smooth process of incorporating Paul after Houston's hot start without him. The Rockets are 3-0 since the return of Paul, who has averaged 17.0 points on 58.6 percent shooting from the floor, 9.3 assists and 2.3 steals in the three blowout wins.
    "We've still got a ways to go, but I'm enjoying the process of it," Paul said. "Yeah, we're winning, but through the game, we're talking, we're having conversations. It's about building things for later, building that trust, knowing that you can get on guys and nobody takes it personal. Everybody looks at it big-picture. When I say it's a process, I mean us building all season long is a process."

Paul is amused by the critics who doubted he'd be able to coexist with James Harden, another superstar guard who has dominated the ball throughout his career. Harden leads the league in scoring and assists, but Paul still has plenty of opportunities to run the pick-and-roll for the Rockets, who have the West's best record at 14-4.

"At the end of the day, it ain't like I went from the NBA to the NFL," Paul said. "It is what it is. I've been playing for a while, and I'm playing the same position. I think with everybody seeing me leave [the Clippers] and stuff like that, I don't know what they think, but I know how to play a little bit."

16. crimsonghost

crimsonghost Member

He did it in 26 minutes too. I commented on this at my house. I had never seen it that high before. Apparently no one had.

17. Red Chocolate

Red Chocolate Contributing Member

Luc is the Battier type player who doesn't put up big numbers, yet is extremely efficient and defends multiple positions really well. I think this is mostly a circumstantial type thing where he was on the court at the most opportune time with respect to the +/- stat, but he's sneaky a very high +/- type player especially when you consider he's being paid the minimum.

18. riko

riko Member

For those wondering why our defense has improved this season? well this guy is the biggest reason why. His switch defense has been amazing.On top of that his one on one defensive coverage has been sublime.

D-rock and DonKnock like this.
  19. riko

riko Member

Tucker took less money as well.

20. OTMax

OTMax Member

Luc the leader!

K-Lo_The_Future and DonKnock like this.